Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 28th March 2007, 20:28   #1
SaxoAlex
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): '07 zetec S
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
SaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of light
Default How do you remove the gear knob and pedals?

This sounds like a really simple question but i tried to unscrew the gear knob as i want to put a racing one on but couldnt??? What do i do? I also slid down the sleeve to see if there was a bolt holding it in but couldnt see one.

With the pedals, they have a rubber cover which i pulled off and it looked that the pedals are attached to the other thing (cant think of its name) the metal bar thing. What do i do to fit new pedals?

By the ways its an 03 saxo 1.1.

Cheers.
SaxoAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 20:31   #2
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

the gear knob just pulls off, but you will have to give it a real tugg!

to fit new pedals, you usually drill the old ones and screw them on!

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 20:57   #3
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

put the gear stick in a gear and pull really hard, mind your head as it suddenly comes off
Old 28th March 2007, 21:45   #4
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

the pedals are just rubbers on the brake and clutch one take them off trial fit the pedal were you want it to go use a dot puch to mark were to drill holes and get drilling, you will probablies go through a few drill bits as the pedals are tough

the gas pedal is just plastic put the pedal on and mark the holes then unclip by pulling it upwards aud slid to the left

drill it and attach the pedals but a allen bolt and nylon nut

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 22:26   #5
Qucifer666
Established Member
South West Region Member

Qucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant future

On the gear stick you will most likely have to cut the white plastic bit off which you will see when you have pulled the standard knob off.
Qucifer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 09:25   #6
SaxoAlex
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): '07 zetec S
SaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of light

What about the handbrake cover?
SaxoAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 10:14   #7
Qucifer666
Established Member
South West Region Member

Qucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant futureQucifer666 has a brilliant future

you just cut that off with a knife. i think you need to keep the end button tho, hope this helps.
Qucifer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 13:47   #8
AliMak
Frequent Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Scandal 1.0
AliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the rough

i will be doing this soon, the gear nob doesnt always come off with force, me and my mate had 2 cut his up with a stanley, and its just solid rubber, bit dangerous.
pedals are pretty simple, pull the rubber grips off and mark up holes and drill. keep in mind they have to be 50mm apart from each other and make sure the pedals woint catch on anything when there full pressed down
Old 3rd December 2007, 19:26   #9
chrismerron

chrismerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qucifer666 View Post
On the gear stick you will most likely have to cut the white plastic bit off which you will see when you have pulled the standard knob off.
does anyone know if this can be got off without actually having to cut it off??
chrismerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 14:58   #10
scassidy104
L-plater

Car(s): saxo furio
scassidy104 is on a distinguished road

i had to cut mine off but now i need the fitting for a gear knob i want. Any one know the name of the white sleeve? and where i can buy one?
scassidy104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 15:19   #11
stendog
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!

normally the aftermarket gear nobs come with plastic sleeves, they're all different sizes so you can use the one that fits tightest to your gear stick! atleast i got the plastic sleeves with my gear nob
stendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 19:54   #12
Marcos
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Transit connect
Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!

i pulled my gearstick realy hard when it was in 4th n it came off
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 19:55   #13
Marcos
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Transit connect
Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!Marcos is as cool as a cucumber!

as for pedals not a clue but evry1 else seems 2 no
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 16:52   #14
Andy72
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): 306 GTI-6
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Andy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud of

old thread but found it while searching for help on something. An old trick with Vauxhalls was to just unbolt the gear stick (just four bolts on the tunnel). Stick the gearknob upside down in very hot/boiling water for a 20 mins or so. Then try and pull it off. Should come off very easily.
Andy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 22:14   #15
deanie17

deanie17 is on a distinguished road

hiya all ive got the gear knob off and ive then got this white plastic underneath, When i put my new gear knob on its all loose. Is these anyway i can go around this without cutting this white plastic off or does anyone know how you can take it off without cutting it. Many thanks
deanie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 22:42   #16
dan_87
Regular Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): MK2 VTR
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
dan_87 will become famous soon enoughdan_87 will become famous soon enough

Just pull like fuck. But be carefull cause a bloke at work told about someone he knew who knocked both his front teeth out when it came off. Don't know if true or not but very funny.
dan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 14:46   #17
jmwilliams
Central South
Central South Region MemberNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Astra SXi CDTi
jmwilliams is on a distinguished road

I keep pulling and pulling and it wont come off, does it need to turn anti clockwise??
Old 31st December 2008, 14:53   #18
Anthony
Established Member

Car(s): Mk 1 Red VTR
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_87 View Post
Just pull like fuck. But be carefull cause a bloke at work told about someone he knew who knocked both his front teeth out when it came off. Don't know if true or not but very funny.
hahahaha.
Matt Black VTS Progress Thread sold
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 14:29   #19
ashley19

Car(s): 1.1EastCoast
ashley19 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy gear nob

iv been trying too pull my gear nob off and it wont come off , ita a v reg 1.1 east coeast any ideas???
ashley19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 21:37   #20
Piano
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTR
Piano is on a distinguished road

i'm having the same problem with this. I got the gearknob off but that white plastic bit is a real pain, any other gear knob i fit comes loose after a while because the plastic part comes to a point and that is where the screw tightens so its tightening against a slant. Is it ok to chop the fecker off somehow without damaging anything? what's best to use?
Piano is offline   Reply With Quote