Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 10th December 2009, 23:19   #1
admad
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MR2 Turbo, impreza sti
admad is on a distinguished road
Default cutting help

right been bulking up lately and wanna slowly cut off my fat gain in the next few months or how ever long it takes.

I want to keep as much of the muscle ive gained as i can, im just not sure on how much carbs to eat and when ive lost alot of muscle cutting before and i had to build it back up now im happy with my size i want to rip out i know i need alot of veg and protein but do i have to avoid carbs all together after my 2pm meal (next one being pre-workout at 5pm) i did this last cut and i lost too much muscle any advice is appreciated thanks
admad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 00:36   #2
P90PTS
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
P90PTS is on a distinguished road

So your not really cutting, you want ripped?

Cutting is a commonly used terminology for when fighters need to make a weight..
Old 11th December 2009, 05:27   #3
Fredward
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 205 GTaiii 1.9, 4.0 litre six pot Ford saloon :S
Fredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant futureFredward has a brilliant future

Cutting is also used amongst 'bodybuilders' as a term for losing fat to aid muscle definition.
Old 11th December 2009, 06:41   #4
admad
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
Cutting is also used amongst 'bodybuilders' as a term for losing fat to aid muscle definition.
yeah thats what im going for ive bulked up and gained a bit of fat, i want to lose the fat and keep my muscle gain just not sure on a successful diet to retain muscle as last cut i lost alot of it i did end up ripped but had small size
Old 11th December 2009, 18:25   #5
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v VTR + Nitrous
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
DusheR is on a distinguished road

either cut some carbs or up your cardio. Bit of both?
Old 12th December 2009, 00:47   #6
SamW
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Tuna Can
iTrader Score: 11 (92%)
SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!

Go for some high intensity cardio, circuts, etc etc and go on a decent diet, less carbs etc should see you right...
SamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 05:11   #7
scot-ish
Established Member

Car(s): Audi S5, Corsa, Defender 90 CSW
scot-ish is on a distinguished road

yeh, drop the carbs from your diet, eat clean, run in the morning, and "fartlek" training should help, the fat burning programmes on the treadmill, but out on the road, use lamposts, so you jog three, spring three, and so on, this is quite good for fat burning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I've seen pics of him and he's like Ayres Rock with tattoos.
scot-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 07:36   #8
admad
Frequent Poster

cheers for the comments will start doing some more cardio , at the min my only cardio is walking my dog for 40 mins each day i just go for a fast paced walk will be using the treadmill i have today now
Old 12th December 2009, 15:45   #9
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

if you drop carbs you want to eat more protein
Old 12th December 2009, 18:30   #10
admad
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
if you drop carbs you want to eat more protein
yeah ive been doing that i found a real satisfying meal in morrisons today was starving and only had £2 on me i managed to get a tin of ratitouie (veg in a tomato salsa sauce) and a packet of chicken breast peices, the meal had 420 cals 63gprotein, 6g carbs, 3g fat and it wasnt a small portion so kept me sastisfied for a good few hours.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:16   #11
the_soon_to_be
L-plater

Car(s): 01 wicked red furio
the_soon_to_be is on a distinguished road

to cut just eat 500 cals below maintance, do more cardio than just walking the dog, running, swimming etc.. as said keep the protien up and keep lifting heavy
the_soon_to_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 20:25   #12
admad
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soon_to_be View Post
to cut just eat 500 cals below maintance, do more cardio than just walking the dog, running, swimming etc.. as said keep the protien up and keep lifting heavy
cheers mate been doing the weight loss programme on the pre-cor x trainer style thing after each work out been burning off 300 cals a day and the dog must love me now taking him for a 3mile or so walk every morning (if awake enough i go for a run with him) started to see the difference already the fats just dropping off. Really missing my carbs tho