Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 17th April 2007, 13:01   #1
Dave_J
Infrequent Poster

Dave_J is on a distinguished road
Default Battery Issues

If you were to leave your saxo standing in a garage, everything off, alarm not on, car unlocked. How long would you expect your battery to last for??

I used to have a problem of it only lasting 4 days, then it decided it would start lasting 2 wks even with alarm on. Now recently, with alarm off, it has given up after only a week.

Its doing my head in

anybody got any ideas on what it could be. A while back i had a flickering battery light issue and when i went to auto elec guy he said alternator was fine and charging ok, light was coming on because the 2 thin wires coming out of it were chaffed, he sorted it and light went out. Could this have caused a problem that i have not noticed??

thanks in advance
Dave_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 13:02   #2
sy_VTR
Established Member

Car(s): BLACK MK2 VTR, MK1 POSI VTS
sy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these partssy_VTR is infamous around these parts

get a new battery pal
sy_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 13:05   #3
Dave_J
Infrequent Poster

it's newish. 18-24 months i think

its a diesel battery to

car harldy gets used. could this cause problems?
Old 17th April 2007, 13:23   #4
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

if its not getting used yeah it will go flat

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 13:29   #5
Dave_J
Infrequent Poster

dont you feel that a week is a bit quick though, even 2 weeks i think is quick
Old 17th April 2007, 13:47   #6
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

is a little especially as you said it wasnt conected so theres nothing to drain it

mines till on standard battery and used to sit around for 2 weeks sometimes conected and always started first time

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 15:37   #7
jarroyo
Infrequent Poster

jarroyo is on a distinguished road

as i don't use my car much i start it (and run it) for 20 mins a day to keep the battery life up, now in garage with battery disconnected.
jarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 16:52   #8
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

check the battery plates are covered with water mate

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 17:00   #9
Tobs
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Tobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to behold

get a new battery the plates inside might be breaking apart this can cause batterys to lose there charge faster and the battery can never reach the full charge it could have when new so theres no point trying to charge it loads

or your battery needs some topping up, is your battery a solid cover or removable cover? if it removeable then open up the vent plugs on the top and poor small amount of mineral water in. or get it tested out with a float gauge and that will tell you if the acid inside is naff or not

i would just get new battery cause you can get a few problems with batterys sometimes and if the plates are breaking down then the battery isnt gunna be great for the rest of its life.
Tobs is offline   Reply With Quote