Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 23rd June 2004, 14:38   #1
Dave_J
Infrequent Poster

Dave_J is on a distinguished road

My mate is fitting a VTR engine from a MK2 VTR into a MK1 1.1 saxo, for his mate.
He seems to be having problem getting the wiring looms to match up. The MK1 has a small plug and MK2 has a big plug. So his mate got a MK1 wiring loom but now the ECU connections are different.
Other problems have also crept up but cant remember them all
Basically he is wondering if any1 on here has ever fitted a MK2 engine into a MK1 car and if you had any probs.
He fitted my VTS engine no prob. Apart from my engine did not have a return fuel pipe so we had to make a home made one. Also there was something plastic on the inlet manifold i snapped off (silly boy) the pipe that was supposed to connect to it goes into the wing, my mate says it looks like somekind of air pressure thing or osmething like that. Anybody know which pipe i am on about and does it affect anything.

cheers
Dave_J is offline   Reply With Quote