Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 12th October 2006, 22:21   #1
2klthor
Regular Poster

Car(s): 1.1 Saxo 03
2klthor will become famous soon enough
Default Sick of my gym work being a waste of timee

I am:

17, 18 in march

Hight:

5,10 - think ive stopped growing up

Weight:

11 St on most scales, its 22:10 so...

physique:

tonned upper body, lower body average, small calfs

Todays food intake:

(pretty average days eating)

breakfast: nothing, mayb usually have an apple
brunch: banana, chock bar 2 cups of tea
lunch: medium salad plently of carbs pasta tuna all that kinda stuff typical asda salad
bout 4 ish: bag of crisps, peperami n a bit of peparoni lol.
tea 8 ish: lasange with salad and something else like coldslaw

its now 10 lol

anyway to my current problem, i go to the gym perhaps twice a week currently before i go bed i do 40 pressups and 3x20 different really hard abs work, 10 curls, and 10 squats with no weight.

im not actually getting any more tonned or bigger any more which is really getin on my wick lol. i dont have any set workout, and i would buy a membership for every month to the gym should u fella's think its necessary.

im not like a body builder, so i cba with the cost of protein and creatine supliments and im not to good at setting programs but i currently jus do whatever i feel i need to work on and do say chest press:

12 reps 70kg, 10 reps 77kg, 8 reps 84kg

appritiate any feed back <3

cheers luke
2klthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006, 22:50   #2
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

you want to build muscle?

heaver weight - lower reps

Also if you have a goal, join your council run gym becuase the one here has a personal trainer for everyone who will help design a programme for you
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 00:07   #3
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

there is a million ways to train and eat, buy some body building books to help, you dont have to be a pro-body builder to read them.
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 10:52   #4
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 106 GTI
Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!

if your not growing, maybe you are overtraining? forget all that working out before bed thats useless. Go gym 3 days a week and train hard and heavy, say... monday-chest and triceps, wednesday:biceps and shoul;ders, sat: legs and back. and dont do ANYTHING on the days off (training wise)- also fix that diet its shocking, breakfast, nothing!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? first major mistake there mate, munch some eggs in the morning. Dinner get 2 chicken breasts and rice down ya or something and cut out the choc and pepoarnoi.... hope that helps ya
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 19:31   #5
2klthor
Regular Poster

cheers leo, how much should i be doing in these work outs, i.e chest and triceps, 45 mins say?
Old 13th October 2006, 21:06   #6
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!Leo is as cool as a cucumber!

Here mate, this program is really good for building size and strengh in a timely mannor.

http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm

I highly recommend this site also, have been using it and the forum for a long time.
Old 15th October 2006, 17:43   #7
2klthor
Regular Poster

so what, you just do the squats and the exercises stated below? no bench press nothing?
Old 15th October 2006, 17:51   #8
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

You're definately not eating enough from what you put there

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day first thing you should have before you do anything else. Eat a few slices of toast and a bowl of cereal.

Brunch, a few bananas and some chocolate are fine.

Dinner the salad wont do anything for your body, at least with it being healthy it should be rich in good stuff although it could be questioned just how fresh it is. Get a good pasta dish to go with it on the side.

Mid afternoon have a sandwich or something to keep you going

Tea. chicken is a great source of protein, get some of that down you along with a good mix of fresh vegetables.

If you're still hungry bananas are great whatever the time of day. Also drink plenty of milk and scrambled egg for breakfast would be ideal aswel if you get fed up of plain toast and cereal
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 17:54   #9
argylefan1985
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk1
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
argylefan1985 has much to be proud ofargylefan1985 has much to be proud ofargylefan1985 has much to be proud ofargylefan1985 has much to be proud ofargylefan1985 has much to be proud ofargylefan1985 has much to be proud ofargylefan1985 has much to be proud ofargylefan1985 has much to be proud of

dont forget mate ur still quite young just keep at it and take some of the guys advice it`l come in time.
argylefan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 18:19   #10
stiffler69
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!

i used to goto the gym every night training and the only i was able to gain weight was to have 3 months off this give me the extra to turn in to bulk should try it you will feel shitty when you get back into it but a couple of weeks and you will be sorted i was the same height and weights as yourself at that age, mind you i dont get to the gym these days so its all gone pete tong lol if you cant do it with the months off try a week training and a week off training
stiffler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 18:30   #11
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2klthor View Post
im not actually getting any more tonned or bigger any more which is really getin on my wick lol. i dont have any set workout, and i would buy a membership for every month to the gym should u fella's think its necessary.

im not like a body builder, so i cba with the cost of protein and creatine supliments and im not to good at setting programs but i currently jus do whatever i feel i need to work on and do say chest press:

12 reps 70kg, 10 reps 77kg, 8 reps 84kg

appritiate any feed back <3

cheers luke
when you first start working out u will see quite a bit of change but after a wee while you will stop growing, clearly cos you arent eating enough, you need to eat to grow, no point wasting your money on a gym membership if you arent gonna start eating.

you can keep fit, you can tone your body up, but you wont grow without eating the right food.

and dont expect to see any changes after a good nights sleep, will take a good 6 months to see any improvements.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 18:43   #12
2klthor
Regular Poster

right would you all agree:

eat breakfast, eat more protein high diet, chicken ham e.t.c.

monday: chest, triceps
wends: biceps shoulders
fri: legs back

how many reps should a set cosist of per exercise? how many sets should be done? how long do you recomend i spend per day in the gym?

thanks again

luke
Old 15th October 2006, 20:00   #13
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Mate thats fine, simalr to mine i do same but sat instead of fri.

If you want to pack on muscle fast i really suggest that squats and milk workout, alot of people in ur postion was amazed with the results (it even has the diet dopne for u!!!)

For example, do that squats and milk for say 2 months, then see how much size u have on then and do a new routine concentrating on sculping while still building (bench press, etc etc)
Old 15th October 2006, 20:31   #14
2klthor
Regular Poster

well jus to start off see how it goes ill go 3 times a week strickly have 1/2 eggs for breaky and the odd glass of milk with it and go from there accordingly
Old 15th October 2006, 20:36   #15
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

skimmed milk pal
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 20:39   #16
2klthor
Regular Poster

leo since im using your workout, anychance you could post what you do on each muscle group day, i.e chest on a monday u'd do bench, 20x3 e.t.c.
Old 15th October 2006, 22:46   #17
Leo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2klthor View Post
leo since im using your workout, anychance you could post what you do on each muscle group day, i.e chest on a monday u'd do bench, 20x3 e.t.c.
Hi mate my new ones here

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...899#post705899

Might be a bit much for you as you are starting, see what you think. If you want i can put together a nice less intense starting routine for u
Old 15th October 2006, 23:14   #18
2klthor
Regular Poster

looks ok tho mate, anychance you could expand a little as to what some of most of the exercises are as obviously i wont have a clue