Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 16th September 2007, 19:26   #1
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!
Default Selling Images

Does anyone do it? I have been on a few hints and tips websites where they also tell you how to sell your stock pictures. Was wondering if anyone does and where they sell them on.
Old 16th September 2007, 19:45   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I think you need to learn to use your camera mate before worrying about selling images
Old 16th September 2007, 22:26   #3
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think you need to learn to use your camera mate before worrying about selling images
Not said anything about selling photos yet lol. Just interested to see if anyone else does it really. See what type of pictures are big hits really.
Old 16th September 2007, 22:29   #4
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

There are so many photo stock corporations out there with massive advertising budgets that I'd be suprised if anyone managed to sell their photography.

I have worked with some of these companies and the quantity and usually quality of their imagery is superb.
Old 16th September 2007, 22:50   #5
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

ive done a few different bits of photography work for companies. one was for T&S accessories ltd which is a cosmetics retailler, they provide make up brushes, hair brushes and other stuff to people like tresemme and i shot there company portfolio. the other was for tetra pak photographing stuff for ariel and sunny delight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 23:06   #6
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Nice bit of work there. What about selling them online? For example istockphotos.com you set up an account upload images and then people buy them and you get a % of what they get bought for. They could be sold for $0.50 but the same picture could be sold hundreds of times.
Old 17th September 2007, 00:33   #7
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

i got £100 an image so wouldnt be worth it as i would have to sell loads, plus clients pay more if they the rights to the image meaning only they can reuse it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 00:41   #8
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Jim View Post
i got £100 an image so wouldnt be worth it as i would have to sell loads, plus clients pay more if they the rights to the image meaning only they can reuse it
agreed, more money in selling image rights than simply the image itself.
Old 17th September 2007, 11:02   #9
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Okey fair enough was only thinking if i had a fair amount of stock pictures that i could make a little bit of money on the side really.
Old 18th September 2007, 22:29   #10
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Okey fair enough was only thinking if i had a fair amount of stock pictures that i could make a little bit of money on the side really.
but having lots of photos doesnt mean people will want to buy them.

having lots of BRILLIANT photos still doesnt mean people will buy them tbh
Old 18th September 2007, 23:57   #11
adam111
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Suzuki Ignis Sport
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
adam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant futureadam111 has a brilliant future

From a thread from the forum of a photography site i'm on:
http://www.ephotozine.com/topic/t-52331

Might be an idea to join the site and ask any questions there as well as there are pro's on there who may be able to help out.
adam111 is offline   Reply With Quote