Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 26th August 2008, 21:20   #41
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
good for him. He probs needs to get out a tad if he laughs at things like that i would have thought.

I like Raw, some people like shitting in each others mouths whilst been wanked off, everybody's different
He was explaining more that on an event shoot, you often dont have any time to process RAW, a client doesnt need them and for redbull for example the pics had to be uploaded to the FTP as soon as the event had finished.

Id say for photos where you have no real deadline and can spend hours procesing (such as a models shot) RAW is needed as its not economical to get them back, but when on a deadline such as with the press JPEG is the way to go.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:20   #42
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Can I add I shot RAW + Jpeg. not just raw.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 21:25   #43
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

seen the new 50D?

looks nice.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:28   #44
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
seen the new 50D?

looks nice.
got an email about it today.

thought when are they going to bring out the 5dII rather than keep adding to the 10/20/30/40D fleet...

I need FF sadly if im gonna do more band stuff those press pits are fucking tight on a cropped sensor at 70mm, but then need the range for back of the stage
Old 26th August 2008, 21:28   #45
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

neilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant future

for some reason the 50D doesnt scream "buy me". might wait until the 20D breaks then claim on the insurance and put it towards whatevers available at the time.. 2nd hand 1D maybe lol
Old 26th August 2008, 21:30   #46
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilandhisvtr View Post
for some reason the 50D doesnt scream "buy me". might wait until the 20D breaks then claim on the insurance and put it towards whatevers available at the time.. 2nd hand 1D maybe lol
depending upon your insurance on the kit they can replace it with the similar spec unit...

so 20d goes bang and only the 50D is available new
Old 26th August 2008, 21:31   #47
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

neilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant futureneilandhisvtr has a brilliant future

depends if theyd let me have a cheque to the value of.. cant remember whats in the small print tbh
Old 26th August 2008, 21:32   #48
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
depends if theyd let me have a cheque to the value of.. cant remember whats in the small print tbh
its an arse, i had to give recepts and all my proof of purchases on all of my kit.

when it was for me and my sister that was a bitch as between us we prob have close to 15k worth of recetps we had to find.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:33   #49
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

photoguard will accept a photo of the kit as proof of ownership.. toot
Old 26th August 2008, 21:34   #50
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

yep. I'm waiting on the 5D too... have moniez ready for it when it comes out. coooomeeee oonnnnn
Old 26th August 2008, 21:35   #51
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

depends what the fps is on the 5Dmk2 i guess
Old 26th August 2008, 21:39   #52
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
yep. I'm waiting on the 5D too... have moniez ready for it when it comes out. coooomeeee oonnnnn
I really want a 1d mkIII for sports, but thinking might be able to get away with 30D for that still as i need FF for alot more events im coverng

Quote:
photoguard will accept a photo of the kit as proof of ownership.. toot
Lucky, it was a complete arse finding all codes, all the paperwork etc etc.....

had to try and find a recept for a hassleblad from about 6 years+ ago
Old 26th August 2008, 21:40   #53
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
depends what the fps is on the 5Dmk2 i guess
not fussed... it can snap at 1 per second for all I care.

I just want a FF to double the effective number of lenses in my kitty, give me mind blowing IQ, kick ass bokeh and shallower DOF's

I think it'll probs hit 6-7 my guess is (50D is slower than the 40D by a tiny .2 - but I'd like to meet a 40D owner who has actually got 6.5fps). I'm guessing the 5D will be FF version of the 50D (hope not though) but with a few more extras.

I'm guessing minimum 15mp's based on the 50D's - can't be higher than the 1DsIII 23 so maybe 18. Digic4 standard.

probably more AF points... 15? 11? maybe.

ISO will be at least 12800 -> I'd shit pants if it was 25600 though. It'll go to ISO 50 too.

blah blah... this is getting like POTN so I'll stop there.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:43   #54
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:

blah blah... this is getting like POTN so I'll stop there.
I dont see inbred yanks posting bollocks and hiding exif here
Old 26th August 2008, 21:44   #55
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I really want a 1d mkIII for sports, but thinking might be able to get away with 30D for that still as i need FF for alot more events im coverng

Lucky, it was a complete arse finding all codes, all the paperwork etc etc.....

had to try and find a recept for a hassleblad from about 6 years+ ago
thing is... I've had a go on the mkIII and the AF (when it's fixed) is startling. point tracking no OOF pics in AI servo unless the user is the retard - it shits on the 40D and anything else below it. for that alone it's worth it really. I think the 1D is a more rounded thing for you tbh.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:47   #56
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

id spaff my load if i ever had the chance to own a mk3...
Old 26th August 2008, 21:47   #57
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
thing is... I've had a go on the mkIII and the AF (when it's fixed) is startling. point tracking no OOF pics in AI servo unless the user is the retard - it shits on the 40D and anything else below it. for that alone it's worth it really. I think the 1D is a more rounded thing for you tbh.
Tough decision for me atm, as it will be dependant on what comes through from the emails that have been pinging about the last week or so with a few people.

Sports photography needs alot more investment in/rental in 500/600mm primes.

Where as i have some bits that i can get away with on 30D and a FF, although fisheye and a 10-20mm will be useless.

Was thinking about trying to buy a FF make use of it get some money to pay for what i need for sports eventually. Espec as now im doing more event photos than i thought i would.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:50   #58
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
id spaff my load if i ever had the chance to own a mk3...

heads up!!! canon are going to shit out a mkIV no doubt soon.

I don't want one... but actually I feel I've been played by canon here. I've got that 85mm thingy. on my 10D it's hell. total hell. It'll focus and most of the time it's spot on (remember we're dealing with mm's of DOF here). but because of natural movements you've got to use AF servo otherwise it's out and you're focusing on someones nasal hair instead. But the leaps in tracking for the 10D in AF servo means I have to take 3 shots to be sure 2 of them are ok.

In essence - to own that lens I should really buy a 1D.

shit.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:52   #59
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Tough decision for me atm, as it will be dependant on what comes through from the emails that have been pinging about the last week or so with a few people.

Sports photography needs alot more investment in/rental in 500/600mm primes.

Where as i have some bits that i can get away with on 30D and a FF, although fisheye and a 10-20mm will be useless.

Was thinking about trying to buy a FF make use of it get some money to pay for what i need for sports eventually. Espec as now im doing more event photos than i thought i would.
Could always buy a film EOS. £30 off ebay. FF easy peasy.

I've had a go with the 600mm prime. nice. fucking massive.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:54   #60
neilandhisvtr
Frequent Poster

i think im having delusions of grandure wanting a mk3, not sure i could justify it. the 20d does my skill level at the mo lmfao