Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 24th July 2006, 11:15   #1
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Polishing and Waxing of wheels???

Here's one for you cleaning people.

I was looking at some wheels painted by some of the yorkshire group yesterday which got me thinking.

Can you use the same products that you would apply to your bodywork as you could to your wheels???

Would the products used produce a mega shine or is there a possiblity of a nasty reaction between the chemicals and the alloy?

Ad
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 11:19   #2
droopster
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS all the way baby.
droopster has a spectacular aura aboutdroopster has a spectacular aura about

Waiting for polish bliss to give the answer. Good question never really thought about that.
droopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 11:33   #3
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

Yes, you can... BUT most normal waxes cannot withstand really high temps, so using your normal wax on your wheels will make them look nice, but the finish won't last for long, particularly if you thrash a lot and generate a lot of wheel heat. Products like Poorboy's Wheel Sealant are designed to withstand heat, and thus last a lot longer whilst looking as good as any normal wax. You can also use clay bars and many polishes to good effect on wheels, for removing stubborn brake dust and the like. However, if you treat wheels well from new, all you ever need to use is a wheel sealant and normal suds. This is a real benefit, as the use of aggressive wheel cleaners can quickly damage alloys. This is because the alloy is usually painted with the same paint system as that found on the bodywork. Aggressive cleaners eat away at the paint, and once this layer is compromised the alloy is exposed and corrosion sets in. When deciding whether to use a wheel cleaner on not, the simple question to ask yourself is "Would I be happy spraying this on my bodywork?" - if the answer is no, don't use it! A more in depth discussion on wheel care can be found on the following link...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...es_wheels.html

Old 24th July 2006, 11:59   #4
gelo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Furio
gelo is on a distinguished road

some nice points raised there m8
Old 24th July 2006, 12:09   #5
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 4th Impreza of the year - 391bhp - Audi S4 Avant,
Connor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team member

I agree..... Hmmm i defo buying some of this poorboys stuff.... Gf can treat me :-)
Old 24th July 2006, 12:11   #6
gelo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Furio
gelo is on a distinguished road

lol yeh im ready to go mental on a load of cleaning gear when i get money next. no gf to buy me any lol...oh well theres always the saxo fro TLC...
Old 24th July 2006, 12:11   #7
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

whos wheels was you looking at

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 14:17   #8
mattwesty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

mattwesty is a name known to allmattwesty is a name known to allmattwesty is a name known to allmattwesty is a name known to allmattwesty is a name known to allmattwesty is a name known to all

mine
Old 24th July 2006, 14:18   #9
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

was going to say mine need doing again so do landys before i get a coment about my spray work

my for sale ad
Old 24th July 2006, 14:28   #10
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

**cough**

just kidding
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 14:31   #11
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

well you was happy with your free re furb wasnt you

my for sale ad
Old 24th July 2006, 15:08   #12
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

yes i was on but i was on about the recent spraying of my wheels
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 15:58   #13
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

I was looking at Landys, Leckies and Mattwestys.

just so you know
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 10:28   #14
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

well i did 1 set out of the 3 then

the blue colour might catch on

my for sale ad