Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 15th February 2009, 21:16   #1
Marky_C
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Zetec S TDCI
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Marky_C is on a distinguished road
Default Pc turns itself off

My Pc just keeps turning itself of whether im on the internet or on Footy Manager, it just decides to restart itself and then a microsoft message comes up sayin it has recovered from a serious error.
I am no good with comouters so have no idea what the problem/solution is.
Old 15th February 2009, 22:23   #2
Stickyjam
Established Member

Stickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to all

randomly? or after a bit of time in? could be time for a clean out... inside the pc...
Stickyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 22:33   #3
Coultas
Regular Poster

Coultas is on a distinguished road

Does it come up sometimes with a blue screen because thats not good like if ur just holding the power button in and not shutting it down properly it causes it to memory dump wich is bad just do wat i always do format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coultas View Post
Me and John epic photoshopers! FTW
Coultas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 22:53   #4
Stickyjam
Established Member

Stickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to all

if the hardwares old and on its way out a format wont do much good though will it
Old 15th February 2009, 22:56   #5
Bunje
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo vtr (2003)
Bunje is on a distinguished road

possibly overheating clean the inside out
Bunje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 22:59   #6
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Could be a virus or it could be overheating as someone said above, try a virus scan and just give a good old clean.
Craddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 23:02   #7
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Untick automatically restart in the system failure bit.

Next time, it won't reboot and will display the error message so you can figure out what's going on.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:24   #8
Stickyjam
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Untick automatically restart in the system failure bit.

Next time, it won't reboot and will display the error message so you can figure out what's going on.
which means write down the code and get on the google... or whack it in here if its doing it that regularly that you can get it quickly...
Old 16th February 2009, 00:47   #9
Woody91
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 306 D-Turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Woody91 will become famous soon enough

Sounds like overheating my moms laptop did it just get rid of the dust inside should work perfectly afterwards
Woody91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 00:55   #10
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Cupra 204bhp
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

Is it when you plug in something like a usb cable? if so the USB drives fucked, and shorting. Mine blown when connected my phone cable once, now turns it self off if i conect it... so i use the ports on the back
evans1089 is offline   Reply With Quote