Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 28th February 2009, 11:24   #121
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 38 (100%)
swampy is on a distinguished road

ive had this done on my 306 s16!!!

had all FIVE of the butterflies in the inlet tract done
knife edged
spindle cut down(both of them)
all burr and casting marks removed

combined with a group a decat and ptfe inlet gasket the differance is very noticable.
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 23:57   #122
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

No ones going to feel a <3hp difference on a 1 ton car.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 23:59   #123
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
ive had this done on my 306 s16!!!

had all FIVE of the butterflies in the inlet tract done
5 butterflys????

It only uses a single throttle body.
Old 1st March 2009, 00:01   #124
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

with a split inlet manifold, short and long runners.

Dont think anyone would believe me if I said that flow benching a tb with the butterfly spindle chafed down would show near identical results to a standard one eh.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 1st March 2009, 00:12   #125
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Dont think anyone would believe me if I said that flow benching a tb with the butterfly spindle chafed down would show near identical results to a standard one eh.
Stands back opens popcorn.
Old 25th March 2009, 10:55   #126
osiris1973

Car(s): saxo vtr mk1
osiris1973 is on a distinguished road

hi there i am looking to port and polish my throttle body on saxo vtr, i have seen the pic on here is there any dimensions you can send me ??? if not could you please give me a ring about the service justin 07780922320 thanks
osiris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 12:40   #127
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
with a split inlet manifold, short and long runners.

but you can FEEL the difference
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 12:44   #128
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsvts View Post
but you can FEEL the difference
*sniggers*

I hear Ross Brawn has released why they are doing well in practice this year, they dremeled last years TB for extra power
Old 25th March 2009, 21:07   #129
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 257bhp Ibiza Cupra Turbo
iTrader Score: 16 (94%)
spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold

come on guys, really how old are you?
I cant beleive your still taking the time to write messages, slating it when you havnt tried it! its not just bhp difference your feeling its the added throttle response, the car revving more freely and the better pull.

yer, yer, yer, you can go on about your dremmel this, dremmel that and shout out your theories etc but you cant really say it does nothing unless you try it! everyone that has bought one off me has been more than pleased with the item. and thats all that matters to me!

im not calling anyone or aiming to provoke a reaction i just dont think its right slating something unless you have tried it your self!
Old 25th March 2009, 22:39   #130
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
iv told you. contact notorious_CAT
would rather do my own tests to ensure like-for-like tests.

If you are confident that they work send one to me and I'll do the testing to prove it for nothing. You can even have the TB back after

all the performance benefits will be seen on a RR graph
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 22:43   #131
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

They really do work, throttle response is really noticable. Just try it.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 08:13   #132
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 257bhp Ibiza Cupra Turbo
iTrader Score: 16 (94%)
spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
would rather do my own tests to ensure like-for-like tests.

If you are confident that they work send one to me and I'll do the testing to prove it for nothing. You can even have the TB back after

all the performance benefits will be seen on a RR graph
ill see if i can get a spare sorted then mate. ill pm you when i have one. when you do it though. try a back to back driving test then try the back to back rr tests
Old 26th March 2009, 08:44   #133
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
ill see if i can get a spare sorted then mate. ill pm you when i have one. when you do it though. try a back to back driving test then try the back to back rr tests
no problem I would do both to see how it feels as well as gettting a nice graphic to wave
Old 6th April 2009, 23:03   #134
lcheater
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1999 Saxo VTS 2008 Vectra 2.8 V6 Turbo 1987 Rang
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
lcheater is on a distinguished road

Well, i have been waiting over a week now for my TB to be returned. I haven't had much contact with him since he received my TB's (yes, i sent him 2 VTS TB's, one for him to keep as a spare for an exchange for quicker turnarounds, and one he is meant to be sending back to me).

I hope i get my TB back soon as i don't really fancy a trip up to retrieve it myself!
Old 6th April 2009, 23:05   #135
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Kam, you done the Dyno with and without yet?
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 23:11   #136
jamiemol
Frequent Poster

Car(s): maritius vts
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
jamiemol has a spectacular aura aboutjamiemol has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheater View Post
Well, i have been waiting over a week now for my TB to be returned. I haven't had much contact with him since he received my TB's (yes, i sent him 2 VTS TB's, one for him to keep as a spare for an exchange for quicker turnarounds, and one he is meant to be sending back to me).

I hope i get my TB back soon as i don't really fancy a trip up to retrieve it myself!
yeah same here was promised it on the staurday latest monday quick enough to reply to me paying for the tb but several pm's later nothing back been well over a week aswell
jamiemol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 08:45   #137
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post
Kam, you done the Dyno with and without yet?
he needs a TB first, i ahve a spare vts throttle body but it just a standard 1.
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 15:51   #138
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

as of yet we have nothing to test
Old 7th April 2009, 16:07   #139
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Might port n polish my exhaust tip aswell.

Il do a rolling road to show the difference.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:03   #140
Dale_H_vtr
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr mk2 2003
Dale_H_vtr is on a distinguished road

so is this really worth getting done?? and if i did want it done wot would i have to do??
Dale_H_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote