Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 10th January 2008, 17:56   #121
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcook View Post
found it, thats what i got from mech for the installation of the omex

mech motorsport in cheltenham got back to me with a porice for fitting the omex, its £600 for the ecu wiring and connects + vat, £360 to wire in +vat, 300+vat to map it
Nice one Sammy boy! Will be interesting to see what Matty comes back with also. This is much cheaper than GMC I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 18:05   #122
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 197 cup
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Nice one Sammy boy! Will be interesting to see what Matty comes back with also. This is much cheaper than GMC I think.
cheaper than GMC but more expensive than DD
Old 10th January 2008, 18:06   #123
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

its mad how complicated it is to find the cheapest price for a standalone setup.

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 18:12   #124
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcook View Post
cheaper than GMC but more expensive than DD
But will the mapping be any good?

At the end of the day its how it drives and idles which matters most - to me anyway,

Hence why i went with gmc as they know how to get a supercharged 300bhp beast to drive well, let alone a 170bhp na engine (yes i know boosted has more torque, supercharged is linear blah blah)

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 18:21   #125
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

I agree JP. We certainly haven't any evidence to prove that Dave at MM is not so hot at mapping. Tricky one... Neil Garner who did they head work for me, couldn't recommend them enough. Considering Neil's spent many years in F1, I'd hope that his judgement was good. I would be willing to let MM do the work on my car.

I'm in a bit of a hurry to get this work done ASAP for reasons you know JP. I'm sure even if the map wasn't super duper, it would at least be much better than what I'm currently at.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 20:00   #126
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Silver VTR & Gunmetal Grey VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Matty-VTR has a spectacular aura aboutMatty-VTR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I agree JP. We certainly haven't any evidence to prove that Dave at MM is not so hot at mapping. Tricky one... Neil Garner who did they head work for me, couldn't recommend them enough. Considering Neil's spent many years in F1, I'd hope that his judgement was good. I would be willing to let MM do the work on my car.

I'm in a bit of a hurry to get this work done ASAP for reasons you know JP. I'm sure even if the map wasn't super duper, it would at least be much better than what I'm currently at.
Never had a bad word said about the mapping quality at Mech Motorsport - I think that says it all. Drivability, responsiveness etc are the main priorities. MM has had work passed onto them from the likes of Dave walker and powerstation because the customer wasn't happy with the mapping/power.

Does Neil have the BMW M3 24hour race cars? Think hes the bloke with them. Neil knows his stuff and i'd think his judgement is spot on mate.
Best to ring MM for up to date quotes. The boss who does all the fitting wasn't there earlier so i couldnt ask. Just seen they recently fitted an OMEX 710 & loom to an RS500 cossie which looks pretty good
Matty-VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 20:11   #127
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quality mate.

Yeah, Neil does have an M3 racer. He uses your old man for the mapping.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 20:17   #128
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Quality mate.

Yeah, Neil does have an M3 racer. He uses your old man for the mapping.
Thought so..that thing goes well i seen it at Silverstone.
MM arnt open tommorow as they are at the Autosport show, but looking at those quotes i'd say to get them up to date.
You looked into bike bodies? My old man just did a 2.0 16v zetec with JUST bike bodies and an omex 600 nothing else - 170bhp+ I would of thought they would be pretty cheap and plenty adequate (Spelling?) for your 1600. As i said earlier it would be a right little screamer
Old 10th January 2008, 20:25   #129
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Bike bodies haven't proved that popular with Saxos.

I've got my heart set on the KMS DTH bodies.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2008, 20:31   #130
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Popular - What do you mean? Don't perform well? What sort of power were they producing?
Old 10th January 2008, 20:57   #131
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

kms ftw

ive used both systems the kms and the omex and they are both very good but now ive swayed towards the kms because now ive got used to it its so easy to use
Old 10th January 2008, 21:09   #132
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
kms ftw

ive used both systems the kms and the omex and they are both very good but now ive swayed towards the kms because now ive got used to it its so easy to use
It doesn't matter if it's user friendly or not for most people...there not mapping it themselves are they.
Did you map yours then?
Old 11th January 2008, 00:35   #133
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty-VTR View Post
Popular - What do you mean? Don't perform well? What sort of power were they producing?
I've never seen anyone show their results mate.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11th January 2008, 22:34   #134
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty-VTR View Post
It doesn't matter if it's user friendly or not for most people...there not mapping it themselves are they.
Did you map yours then?
its not my car they are westfields nd ive been doing a bit of developement.
i got it somewhere close the it was sent to out rr tuners.
Old 11th January 2008, 22:39   #135
Matty-VTR
Frequent Poster

So you did the base maps then?
Old 11th January 2008, 22:49   #136
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

as it was the first time we used the system we had a duratec base map supplied by kms and the used its wideband lambda properties to get it revving clenly without hesitance or misfires and make sure it wasnt close to "detonation" and when we were satisfied we took it for a final mapping.

that was temporary due to kms not knowing the type of exhaust system and induction being used, now that we have sent all the performance goods to kms they have set it up and mapped it proplerly on their engine dyno