Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 20th November 2006, 22:47   #1
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!
Default How to fit a VT kit to Flat arch model

This gets asked so many times, heres how i did it:

1) BUMPERS are a straight fit, refer to Haynes manual to see where all the bolts are for fitting and removal.

2) ARCHES, put a dot of paint on the end of the clips so you'll see exactly where to drill into the front and rear panels (you can just bond the VT arches on if you want to) Some of the clips will fit into the original holes and will be apparent when you line up the arches.

Bare in mind that drilled holes may still not be 100% perfect and arches may not fit flush on their own (Also dont drill holes too big- do them slightly smaller than the clips else they wont stick into the bodywork) A better way is to use BOLTS instead of clips on the top part of the arches that go over the wheels, the head of the bolt slips in where the clip would, then put the thread through the hole and tighten up the nut on the inside of the arch until it sits fully flush against the bodywork.

You could/and will need to also apply some tiger seal (best around bottom edges of rear arch and where it reaches the door frame, be careful though as it can be messy) Use clamps to secure the sealed bits tightly against the bodywork (Remember to put something between the clamp and bodywork so that your paint doesnt get damaged)

As yours is flat arch aswel you'll need to cut away some of the front and rear quarter panels as it pertrudes below the VT arch. trial fit the arch first and mark with pen or paint where you need to cut up to.

Once cut make sure you treat exposed metal with rust protection and a bit of underseal after. This will ensure that you encounter no corrosion problems.

3) SIDESKIRTS you'll need to drill holes again on the top part which should be lined up again using the paint technique, id strongly advise sealing these aswel and clamping them where possible. Then underneath you can buy clips from citroen to attach, Or if you'd prefer it is possible to screw the bottom part onto the car, remember to treat the area for corrosion aswel.

4) DOOR MOULDINGS, the top half of these you'll find that the clips fit directly into the original bump strip holes. Around the bottom and sides of the moulding, again use tiger seal and clamp it to the door for 24 hours (obviously ull need to put the car in a garage overnight if necessary)

This should complete the fitting of your VT kit, get a friend to help you if possible to double check any areas that you may have missed and to help secure bits in place-especially when trying to do the sideskirts.

Remember to treat any cut or drilled areas for rust!

Please note that you could also just tigerseal the whole kit, this is the less time consuming way and its upto your own discretion on whether you think its safe to do it that way, personally id rather do a job properly.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Willsy
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 16:16   #2
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Ford Transit
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future

+ Rep For You Mate
Old 31st January 2008, 21:23   #3
serco
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo mk2 VTR
serco is on a distinguished road
Default Citroen sport side badges

hi, i been told ur the person to speak to citroen sport side badges..
do you still have any??
if so what colours have you got and how much are they?
thanks.
serco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 01:36   #4
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Nice one mate, a good little thread

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 00:26   #5
tpjaws
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): mauritious blue 1.1i-for sale
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
tpjaws is a splendid one to beholdtpjaws is a splendid one to beholdtpjaws is a splendid one to beholdtpjaws is a splendid one to beholdtpjaws is a splendid one to beholdtpjaws is a splendid one to behold

fantastic mate, im going to save up and give this a go next month. ill message you if i have any problems. respect to ya for just throwin caution to the wind and givin it a go. im too chicken shit that itll come out wrong and ill be drivin in a car that looks like a pile of shite until i have the money to fix it.
tpjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 07:23   #6
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

good guide mate, any pics to go with it would be mint. then its sticky time imo
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 17:37   #7
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Willsy you got pics to go with this thread?? I know there were some in your thread (i think) but would be good to have them in hear aswell. Might be doing this to mine. How much did the kit inc bumpers cost?
Old 14th July 2008, 12:57   #8
ihatemydesire

Car(s): Pug 306 Cab, Saxo 1.1 Desire
ihatemydesire is on a distinguished road

Wicked thread, I may video me doing the car and link it for you, depends on time and patience!! Thanks!!! ur a star!
ihatemydesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 15:02   #9
Marshy
Established Member

Car(s): Ibiza FR Tdi
Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!Marshy is as cool as a cucumber!

Great guide mate, im sure it will be of good use to many people
Old 12th September 2008, 02:03   #10
landanimal
Frequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr, mk3 fiesta 1.1 - 2.0 zetec project
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
landanimal has a spectacular aura aboutlandanimal has a spectacular aura about

thank exactly the thread i was lookin for lol one question though? is it best to spray the kit whilst its on or off the car?
landanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 03:39   #11
gibbettvtr

Car(s): saxo vtr
gibbettvtr is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx 4 spending the time to write that out! (Y) if it wasnt for reading this i probably would ov got bored and get the bond out haha cheers, its the perfect thread for my friend with a 1.1 thats just bought a vt kit cheers
gibbettvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 10:53   #12
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landanimal View Post
thank exactly the thread i was lookin for lol one question though? is it best to spray the kit whilst its on or off the car?
I would say it is probably best to spray whilst of the car tbh. Makes it easier really.
Old 12th September 2008, 14:49   #13
landanimal
Frequent Poster

yea? i thought it might cheers.
Old 12th September 2008, 14:58   #14
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

spray it off the car deffo

been doing mine (without the guide) its spot on
allthough i have done a few bits differently lol
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 16:07   #15
landanimal
Frequent Poster

well i gotta buy the materials dunno how much thts gonna cost me yet then spray it and fit it in couple of weeks. so hopefully should look good.
Old 13th September 2008, 16:50   #16
Recovery
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Lowww 172
Recovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant futureRecovery has a brilliant future

Thats brilliant willsy, great thread! Your car has taken alot of changes since i last saw i lol, you still using my standard VT front bumper?
Old 20th September 2008, 00:27   #17
dannyboy2005
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Punt -y0
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
dannyboy2005 will become famous soon enough

Nice info... But how can i cramp it to my car? I mean i don't have a G Cramp or Sash cramp thats like 2m wide?

How long would this take? I'd rather glues, i mean now-a-days Kascamite (a wood glue) is actually stronger then wood, it pulls a wood joint apart (i'm a joiner). Glues have caught on alot and bolts are another rust attraction.

Also.. Would it be wise to find a red VT body kit for a red car? or easier to spray (if so how much roughly lookig at?)

Thanks
Dan
dannyboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 16:59   #18
Mr_Willy
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Wicked Red Furriiooooz
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Mr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud ofMr_Willy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy2005 View Post
Nice info... But how can i cramp it to my car? I mean i don't have a G Cramp or Sash cramp thats like 2m wide?

How long would this take? I'd rather glues, i mean now-a-days Kascamite (a wood glue) is actually stronger then wood, it pulls a wood joint apart (i'm a joiner). Glues have caught on alot and bolts are another rust attraction.

Also.. Would it be wise to find a red VT body kit for a red car? or easier to spray (if so how much roughly lookig at?)

Thanks
Dan
what the hell you dont place the clamp round your whole car?! try just a clamp between the arch and the wheel arch liner to hold it in position....
White VTS Alloys - Done, Smoked Rears - Done, Lowered 40mm All Round - Not Done, Tinted Rear Quarters - Not Done, Black Badges - Done, Custom Grill - Not Done, Mirror Caps - Done, Smoked Headlights and Fogs - Not Done
Drop a Pm If You Can Assist With Above
Mr_Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 17:18   #19
murph

murph is on a distinguished road

yeah was good mate! got it on without much probs with your guide!!! pissed that i never got the front bumper as it looks crap at the front now, but willget that after xmas is out of the way... ill put some pix up soon
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 19:22   #20
S3xoSam
Frequent Poster
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Sleeper FTW!
iTrader Score: 2 (75%)
S3xoSam is a splendid one to beholdS3xoSam is a splendid one to beholdS3xoSam is a splendid one to beholdS3xoSam is a splendid one to beholdS3xoSam is a splendid one to beholdS3xoSam is a splendid one to beholdS3xoSam is a splendid one to beholdS3xoSam is a splendid one to behold

Great guide mate.

Just 1 problem, how did you manage to bolt the side skirts onto the car? When drilling the holes, where does the whole come out to?
S3xoSam is offline   Reply With Quote