Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 17th August 2010, 22:59   #1
bourney
Infrequent Poster

bourney is on a distinguished road
Default a good head unit?

I'm after a head unit for my saxo i've just bought.

It's got to have USB input, CD player (not too bothered about AUX) and i'd prefer it to have bluetooth streaming and handsfree if possible. Oh, and got to have good quality sound output and connect to a sub

On a tight budget, so maybe £150 max.

Thanks guys
bourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 23:32   #2
Jamescl1992
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): ZR 2.0 TD Saxo 1.5D
Jamescl1992 is on a distinguished road

Hey mate, I just bought a Alpine 113bt for my sax, running completly standard speakers , and it sounds a hell of a lot better than my old unit really boosted the bass and quality sounds overall a lot better, really good with playing cd's doesnt skip or anything when your driving over bumps etc.

Also got a USB port so you can play music off your usb device etc, havent tried that yet tho but doubt ill be disapointed.

The bluetooth on its great, really good call quality with the built in parrot,
Id defantly recommend it, i got it for £160 off caraudiocentre.

Gonna be getting some new speakers for the front too, cant wait to see how good its going to sound with them, as standard speakers are shocking.
Jamescl1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 23:39   #3
Peterrose1991
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1 East Coast
Peterrose1991 is on a distinguished road

Halfords have got like a half price sale on audio equipment (headunits) hope this helps
Peterrose1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 15:08   #4
djt992
Regular Poster

Car(s): Peugeot 106 GTi, Peugeot 106 1.5D, Ford Focus TD
djt992 is on a distinguished road

Pioneer or Alpine for quality
djt992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 15:38   #5
rkid147
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Wicked Red VTS!
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
rkid147 is on a distinguished road

I can agree with the Alpine CDE-113BT, cracking unit for the money, has everything that you need. If you get it from Halfords it comes with the iPod lead aswell!

Chewy
Old 22nd August 2010, 00:16   #6
bourney
Infrequent Poster

bourney is on a distinguished road

cheers for that guys. I did pop down halfords today to look at some head units but i've decided to put that off for a month or two and upgrade the speakers instead.

I bought some 17cm sony xplod speakers for the parcel shelf today and even though they do sound much better than the standard rear it's the front speakers that are now seriously letting it down. I can't crank the music up at all or they just distort like mad!
so thats the next mod i think, just trying to find whats the biggest speaker i could realistically fit in the door panel.
bourney is offline   Reply With Quote