Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 22nd May 2011, 13:08   #21
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

You got a pair of chinos yet Bound dude?
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:12   #22
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 8 Valve 'R.
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Bound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post
You got a pair of chinos yet Bound dude?
Ah nah man I didn't even know what they were (had to google).

I did have a phase of skinny jean wearing years ago (we all did?!).. Way past that now.. My sack needs to breathe.

Can I interest you in my lumberjack/plimsoll combo?!
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:28   #23
Newtz07
Established Member

Car(s): Mk4 Fezzy, Mango Westie, Fezzy Zetec y0!, Saxo VTR
Newtz07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound View Post
Ah nah man I didn't even know what they were (had to google).

I did have a phase of skinny jean wearing years ago (we all did?!).. Way past that now.. My sack needs to breathe.

Can I interest you in my lumberjack/plimsoll combo?!
i can say i NEVER went through a skinny jeans phase

that doesnt go on round these parts
Newtz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:32   #24
VTHall
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black corsa c SXI.
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VTHall is on a distinguished road

the cheapest way is to buy it off a guy called tom wyne...
Facepalm
VTHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:51   #25
04jtb
Regular Poster

Car(s): 205 GRDT
04jtb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrytool View Post
something in the News Of The World today about the release of a 4gs or something, to give them time to Finnish the iPhone 5, my contract will be up soon I have the 32gb 3GS for two years, I'll wait for the iPhone 5, don't see why anyone would want the in-between 4gs!!!! I may even go HTC I'm fed up with not having ring tones and msg tones to choose, without a load of mucking about! being locked into apple world is frustrating to say the least!
http://www.ehow.com/how_2160460_cust...ones-free.html
04jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:28   #26
LeeM
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Black Corsa C SRi
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
LeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to behold

nobody will know whether an iphone 4s, 5, or anything will be out or when it will be released until the day they confirm it themselves. theyre very good at disinformation and stirring up interest.
dates like september and october being thrown will be bollocks. the last 4 iphones have come out in june/july so i'll stick with that
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:29   #27
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Agree.

Get one of these imo;

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phon...2rT!1262024335

Sure you won't be in with the cool kids, it's 1/5th of the price and only marginally 'worse' than the iphone (talking camera and that's pretty much it). The iphone is a piece of shit, avoid at all costs.

You'll also save £400, have no contract, and not be retarded. .
I have nothing against android as an OS, and wouldnt mind one for my next phone, but you must be on crack if you think the Orange SF is only "marginally 'worse'" than the iphone lol. If you look at the technical specs it is hugely lower quality then the iphone 4. (Although for the price you wont get better ofcourse.)
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:33   #28
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!

MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

I couldnt even wear skinny jeans if i wanted too.. 18" chalfs and 28" thighs are not the legs for anything "fitted"

I have been known to don a pair of plimps my self, got about a dozen pairs of fred perrys ones
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:04   #29
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
I have nothing against android as an OS, and wouldnt mind one for my next phone, but you must be on crack if you think the Orange SF is only "marginally 'worse'" than the iphone lol. If you look at the technical specs it is hugely lower quality then the iphone 4. (Although for the price you wont get better ofcourse.)
Meh, it isn't as good, maybe I was a bit over zealous to say it matches the iphone. I won't argue it is as I was wrong to say that . However seeing as the iphone costs 5x as much.. I think it's a very strong argument to say its not 5x better, but I maintain the OS, functionality and customisation of andrioid (including on the orange SF/ZTE Blade) are light years ahead, and for such a cheap phone you can't do better at this price point (I paid Uhh, £79.99 for it like 3 days ago)

A more accurate assertion would of been "there are much better phones than the iphone" e.g. any of the top end phones from other manufactures (HTC) for example.
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:05   #30
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtz07 View Post
i can say i NEVER went through a skinny jeans phase

that doesnt go on round these parts
Heh, dude.. Give me a break.. I'm talking when I was like 14/15..
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:11   #31
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
Meh, it isn't as good, maybe I was a bit over zealous to say it matches the iphone. I won't argue it is as I was wrong to say that . However seeing as the iphone costs 5x as much.. I think it's a very strong argument to say its not 5x better, but I maintain the OS, functionality and customisation of andrioid (including on the orange SF/ZTE Blade) are light years ahead, and for such a cheap phone you can't do better at this price point (I paid Uhh, £79.99 for it like 3 days ago)

A more accurate assertion would of been "there are much better phones than the iphone" e.g. any of the top end phones from other manufactures (HTC) for example.
Saw that offer, 79.99, but you have to buy a 20pound top up? or can you get it without the top up?

I cant say i agree with you that the OS is more customisable, but then it still has to be rooted. Functionality wise they are very much the same (albeit with some of the iOS apps needing a jailbreak. But I still think the fragmented nature of android holds it back alot.
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:13   #32
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!

Yer it's not bounds fault he has no dress sence he was just born that way
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:15   #33
Bound
Saxperience Post Whore

Yeah you catch it on hotukdeals?

Well the deal was if you were an existing orange PAYG customer.. I dug out my 3510 i hadn't used in literally 10 years and cheekily rang them . But in the end (because I hadn't topped up in 10 years so wasn't eligible ).. I paid £79.99 for the phone and £10 payg top up sim.. as well as signing up to a £15 30 day rolling contract.. But I can move the £10 payg sim credit to credit that against the first month, ergo paying a fiver for the first month and canceling it.. So £85.99 total. Which I guess beats the current website price of £109.99 + £20 top up (mandatory).
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:29   #34
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
Yeah you catch it on hotukdeals?

Well the deal was if you were an existing orange PAYG customer.. I dug out my 3510 i hadn't used in literally 10 years and cheekily rang them . But in the end (because I hadn't topped up in 10 years so wasn't eligible ).. I paid £79.99 for the phone and £10 payg top up sim.. as well as signing up to a £15 30 day rolling contract.. But I can move the £10 payg sim credit to credit that against the first month, ergo paying a fiver for the first month and canceling it.. So £85.99 total. Which I guess beats the current website price of £109.99 + £20 top up (mandatory).
Yeah probably hotukdeals!

Hmm, I have an old orange phone somewhere, but think i destroyed the sim card. Tempted to buy one just so i can try out some of the apps i have developed during uni, rather then just having them on a computer screen! Still 10pounds aint too much bother. Will save me trying to root it and use my o2 sim with it.
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:31   #35
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Im waiting for the iPhone 5 and despite the last coming out around june/july most tech blogs are expecting the release to be around September partially down to the late release of the CDMA Black iPhone, GSM White iPhone and the CDMA White iPhone plus the supply problems with the iPad 2 and the explosion at a Foxconn factory yesterday probably wont help.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote