Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 8th November 2008, 21:14   #1
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!
Default Newcastle By Night

So, following on from the 'Me, Ste and 400D' thread, i decided that i wanted to practise some more using the skillz i learned last weekend, so mid week spoke to Tom bout going around newcastle, had a few ideas in my head, pretty much just walked around the centre of the place with cam and tripod. Trial and error again. Cheers to Ste for taking us up there, and Tom for, well actually for nothing knew where to go myself!

Again shot with the Canon 400D, AV mode, ISO 100, F5.6>8

Few questions tho, what does AV stand for? What exactly is the ISO? and then the F8, whats that mean? Also on TV mode, whats that stand for? or is that self explainitory?! then the 1/4000 on tv mode, is that shutter speed? As ive noticed that changing it effect light? yes im a noob just wanting to know more...

So the pics, not in any order, again pointers and comments very welcome, good or bad, let me know if there is something i can try change, or other settings that may work well. Was looking at new lense but wont be for the time being

my mate actually has a photo like these below on his wall in his front room, taken by one of his mates whos a pro, always loved the pic and suppose inspiration for me in a way, one pic that kinda made me want to get into photography more

one of my favs

would love to get one of my car like this, have it at the front waiting for lights to change, but the chances of gettin someone up to take pic, then me managing to get at front, and for it to be on long enough for my car to be still are pretty small lol

i felt with this one, there was too much light around for the settings i was on, what would i do to stop this? what settings needed?

I think next stop could be boro, but unsure whats around, riverside, boro bridges n not sure what else really, altho newcastles a shithole for scenery and lights at night, its top notch
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:16   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

av - aperture priority
TV- Shutter priority

av- you set the aperture the camera adjusts the shutter to help with settings, tv is you adjust shutter and so the aperture is adjusted by camera.

Newcastle looks alot less shit at night, theres no chavs in shell suits and rebbok classics

pics looked good when saw em on book of face mate top bombing.

one thing though watch your horisons (yes spelt wrong because fucked keyboard lol)
Old 8th November 2008, 21:22   #3
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

what you mean watch them?!

like the waves? think thats just from uploadin and hosting not like that on pic on pc
Old 8th November 2008, 21:26   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

no does the bridge not appear to be going downhill slightly to you> from left to right. or is the birdge actually like that (being built by newcastlians )

Just saying watch that as its something we all do at somepoint and best to try and realise sooner. You can easily adjust it with PP.

id be happy with the pics though mate
Old 8th November 2008, 21:28   #5
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Really good pictures Matt, wish I could be bothered to get into photography.

Drove past that building last Saturday night in the taxi into Newcastle - what is it?
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:34   #6
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

part of the uni, used to be a cinema, now northumbria uni

Ryan, we were on the millenium bridge taking them, so it curves around, wasnt a straight bit of the bridge, but see what your saying, normally judge by the pointers on cam, but being dark i couldnt see them lol
Old 8th November 2008, 21:50   #7
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Awesome pics! Didn't realise you were into photography. Only pic I'd seen you take before was the one of your neighbour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:52   #8
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Awesome pics! Didn't realise you were into photography. Only pic I'd seen you take before was the one of your neighbour!
if the neighbour is aged 16 or less thats to be expected from mr yates
Old 8th November 2008, 21:52   #9
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

Them pics are awesome biddy.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 22:00   #10
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
haha yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
if the neighbour is aged 16 or less thats to be expected from mr yates
as long as its male and 16 or under...
Old 8th November 2008, 22:08   #11
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Them pics are awesome biddy.
wheelz - pm me i may be interested
Old 9th November 2008, 00:49   #12
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

none of them excite me greatly, there not bad, jsut not eye catching
Old 9th November 2008, 10:36   #13
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Jap crap
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!

Yates,

I've adjusted your picture with the "horizon" being off

Also gave it a little more depth in the below pic
Adam_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 10:41   #14
mark16v
Established Member

mark16v is a jewel in the roughmark16v is a jewel in the roughmark16v is a jewel in the roughmark16v is a jewel in the rough

Great pics matt, of a great place No pics with the car
mark16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 11:43   #15
Y4n
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): 02' Corolla T-Sport
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Y4n is a splendid one to beholdY4n is a splendid one to beholdY4n is a splendid one to beholdY4n is a splendid one to beholdY4n is a splendid one to beholdY4n is a splendid one to beholdY4n is a splendid one to behold

really good pics yates. i've just got into photography myself so i'm abit of a beginner myself.

p.s my uni!
Y4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 12:29   #16
barrettp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Focus
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!

big improvement from last week

looks good some of the shots
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 12:42   #17
Finest_City
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2001 Saxo Furio 1.4
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Finest_City is just really niceFinest_City is just really niceFinest_City is just really niceFinest_City is just really nice

Those pics look sick, sickest thing I can think of in Bristol at night would be Cabot Circus at distance maybe lol
Old 9th November 2008, 13:25   #18
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

nice pics mate

3rd 1 down is my fav
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 16:35   #19
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by don55 View Post
none of them excite me greatly, there not bad, jsut not eye catching
its newcastle lol, whats eye catching there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Q View Post
Yates,

I've adjusted your picture with the "horizon" being off

Also gave it a little more depth in the below pic
looks a little fake in the 2nd one tbh, not to arsed about it being slightly off, again its newcastle lol, but cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark16v View Post
Great pics matt, of a great place No pics with the car
car pics next week i think mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y4n View Post
really good pics yates. i've just got into photography myself so i'm abit of a beginner myself.

p.s my uni!
ive had camera ages but never really used it, getting more into it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
big improvement from last week

looks good some of the shots
cheers Mike, last weeks there wasnt as much light with the city pics, newcastle full of the lights on a night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finest_City View Post
Those pics look sick, sickest thing I can think of in Bristol at night would be Cabot Circus at distance maybe lol
cheers man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
nice pics mate

3rd 1 down is my fav
cheers again
Old 9th November 2008, 16:40   #20
Shellz
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 206 Quicksilver
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Shellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant future

Nice pictures!
x