Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 30th December 2006, 14:39   #1
Banger_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): voiture tres rapide, deux ton
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Banger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud of
Default clay bar

hey all, just got a clay bar n had a quick go wit it gona have a go at doin all the car over the weekend, anyone got any tips when using one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
Your knob must be HUGE! Pm me
Banger_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 14:41   #2
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

just clay a bit at a time like a square foot of it, and keep it lubed up, have a look at the polished bliss guides at the top of the car care section

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 14:42   #3
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

make sure you use some luberication (sp), try and keep the clay bar clean by working it in your hands. work it in your hands often and it keeps it warm and cleans it
also have a look at this - CLICK ME
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 14:47   #4
Banger_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum

Banger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud ofBanger_VTR has much to be proud of

thanks lads (1000th post whooooo), what i did with it 2day came up great didnt think the clay bar wud do so much as it has

Quote:
Old 30th December 2006, 14:48   #5
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

In this weather your prob best to warrm it up in some warm water first! Definately keep it lubricated and good luck dude, once you get the hang of it its pretty simple.

By the way, you don't really need to use the whole bar, if you have say the meg's one then you could get away with using a third of it. Also, don't forget about your wheels
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 14:53   #6
Banger_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum

what clay the hweels??? yeah i got the meg's one and i just warmed it up in my hand but workin it for a while, n i didnt use all of it. is the best way to store it in sum cleanfilm?

Quote:
Old 30th December 2006, 14:57   #7
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

if you use it on your wheels it take all of the contaminats off, yeah cling film is fine mate thats what i used for mine.

you need to wax or polish it after you have clay bar'd it to act as a sealent and protection

*cough*
Old 30th December 2006, 15:39   #8
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah,make sure you polish it as sometimes it can take of the layer of sealant that will prob be on it, not sure if the megs one is tough enough to do it but it will look better with a nice coating of wax/sealant lol
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 16:56   #9
Mark51p
Super Moderator

dont think that the megs one is tough enough on Citroen paint but does look alot better and it is safer to have a protectant layer
Old 30th December 2006, 17:05   #10
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

good wash
clay bar (break into 3 parts, warm in warm water, do 1 pannel at a time, use plenty of lube, take your time)
good wash
good dry
polish
sealent and wax

i have
1 bit of clay for my wheels
1 for bottom half of car
1 for top half

mines in cling film when not being used

i normally clay car about every 6 months you probley wont even need todo it that much

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 17:23   #11
Banger_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum

mine gets well messy of the farm like, so twice a year is what i should be doin it, yeah ima giv it the whole car a wax when its all clay bared. good idea hess bout breakin it up for different sections of the car, cheers

Quote:
Old 30th December 2006, 19:10   #12
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

clay bar gets rid of all the contamients from the paint work (chemicals from bird crap, industrial fall, tar)

i wouldnt of thought mud would be to bad as long as its washed regulary

id get a good wax and use that on about every month to keep it toped up

no need to polish all the time either

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 19:45   #13
Banger_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum

i use the meg'd deep crystal wax more aless every month, its had to get time in the summer, wit the farm n all, but i dioes get washed regualy. cheers for the advice lads

Quote: