Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 1st October 2008, 15:48   #21
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

neilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant future

maybe.. its a mechanical part so you can get a duff one of any make tbh.
Old 1st October 2008, 15:52   #22
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

yep every maxtor disc i have ever used has failed.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 16:00   #23
bluenotesmiley
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): White MkII VTS Black MkII VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bluenotesmiley can only hope to improve

I know there was an infamous bad batch of Maxtor drives a few years back which were failing left, right and centre but i was under the impression that since the buyout from Seagate, the Maxtor drives were almost technically identical on most of there models?
bluenotesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 16:11   #24
gd16
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): S/c VT!?
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud of

If you're buying 2 HDD and mirroring the image so you've got 2 backups - buy two different makes, or from two different places.

If you're unlucky enough to buy one with a defect, chances are that the rest of the batch made at the same time will also have this defect. And if you're buying two at the same time chances are they'll be from the same batch.

Don't want to suddenly go from thinking you've got 2 backups - to having none in the space of a few days.
gd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 16:14   #25
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

neilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenotesmiley View Post
I know there was an infamous bad batch of Maxtor drives a few years back which were failing left, right and centre but i was under the impression that since the buyout from Seagate, the Maxtor drives were almost technically identical on most of there models?
ive had 2 fail recently. maxtor was bought by seagate in 05 mainly for its patents. maxtor are now seagates budget brand sister co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd16 View Post
If you're buying 2 HDD and mirroring the image so you've got 2 backups - buy two different makes, or from two different places
agreed. the twin seagates are 1 of 3 backup images i take. although to have both fail at exactly the same time is just plain bad luck.. hehe
Old 2nd October 2008, 09:04   #26
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilandhisvtr View Post
give it time.. every single ever maxtor disk ive seen as developed a tick of death quicker than other makes. btw seagate and maxtor disks arent the same.
completely agree here with Neil. Every Maxtor drive I have ever owned has failed on me after at least 6months. They've never been any good IMO.

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:55   #27
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

Quick update on this offer and regarding no one wanting it..

Mates just bought the last 3 they had... took it apart to put in his caddy, hdd's are branded Seagates, but in a Median case (for those interested)
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote