Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd March 2014, 23:34   #41
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

Meet was good we had a good convoy of local lads going down couple of glanza's , s14, couple of ek9's, eg6, micra, evo,ep3's and me, dopey mate forgot his camera so no good pictures im going to borrow his camera and get decent one's at some point this week, went to a guys private road after and speedo was pointing vertical down I know speedos arnt 100% but still impressed then when I let off my exhaust decided to spit rest of the baffles in the silencer so glowing hot embers were shooting out of the back looked cool haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones91 View Post
Car looks nice mate, defo heading in the right direction

I use meguiars quick detailer and have always got decent results from it so haven't tried anything else

Only other thing I'd say is £ for Bhp skunk2 inlet, cams and cam gears with standalone management, hondata s300 etc probs won't be worth it on a b16, personally I think you'd be best off putting the b18c4 engine in or if your really digging deep into pockets then b18c6
Cheers man and ever heard of optimum car wax think I might go for that?, b18c4 if I was going for boost or maybe try find b16b or b18c6 not sure yet happy with the power atm need to get it rr will be happy if its still got every bit of its original power should have was up on last rr without decat and exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
how bad was the arch? any after pics on it?

just was abit scabby once I got it flatted back luckily it wasn't pitted so it came up good and managed to fade rear quater in pretty good not perfect can kinda see a lacquer line but most off it buffed out.

Thats what it looked like before don't have a after picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1985 View Post
the car is looking good
Thanks man.
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 23:52   #42
jones91
Established Member

Car(s): Jdm Dc2 Integra
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
jones91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany4494 View Post
Cheers man and ever heard of optimum car wax think I might go for that?, b18c4 if I was going for boost or maybe try find b16b or b18c6 not sure yet happy with the power atm need to get it rr will be happy if its still got every bit of its original power should have was up on last rr without decat and exhaust
I've never heard of it before tbh no, wax wise I use meguiars caranuba wax which is a paste and about £20 a tub on eBay, again never had issues with it so never really thought about using something else

If your sticking with the b16a then ek9 or dc2 cams both fit and give half decent gains, but whatever route you go down you'll probs spend a lot of money for not a lot of gains as honda parts are mostly silly expensive

You thought much about the suspension side of things? Decent set of coilovers, tyres, front and rear camber arms and full geo setup will probs see a lot more fun for your money than engine parts will tbh
Old 24th March 2014, 10:08   #43
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones91 View Post
I've never heard of it before tbh no, wax wise I use meguiars caranuba wax which is a paste and about £20 a tub on eBay, again never had issues with it so never really thought about using something else

If your sticking with the b16a then ek9 or dc2 cams both fit and give half decent gains, but whatever route you go down you'll probs spend a lot of money for not a lot of gains as honda parts are mostly silly expensive

You thought much about the suspension side of things? Decent set of coilovers, tyres, front and rear camber arms and full geo setup will probs see a lot more fun for your money than engine parts will tbh
Yeah thats the problem parts arnt cheap but atm tegiwa induction this whale don't rate it and will probably do timing belt at 120k just to be safe and get cams in it them plenty of time to decide what I want to put in.

And suspension wise its on 40mm springs atm and fully polybushed all around with greenstuff pads and vented disks and handles okay but camber arms and a geo set up is something I have thought about and not sure what tyres to go for.
Old 24th March 2014, 11:47   #44
Nik_L
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 205 GTi
Nik_L is on a distinguished road

When you say vertical down, are you implying that the needle was sitting where 160mph would be (if the numbers wen't up that far).
Nik_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 11:59   #45
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik_L View Post
When you say vertical down, are you implying that the needle was sitting where 160mph would be (if the numbers wen't up that far).
My mate took a picture its blury but you can see needle ill get him to send me it and upload it later it was nearly vertical haha not sure what speed would be.

Edit: picture is propper shit but you can see that the needle is off the clock and before I let off it was about 28minuets past if you was looking at a clock.

Picture doesnt look that bad on my phone its shit but not that shit I dont know why its uploading fuzzy.

Last edited by Dany4494; 24th March 2014 at 12:44.
Old 25th March 2014, 16:30   #46
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Couple of pictures (need to invest in a decent camera) still looking shiny after 300 miles and beaded quite well with the super resin polish and extra gloss protection only problem is when its all polished you see little blemishes that need sorting out also didn't give the depth or the wet look I want but it's quite hard with a silver car read good things about dodo juice light fantastic so bought a tub of that and also bought a quick detailer called optimum car wax people seem to rave about it on detailing forums, debating if I should bite the bullet and buy a tegiwa/mugen induction can't find one second hand or a replica also not sure if I should strip it and think im going to get the inserts sprayed black on my spare lights and stick em in a see if I like it.

Old 26th March 2014, 19:55   #47
jones91
Established Member

Car(s): Jdm Dc2 Integra
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
jones91 is on a distinguished road

Yeah camber arms & alignment is definitely something I'd look into, could probably get the arms 2nd hand for 120ish and alignment is about 60, would be the best £180 you'd spend to notice a difference

Btw I'm selling my tegiwa mugen rep enclosed box off my dc2, apparently fits ek from what I've read up
Old 26th March 2014, 21:11   #48
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Yeah deffo going to be looking in to it and sound how much do you want for it and it got silicone elbow with it ?
Old 30th March 2014, 19:46   #49
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Had another little detailing session on the car again just washed it and used a quick detailer called optimum car wax pretty good stuff everyone on detailing forums raves about it also clayed the bonnet and boot will use the dodo wax in a few weeks, think im going to invest in a new smooth front bumper with lip and respray the back one lots of stone chips looks scruffy, got my spare set of lights split so they should be black this week al some point and some pictures but its crying for a set of wheels going to get some this month.

Old 4th April 2014, 17:25   #50
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Wheels arived today so went down to see my mate who works in a tyre place got a good price on some toyo proxes t1r just waiting on spiggot rings then they will be going on.

Old 10th April 2014, 21:43   #51
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

New wheels finally on after a lot of fucking about few pics with my mates eg on my old wheels will be getting a full detailing session at weekend and going to paint inserts of lights keep putting it off, and thinking of gloss black bump strips to break up the blob of silver it is atm.

Opinions/criticism welcome.
Old 10th April 2014, 23:07   #52
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

How come they changed colour after you put tyres on?
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2014, 06:39   #53
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Haha I was wondering that too they looked gunmetal but they actually supposed to be bronze.
Old 11th April 2014, 08:20   #54
martin1985
Frequent Poster

Car(s): EP3 Type R
martin1985 is on a distinguished road

the wheels also look like they have shrunk since tyres got fitted lol. good work though
martin1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 17:24   #55
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Not much progress really got 4 wheel alignment done while I was underneath I noticed both cv boots are split so that's next weeks job over bank holiday along with getting rid of ugly hole in bumper and the crack and spray bumper hopefully, bought a disklok crook lock seen a few pikey looking characters sniffing around my car recently so just more of a deterrent really but supposed to be the best you can get, also had a detailing session today but forgot to clay it doh anyway used Ag shampoo-tar remover-ag sr polish- dodo light fantastic was what a bastard to put on found it very difficult to apply anyone dodo users tips for me ?

Few pics found the light fantastic to have a warmer shine more wetter looking to it making it look lighter rather than the ag egp seemed to give a darker more reflective shine, not sure what I prefer yet see how durable dodo is.

Old 27th April 2014, 22:17   #56
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Not much been going on really interior is provisionaly sold took a deposit went to a meet got a picture in petrol station, selling bits putting it back to standard, want something rwd jap obv.

While I was there saw one of the nicest saxo's I ever seen really smart don't know belongs to someone on here ?

This was pretty special mint.

Last edited by Dany4494; 27th April 2014 at 22:24.
Old 28th April 2014, 09:40   #57
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Saxo used to be Mr_N's, but is now owned by someone with the username -Chris- I think it is. http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=462321

That MG looks amazing.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 09:45   #58
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Saxo used to be Mr_N's, but is now owned by someone with the username -Chris- I think it is. http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=462321

That MG looks amazing.
Ahh just had a read through that saxo thread you could tell from looking at it that it has been done to the highest standards, and that mg the condition was like it had just rolled off the production line.
Old 26th May 2014, 18:10   #59
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Changed my mind like I do all the time keeping it got carbon bonnet and spoiler on, waiting on a local lad to get back to me with the cost of a wrap gloss red or white undecided really opinions ?

Also burning a little oil on overrun think it's valve stem seals compression is fine 210 across the board so I bought, valve stem seals, piston rings, head gasket kit, timing belt water pump etc various seals for the engine might as well do it well its in bits, then she's fresh for a turbo setup .

Will get some nice pictures tomorow going to give a full detail and standard airbox is going back on.

Old 27th May 2014, 18:22   #60
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

All this shit came out.

Looks much cleaner and roomy in the bay needs a turbo to fill thr gap , also did away with the whale dick imo its shit made up a cold feed for standard airbox not as much heat soak really notice after been sat in traffic and between 1k-4k.