Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 20th May 2013, 15:46   #1
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!
Default Gauges... Talk to me!!

Hi all, looking to get a big tachometer on my steering column with a shift light? Then fuel gauge, water temp, oil temp and oil pressure so I can do away with my standard clocks... Now I have no dash and probably going to do away with the heater matrix! So please tell me everything I need and where to get it

Up The Toon
Jimmy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 15:52   #2
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

I have an ETB digidash 2 with datalogger. Has all the above functions, and more. Also has all the oem stuff needed for road regs (indicators, lights etc etc.) Not cheap mind
Old 20th May 2013, 16:08   #3
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Little bracket and a stack dash
If road legality is needed a kit car cluster underneath is a cheap and tidy option if you have no dash itll put everything you want on your column
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 17:06   #4
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

Thanks for responses but tbh It's a 100% track car just want something simple accurate and effective, budget around £300 thing is with digi dashes it all looks fairly crammed and hard to read? Or else warning lights for a quick glance would be handy...

Up The Toon
Old 20th May 2013, 18:17   #5
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

You never really read a digidash unless you are doing analysis. you just set up the warning light alarm parameters and it will soon tell you if something is wrong big in the centre of the display.
Old 20th May 2013, 18:26   #6
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

You can even get stack items that shut off your fuel pump if things get outside the perameters you set
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 18:27   #7
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore

Ah I see, where is the best place to buy and how much? Easy to install?

Up The Toon
Old 20th May 2013, 19:19   #8
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

direct for most of the companies. A lot brand new though, far more than your £300 budget. I may be selling mine in the future.
Old 20th May 2013, 19:24   #9
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore

I need one ASAP but yeah not wanting to spend much more then 300 ideally...

Up The Toon
Old 20th May 2013, 20:53   #10
106maxi
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

106maxi is on a distinguished road

Stack.
106maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 106maxi For This Useful Post:
Old 20th May 2013, 21:45   #11
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore

How much where they?

Up The Toon
Old 20th May 2013, 23:03   #12
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

As long as it's 100% track car, then thats a nice little setup
Old 21st May 2013, 10:41   #13
106maxi
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

£200 for the tacho, about £50 each for the other two, and then some carbon fibre.
That's an old pic, I've got shiftlights fitted within the binnacle too.
I don't need anymore than what's pictured.
Old 21st May 2013, 11:19   #14
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore

ok thanks! i want electric guages with analoge needles yes?

Up The Toon
Old 21st May 2013, 11:19   #15
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore

in regards to fitting is there any hidden extras i might need? i.e senders wires etc

Up The Toon

Last edited by Jimmy-Boy; 21st May 2013 at 11:52.
Old 21st May 2013, 11:22   #16
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore

sorry for the 3 posts in a row... how ocme you don't have oil temp ?

Up The Toon
Old 21st May 2013, 13:07   #17
106maxi
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Electric gauges with analogue needles. I don't like digital, it's 'harder' to read and process.
Stack gauges come with sensors and terminals, you need to buy the wiring. They are a 3 wire installation. +12v, earth, signal. That's it, piece of piss.
Never thought it was necessary, however that may change. Concern has been raised over the 40minute races that I do. A new oil cooler is going in for this season as a preventative measure, and I may aswell fit the oil temp gauge too.
That will require a new mounting plate, and it will look odd with 3 small and 1 large gauge. I may fit it on the switch panel instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to 106maxi For This Useful Post:
Old 21st May 2013, 13:13   #18
106maxi
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

A low quality video (if it works!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IuKuqkkBgpM
Old 21st May 2013, 14:46   #19
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

Little consumer advice. I'd suggest putting your shift lights higher up the rev range, so they are actual shift lights and not an rpm indicator set. makes them far more useful in the higher gears
Old 21st May 2013, 15:33   #20
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore

Ok thanks guys helped alot! Where did you buy your stuff from and where you get Rhodes neat shift lights ? :O

Up The Toon