Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 20th March 2009, 19:25   #1
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Chicken

Went to the Zoo today got loads of pics but liked the one below. Its a shame it flapped off after this pic was taken i took this whilst waiting for it to look my way. Maybe i need to work on my chicken impressions, lol

what could i have done to make it better? (note ive managed to figure out how to add border and watermark,lol)

Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 19:26   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I like the stance, shame the lil fucker looked away
Old 20th March 2009, 20:11   #3
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): clio 172 exclusive track toy
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

my chicken from a few months ago in the snow ,but they all taste the same

Old 20th March 2009, 20:24   #4
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

is that not a cock?
Old 20th March 2009, 20:29   #5
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

LOL at going a zoo and having your best photo of a chicken

It's a good photo though at that, as said shame it isn't looking!
MrHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 20:47   #6
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
Went to the Zoo today got loads of pics but liked the one below. Its a shame it flapped off after this pic was taken i took this whilst waiting for it to look my way. Maybe i need to work on my chicken impressions, lol

what could i have done to make it better? (note ive managed to figure out how to add border and watermark,lol)

hahah... having fun with the camera mark!?

I've just had a look at your settings which are:
# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/13 second = 0.07692 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 16/1 = F16
# Exposure Program = shutter priority (4)
# ISO Speed Ratings = 200
# Focal Length = 43/1 mm = 43 mm

First of all your shutter speed is pretty low! (1/13second), although you've done bloody well to keep it sharp!
If you're wanting to capture moving subjects like animals and minimise your own natural tendency to shake the camera slightly when you take a shot you want to have that shutter speed much higher if you can (like 1/100 - 1/200 or higher if you can) that'll make the image much clearer.

F/16 again is very high... if you'd increased the shutter speed this number will have dropped meaning that your background becomes more blurred - making the subject (chicken) 'pop out' in the photo.

Rest is ok... although if you can try to stick is ISO100 (this means the image is less grainy) although ISO200 is perfectly fine

Top shizzzleeeee
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 20:50   #7
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywiddss1 View Post
my chicken from a few months ago in the snow ,but they all taste the same

Quote:
is that not a cock?
I believe it's a photo of a chicken and not Ryan actually mark...
Old 20th March 2009, 20:54   #8
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
I believe it's a photo of a chicken and not Ryan actually mark...
I was going to make a cock joke but i didnt.

Remind me to bring that post up next time you want help on the car
Old 20th March 2009, 22:25   #9
Joe3490
Frequent Poster
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.4 furio 2001
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Joe3490 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Looks like it has no face haha, good shot mate very clear, what camera?
Joe3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 09:37   #10
Mark51p
Super Moderator

ads, how did you find out what settings i used?
Old 21st March 2009, 11:30   #11
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Unless the person who created the photo specifys otherwise, each jpg contains data about the settings that were used during the shot. It's known as the EXIF. If you go on to one of your pics on your home computer, right click and select properties, then hit the details tab - it'll show you all the settings you used when you took the pic. However to do it with Internet pics you need to add a plugin to the browser you're using.
If you're using Firefox then type into google something like 'Firefox plugin exif' and should come up with a list of programs you can use. Then all you do is when you see a pic o the Internet, you right click and select 'view exif' or something like that.
All my pics on here contain the exif so you can try it on those