Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 10th September 2008, 22:42   #61
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

ARRRR damn!!!

thanks ashley.. i didnt know you had posted about that amp until just now.. and seen that uve updated saying its been sold thats a bummer.. ill have to wait a few weeks now until i can afford the newer model jbl to power the beast.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:06   #62
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Mate, if you pump 1500rms into that sub, it is gonna blow you away! Quite literally! Lol!

Im sad to see it go tbh, but needs must!

You will be able to do competitions and all sorts with it mate!

Do you plan on leaving it in my box, or are you gonna make up a small gay one? lol
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 16:51   #63
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

leaving it in your box mate....
which amp do you recommend me to get coonper ??

oh also, just found out. my dad will be at that council depot from 10am and he said he will be there for a few hours..

just read the bit about competitions.. my mate the other day tried telling me that a vibe sub would be better than it lmaoo.. i was telling him about it and he actually thinks he knows everything.. but he doesnt know ANYTHING hahaha!

Last edited by DJDannyB; 11th September 2008 at 18:57.
DJDannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 21:10   #64
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
leaving it in your box mate....
which amp do you recommend me to get coonper ??

oh also, just found out. my dad will be at that council depot from 10am and he said he will be there for a few hours..

just read the bit about competitions.. my mate the other day tried telling me that a vibe sub would be better than it lmaoo.. i was telling him about it and he actually thinks he knows everything.. but he doesnt know ANYTHING hahaha!
Seriously mate, just you wait! If you feed it with 1500rms from the new range of JBL amp then you will be well away!

Im gonna be just round the corner at college. Its my first day, so i dont really know how it works, but i must get a lunch break at some point! Can i take your dads number to make things easier?
Old 12th September 2008, 00:06   #65
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Seriously mate, just you wait! If you feed it with 1500rms from the new range of JBL amp then you will be well away!

Im gonna be just round the corner at college. Its my first day, so i dont really know how it works, but i must get a lunch break at some point! Can i take your dads number to make things easier?
oh dont worry i cant wait, what amp you recommend then? the new jbl one?

ok i see, yeah you must, infact if its your first day, you probably wont be there very long..

i will PM you his number mate.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:23   #66
DavidC

DavidC is on a distinguished road

are those jbl amps better than the vibe mono ones?

got the vibe mono running two 15s and it does not seem that impressive
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 11:26   #67
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

i personally rate jbl higher than vibe, in terms of quality and value for money

however the vibe black box's are sposed to be really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 18:25   #68
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
are those jbl amps better than the vibe mono ones?

got the vibe mono running two 15s and it does not seem that impressive
What boxes are they in? If you have them in a saxo then they must sound shit! Unless you have gutted the rear end of the car and walled it?!?!

With regards to subs danny, tell me what you are after, and give me a budget to work with. I alsi need to know what amp you are using, what head unit and components you have.

Are you handy with wood and nails? Cus you really need to build your own box.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:44   #69
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Well, ive not got any audio yet.. but im getting: this HU pioneer

and most probably the new jbl amp that has replaced the 1202.1

Not sure on which componants and an amp for those and also need a nice sub.. will be getting a box from BFUK most probably.

Im not really sure on a budget tbh.. just not silly.

So all in all, i need a good sub, set of comps and an amp for comps. But, if you find an amp which will suit the sub you find instead of the jbl one which is like £200 because its new out, then put that down too please.

then i will get a nice custom box from bfuk..
Old 15th September 2008, 22:38   #70
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

is that ok coonper? or do you need a vudget to work with really? if so then around £500 max for everything. exclude the HU though.

Last edited by DJDannyB; 15th September 2008 at 22:57.
DJDannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 23:00   #71
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

danny if you want mate as im local ill design and help you build a box just let me know which sub/subs you decide on. it will only cost you a pint lol
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 23:27   #72
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
danny if you want mate as im local ill design and help you build a box just let me know which sub/subs you decide on. it will only cost you a pint lol
Oh thats good, nice one mate.. didnt relise you was local
if it will only cost me a pint instead of £50 from bfuk, then its a deal lol.
Old 16th September 2008, 08:19   #73
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Well im sure you know which components are good by now. The likes of DLS/Hertz/SPL-Dynamics etc etc...

Then you will need a little amp to power them. The JBL 75.2 is pretty good for that, at only £70.

With regards to sub and amp...

If you were to buy a JBL 14001 you would get 1500rms @ 2 ohms, so you need either 1 x dual 4 ohm sub, or 2 x dual 2 ohm subs.

Personally i think id go with 2 subs in a bog ported box.

Lets have a look!

2 of These JBL P1222's would sound very nice, and that is probably what i'd go for. Just look at the efficiency of them!

2 of these good old GTO's would be good in a sealed box.

1 of These would also give you a little bit of bass!

2 of these ported would be nice, but you'd have to run our amp at 4 ohms, cus you'd probably cook em!
Old 16th September 2008, 10:25   #74
webby
Established Member

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

hahaha the xxx. i would have to do the biggest window line box i have ever done to get it in a box big enough lol
Old 16th September 2008, 10:38   #75
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
hahaha the xxx. i would have to do the biggest window line box i have ever done to get it in a box big enough lol
Haha! That would be mega!

Strap 3 1201's together and you're away! Lol!

What do you wreckon to those JBL P1222's Webby? You ever heard them?
Old 16th September 2008, 12:32   #76
webby
Established Member

never heard them, im guessing they will be a similar sound to the gt4/5 but be able to take a bit more of a pounding. still like the gto series though a really good woofer.
Old 16th September 2008, 13:21   #77
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

A lad i know has got one of them, but its running off a "pyramid" amp, in a prefab sealed box.

It does boom, but obviously i cant give you a very accurate description of the sound cus its being strangled!!
Old 16th September 2008, 13:51   #78
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Right then, i like that amp for the comps.. ive found these two setos of comps. Which would you go for ? there both the same power rating and the same price
SPL Dynamics
or
Hertz

As for subs, im not too keen on those ones you shown me, isnt something like this better..
SPL Dynamics 10"
???

If theres a good sub for a good price and the jbl amp will be no good for it then, i will get a different amp to match the sub?
Old 16th September 2008, 14:36   #79
webby
Established Member

spl-d are cracking woofers. also the AA woofers are really good if you want a bit more power maybe look at the higher end AA stuff
Old 16th September 2008, 14:54   #80
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Would i need two of those SPL subs?