Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 16th December 2007, 21:46   #1
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of
Default My supercharged VTS - car is home .. Full spec list p23

Thought i'd get a progress thread up as I found some old photo's of my car.

It started as a '99 V reg MK1 VTS in Rouge Vittal (persian red), a limited edition colour. It looks similar to wicked red, but a bit lighter and has a slight pinky tinge to it. I bought it totally standard with 16,000 miles on it.

As soon as I got it, I carried out a couple of small mods such as the mesh grille and lexus lights (poor choise now I know but this was about 5 years ago before they were so popular)

A few more small mods crept onto the car over time, including the meshed front bumper, a full magnex exhaust and de-cat, tinted windows, front and rear light brows and also Seat Ibiza splitters on both the front and rear bumpers. The car was lowered by 60mm all round on G-max shocks and springs. I also fitted some 15" alloys, which I picked up for a bargain £60!!

Last edited by Andy_K; 14th August 2011 at 15:35. Reason: Updating thread title
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 23:33   #2
teebag
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1997 R Reg MK1 VT1.0 saxo
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
teebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to behold

mate i'm liking the seat ibiza splitters..... are they the same splitter? i think i might put some on my car lol. wheres best to get them from and how much they costing?
Old 16th December 2007, 23:38   #3
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

preferred the VTS wheels on your motor mate.
Black mesh would look better also
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:21   #4
Hopcraft
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): ED30
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Hopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team member

long time to have a saxo for, prefer the vts rims tho.
Hopcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:22   #5
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

saxo is looking good mate love the colour

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:25   #6
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Car looks well m8! very nice
Old 17th December 2007, 15:26   #7
motobruce
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
motobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to beholdmotobruce is a splendid one to behold

Definatly prefer it with the s wheels also.
motobruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 22:29   #8
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebag View Post
mate i'm liking the seat ibiza splitters..... are they the same splitter? i think i might put some on my car lol. wheres best to get them from and how much they costing?
Yeah same one front and rear. Got them direct from Seat for about £18 a piece iirc.

Yeah I prefered (sp) the vts wheels too, but the Masitaly ones didnt last long.
Old 17th December 2007, 22:38   #9
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

The car was a little low on the 15's, and the wheels looked a little small for my liking. My next purchase was therefore a set of 16" Matrix Torques. I really liked the look of these wheels - they look bigger than they really are and really suit the car imo.

Old 17th December 2007, 22:59   #10
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

The car stayed as above for around a year, and then a few more mods came along.

I got some SPA race mirrors from Demon Tweeks. These were designed to fit a single seater race car, and so were a little fiddly to fit. I bought some universal M3 mirror base plates and smoothed them in after bolting the mirror legs to them. After that, they were painted and fitted by me!

Soon after, a new bonnet followed. A lad off one of the forums had written his saxo off and split the remains. i managed to get hold of this 1 off bonnet. Its fully made from steel, and is extended and rolled over the lights. I've never seen another one like it before. I was told Davlyn's body shop (Melton Mowbray I think) made it at a cost of around £600!! It has also had two sets of vents pressed into it by Cool Louvres.

I got it the day before one of the Southport bank holiday meets, and didn't have time to get it painted properly, so I used matt black and painted in my garage overnight using rattle cans before fitting it and showing the car the following day. It looked pretty good and so it stayed black for a while.

Old 17th December 2007, 23:15   #11
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!

Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

not a fan of the lexus lights or 16v badge on the back, think smoked lights would look loads better if you like them that is all what matters

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Old 17th December 2007, 23:27   #12
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Didn't mind the lexus lights at the time as no one else round here had that style - different story now!
16v badge fell off the side and was stuck on the back to hide a dint that someone put in the boot with a trolley whilst I was at work I knew that I was eventuallly going to have the boot smoothed, so I didn't see the point in having the dint fixed.

Last edited by Andy_K; 17th December 2007 at 23:36.
Old 17th December 2007, 23:45   #13
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
Didn't mind the lexus lights at the time as no one else round here had that style - different story now!
16v badge fell off the side and was stuck on the back to hide a dint that someone put in the boot with a trolley whilst I was at work I knew that I was eventuallly going to have the boot smoothed, so I didn't see the point in having the dint fixed.
ah cool do you have any more pictures and updates of what your saxo looks like now?

Old 17th December 2007, 23:56   #14
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Certainly do mate! Watch this space.....
LOL
Old 20th December 2007, 22:36   #15
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Next up was a new rear bumper. I wanted something a little different, so decided to keep the standard bumper/Ibiza splitter combo, but to smooth the splitter in. I did a lot of the work myself:

Then it was sent to a local body shop for finishing and painting and then back to me for fitting:

Old 20th December 2007, 22:45   #16
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Then I went for a new exhaust. A new 2.5" system was fitted which split at the rear of the car into two Magnex 6x4" oval backboxes. I kept the md silencer on the system as I didn't want the exhaust to be too loud as the car was still driven daily. As it turned out, it sounded really nice!!

Old 20th December 2007, 22:57   #17
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

The car stayed like this for a while after this, whilst I started collecting various other parts. The interior was still relatively standard at this point as was the engine. I also managed to get a second car to use for work. However this got written off eventually, and I had to go back to using the VTS. It started picking up various scrapes and cracks in the bumper

Managed to get a few random work pictures during a day out in South Wales

Old 20th December 2007, 23:03   #18
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

Have to admit I'm not a fan to be honest. Standard bumpers are far nicer, too much mesh on the aftermarket one.
Old 20th December 2007, 23:33   #19
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

i prefer the standard bumpers man
n them seat ibiza spliters looked mint
do they fit straight on or did u av 2 cut am a bit?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 01:04   #20
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Racing Bronze Mazda MX-5
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

imo i think black mesh on the front would look better, would also tie in with the bonnet, which i personally quite like.

not too keen on the rear tho.

but some good hard work you've put in, so fait play and each to there own too.