Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 25th May 2007, 11:52   #1
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!
Default iPod Holder Guide

There really easy to make and can be made within a day easily, i did mine in 4hours from start to finish, theres a few people who have done them and they have turned out pretty good

1)Take out the gearstick console, lift the gaitor off by unclipping the surround and pulling it, remove the window switches, its best to use a small screwdriver to prise them out, remove the immobiliser keypad if you have one and disable it, lastly remove the torx screw at the back of the gearstick and now you should be able to take it out

2) You will now need to draw a basic template, tape a piece of paper over the coin tray and using the side of a pencil draw around the inside of the tray. once done cut it out (you can put it onto card to make it easier) you should now have something like this

3) Draw it onto some mdf dont cut it out yet though, take your ipod/phone mps player and draw around the bottom of it at an angle or however you want it, drill holes in the slot for ipod in each corner so you can get the jigsaw in, do this first then cut around the whole thing

4) Once done you can start sanding it and trial fitting the holder, you will have to angle the wood to match the coin tray, i used a powerfile to get most of it sanded down then took some sandpaper and then keps trial fitting it, you will also have to sand the ipod slot at an angle as you dont want it standing straight up

5) Once your happy with the fit you can start by making the brackets to hold the ipod in place, all they are are two blocks of wood made into an L shape, make sure you can still get the plug into place from headunit to ipod (if your using the headphone socket it doesnt really matter), the brackets are screwed in from the top of the holder, countersink the holes, its also an idea to use some spacers to get the ipod sitting right, i just used nuts

6)Last of all recover the holder with some material, its alls best to use dome on the brackets and inside of the slot to stop you ipod getting scratched, also you will have to make a slot in the coin tray to put the plug through for the ipod

And thats about it really, any questions just pm me

Heres a few examples/ideas

Mine

Jungle_Jim's (with switch)

Baz_Saxo's (with phone holder)

If your wanting to do a lie down one, jungle_jim has kindly done a explanation and a drawing

First make a rough cardboard template of the shape and cut it out on some mdf, the cut the ipod slot out, join a second piece of mdf to the back of it to form the base for the ipod to lie on, you will then need to sand the crap out of it to get a perfect fit as the front edge of the coin tray is angled.

between the two mdf layers drill a hole to allow the ipod to be plugged into a headphone jack.

then cover it

the ipods fits nice and snug and it has a groove on it where the white (or black) meets the silver allowing you to get it out

Last edited by Predator_R32; 26th June 2007 at 15:31.
Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Predator_R32 For This Useful Post:
Old 25th May 2007, 12:16   #2
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

nice guide as usual
The Following User Says Thank You to BENSAX3 For This Useful Post:
Old 25th May 2007, 12:21   #3
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Nice guides, where do you guys throw your change?

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 12:25   #4
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Nice guides, where do you guys throw your change?
pocket? ashtray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 12:29   #5
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_saxo View Post
pocket? ashtray?
Hmm saxo empties my pockets on2 the floor spose it could go in the ashtray, thats where my ipod normally goes though

Old 25th May 2007, 12:30   #6
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

just keep it in my pocket mate or just throw it in the glovebox, i never leave owt in there

Old 25th May 2007, 12:31   #7
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Hmm saxo empties my pockets on2 the floor spose it could go in the ashtray, thats where my ipod normally goes though
will be a good exchange then won't it ipod in coin tray coins in ashtray :d

Quote:
Old 25th May 2007, 12:32   #8
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
just keep it in my pocket mate or just throw it in the glovebox, i never leave owt in there
Dont have a glove box
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_saxo View Post
will be a good exchange then won't it ipod in coin tray coins in ashtray :d
Ur a smart man baz... maybe too smart for the likes of saxo-p

Old 25th May 2007, 12:33   #9
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Dont have a glove box

Ur a smart man baz... maybe too smart for the likes of saxo-p
ino maybe i should be out making inventions for the like of yous idiots

Quote:
Old 26th May 2007, 02:02   #10
Simonp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 207 HDi GT
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Simon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team member

Hmmmm might have a go?
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 01:32   #11
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

Car(s): westcoast
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

could you run a lead through the back of the astray so you could connect your ipod? so as its out of the way
saxo_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 01:51   #12
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

ashtray or coin tray??

Old 27th May 2007, 02:10   #13
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

ashtray
Old 27th May 2007, 09:00   #14
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

looking good mate, could make them and sell them on ebay ££££
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 10:43   #15
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

Great guide you have done there.The i-pod holders look good very neat.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 13:07   #16
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

ash tray you probablies could mate just drill a hole or a notch out and then put it in there then when you want it pull ashtray out and plug into ipod

Last edited by Predator_R32; 3rd September 2007 at 20:13.
Old 28th May 2007, 00:14   #17
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

i think i would do that if i ever get round to it. cos i dont smoke so...
Old 28th May 2007, 00:28   #18
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah ive actually seen someone put an nano in the ashtray like the whole thing lol

Old 3rd September 2007, 09:26   #19
p-nut
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mk1 vts
p-nut will become famous soon enoughp-nut will become famous soon enough

sorry to drag this up again, but just out of interest, what does the switch control Jungle_Jim??
p-nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 20:14   #20
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

it switches the volt gauge on and off as he didnt want it on whilst driving, this way he can just flick the switch to turn it on to check the voltage and then turn it off

The Following User Says Thank You to Predator_R32 For This Useful Post: