Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 24th July 2006, 21:03   #1
daveg_vtr
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): corsa sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
daveg_vtr is a jewel in the roughdaveg_vtr is a jewel in the roughdaveg_vtr is a jewel in the rough
Default buffers

are they worth it. an is it better to do by hand or buffer?
daveg_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 21:21   #2
ChrisJ
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo furio
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
ChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to behold

Buffers are very good, you can get a great finish using them providing you get the right one, and you know how to use them. Can be deadly in the wrong hands.
Old 25th July 2006, 21:31   #3
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

Dual action machine polishers like the Porter Cable 7424 are awesome tools, and the finish you can get with them far exceeds that which can be achieved by hand. They are without doubt an essential bit of kit for any enthusiast in my opinion - I could not do what I do without mine. Rotary machine polishers on the other hand are professional tools that can give even better results, but can equally remove too much paint very quickly. I advise enthusiasts to steep clear of rotaries, and go down the Porter Cable route - much safer, and still superb results.