Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 15th July 2008, 12:55   #101
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Well the biggest factor when it comes to weight is between the sub and the box.

You could put one of those GT5's in like 1cuft sealed. That'd be light, but wouldnt sound great.

Or you could buy a free-air sub and stick it in an mdf parcel shelf!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 16:14   #102
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

ummm think i might try make a another fiberglass box or if i can find some decent cheep carbon fiber make it out of that
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 22:22   #103
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

well started making the install look a bit better today have flushed the subs and going to be putting the amps in a box with perspex windows. will be rounding the ports too

Old 19th July 2008, 22:26   #104
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

looking good mate.. covering that sheet of mdf with carpet? or spraying.. also.. how low is your back end now? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 22:39   #105
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

gonna carpet it i think but depends how things go the next cuple days as i got loads to do for car show next weekend its on the bump stops low
Old 19th July 2008, 22:43   #106
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
gonna carpet it i think but depends how things go the next cuple days as i got loads to do for car show next weekend its on the bump stops low
haha.. a low back end is no problem atall if you got big bass pumping through the car

carpet will look sexual tbh

could spray it for the show if you dont have time to carpet, then afterwards just carpet over the spray?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 22:51   #107
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

lol just a shame front end aint as low

yeah thats the plan for it aint doing what i did at the last show was still working on the car at the show was up all night working dont think the neighbours wherer to happy with me jig sawing at 6 am on a sunday o well

going to start making aonther box after show 3 gt5's in the boot
Old 20th July 2008, 08:04   #108
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

Its looking good.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 19:40   #109
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

thanks mate well got the 2nd sub flushed today and ive got a new battery now im trying to think what to do with the amps heres cuple pics of what i cud do 1 one have both amps on show in windows or 2nd (no so good pic) of just the jbl amp on show in the center if i do the 2nd one means i will be able to have a 2nd battery behind the boxes

the box is going to be black did the pic in red because it was easyer to see

heres the new battery http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...de=BATMAX900DC

Old 20th July 2008, 19:49   #110
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

The one amp in the middle looks better, but red carpet looks gash!
Old 21st July 2008, 03:02   #111
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

any one else think i should put the amp in the middle or should i do the 1st one i cant make my mind up lol
Old 21st July 2008, 08:00   #112
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Where will the genesis go if you put the JBL in the middle?
Old 21st July 2008, 13:26   #113
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

not sure could put a flush floor in the passanger foot well and have it there

mount it behind the sub box

or fit it like this in the rear door card
Old 21st July 2008, 13:28   #114
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

Fit it in the rear door card, that will look mint mate.
Old 21st July 2008, 13:59   #115
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

If i were you i wouldnt put anything on show!! If a chav walks past and see's that then you can say bye bye to you're "spl install"! Lol

My mate had all his nicked not long ago, and all they could see was the amp power cable under the plastic sill trim.
Old 21st July 2008, 14:35   #116
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
If i were you i wouldnt put anything on show!! If a chav walks past and see's that then you can say bye bye to you're "spl install"! Lol

My mate had all his nicked not long ago, and all they could see was the amp power cable under the plastic sill trim.
Fair point. It would be nice to have it on show like i said but now thinking what coonper said, Id rather hide it all. All mines hiden the amps behind the install just behind the rear seat, When i do my new one all that will be shown is the sub oviosly when the boots open.
Old 21st July 2008, 16:52   #117
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post

true but i no most the robbing lil chavs down here old mates from skool ect lol every think in my car is bolted down no one can get into the boot without the keys and i dont park any where my car would get robed so i dont relly have to worry about it going missing touch wood

so where would you put it if you didnt think it would get nicked?
Old 21st July 2008, 17:42   #118
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
true but i no most the robbing lil chavs down here old mates from skool ect lol every think in my car is bolted down no one can get into the boot without the keys and i dont park any where my car would get robed so i dont relly have to worry about it going missing touch wood

so where would you put it if you didnt think it would get nicked?
You might no them and they might be your "friends" but sometimes the ones you call "friends" arn't.

Will it go under the rear seat? or fit somewere in the enclosure.. not subboxes but the actually enclosure?
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:56   #119
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

has any one on here run oawg thru there saxo how hard was it did it go thru the gromet ok? and did it go under the back seats ok?
Old 27th July 2008, 18:05   #120
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

well been at show all day got my car tested went well got front end set up alot better and have been told to get a new headunit as the shity one i have at the moment is ment to be losing me about 4db got sun roof flexin like a bitch too

Total Average ((((Propper Droppers)))) Score =136.6dB

Peak= 141.4dB @ 50Hz
40Hz= 138.3dB
33Hz= 137.5dB
25Hz= 134.5dB
20Hz= 131.6dB