Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 16th May 2010, 18:33   #1
javalencia
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2003 Mk2 VTS
javalencia is on a distinguished road
Default Maximuscle etc

Me and my girlfriend have been going to the gym for the past month and are following a good diet. We're going on holiday in a month so trying to get in shape but it will be a long term commitment! Was just wondering do products such as maximuscle really help in toning and slimming and what the pro's and con's are really as I don't have much knowledge in this type of thing.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
javalencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 20:17   #2
Powellyboi
Established Member

Car(s): www.thatpanelbeater.co.uk
Powellyboi is on a distinguished road

simple answer is no - No suppliments work if you dont put in the hard work down the gym. Maximuscle do a range of protein shakes which is what your muscles need to recover after a good workout.

If you have just started the gym a month before your holiday you might have well have not gone at all as you will not see any noticable changes to your body after that amount of time..

What is your goal?? to tone up, bulk up, slim down ect ect???
Powellyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 20:37   #3
javalencia
Infrequent Poster

Well, the aim is to tone up and then build from there. As I said, this will be a long term thing but we want to start as well as possible mate
Old 16th May 2010, 20:57   #4
Powellyboi
Established Member

Car(s): www.thatpanelbeater.co.uk
Powellyboi is on a distinguished road

okay great. look into protein shakes, good nutrition, workouts and stick with it..
Powellyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 22:44   #5
javalencia
Infrequent Poster

They just seem expensive and was wondering do they justify the price. I''l try them combined with a good diet and fitness regime then, thanks
Old 16th May 2010, 23:48   #6
vtrchris64
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Cup
vtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to beholdvtrchris64 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by javalencia View Post
They just seem expensive and was wondering do they justify the price. I''l try them combined with a good diet and fitness regime then, thanks
No they don't justify the price, they are good products but way way overpriced!!
I would sort yourself a good diet first then perhaps add supplements later down the line.

Give myprotein a try if you want good supplements at good prices. www.myprotein.co.uk
vtrchris64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 17:31   #7
JdashC90
L-plater

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1 SX
JdashC90 is on a distinguished road

If you don't want to splash out on protien shakes, just get the real thing, eat plenty of fish, eggs, chicken etc.
JdashC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 15:20   #8
carl
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): 1996 Citroen Saxo 1.1i, 1999 Citroen Saxo VTR
carl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by javalencia View Post
Never buy Maximuscle as they are over priced as you've realised. Head over to www.myprotein.co.uk (have a 5% off code on my signature) the simple Impact Whey Powder will benefit you and your girlfriend and a bag lasts months. Whey protein Is proven to help build muscle and aid fat loss If consumed along side a good diet.

If your wanting to tone up I suggest you get most your carbohydrates from green vegetables over the most common rice, pasta ect but don't completely remove these from your diet.