Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 1st June 2007, 19:44   #21
Tobs
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Tobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to beholdTobs is a splendid one to behold

stick it mods so people wont ask about it
Tobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 19:52   #22
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

already have done mate, just waiting for them to do something
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 23:57   #23
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

i told you earlier on i have added it to the FAQs thread thats a sticky in here

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 08:49   #24
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i told you earlier on i have added it to the FAQs thread thats a sticky in here
good good
Old 1st December 2007, 13:01   #25
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4urio, 306 DTurbo SportShed
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Good guide this, just thought id say though the blue clip citroen dont seem to list.

Ive got a 1.4 2000 reg saxo, the blown up diagram for my saxo at least showed the filter being held on by a cable tie. So they dont supply the blue clip part, even though ive got one fitted
TU-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 17:11   #26
SaxoKez
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): White Subaru WRX Black Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 12 (93%)
SaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to beholdSaxoKez is a splendid one to behold

nice guide m8
SaxoKez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 17:33   #27
-Saxo_VTS-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Black Throttlebodied VTS
iTrader Score: 62 (94%)
-Saxo_VTS- is just really nice-Saxo_VTS- is just really nice-Saxo_VTS- is just really nice-Saxo_VTS- is just really nice-Saxo_VTS- is just really nice

Great guide buddy n very easy to use with easy to understand pictures
-Saxo_VTS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 12:37   #28
Mark51p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
Good guide this, just thought id say though the blue clip citroen dont seem to list.

Ive got a 1.4 2000 reg saxo, the blown up diagram for my saxo at least showed the filter being held on by a cable tie. So they dont supply the blue clip part, even though ive got one fitted
they definately do it mate i got mine from there. i cant log onto the Shitroen data base atm to get the part number.
Old 4th December 2007, 12:43   #29
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Good guide m8, cheers!
Old 4th December 2007, 14:08   #30
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Racing Bronze Mazda MX-5
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

tip top guide mate.

my strap broke, but i just zip tied the 2 halves together, works fine too.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:24   #31
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

A small note... Rather than turning the engine over immediately, I would make sure it primes, then turn the key back, then allow it to prime again. If you listen carefully, when you turn the key to the stage just prior to ignition, it will pressure the system, and when it's ready, you will hear it. Everything time I have changed the fuel filter, I have had to do this a few times before I could hear that the system is fully ready for ignition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 14:42   #32
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
A small note... Rather than turning the engine over immediately, I would make sure it primes, then turn the key back, then allow it to prime again. If you listen carefully, when you turn the key to the stage just prior to ignition, it will pressure the system, and when it's ready, you will hear it. Everything time I have changed the fuel filter, I have had to do this a few times before I could hear that the system is fully ready for ignition.
Always a good idea to do this to check that youve connected it properly, instead of runing the engine straight away and pissing out tons of fuel
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 14:45   #33
BoJay
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
BoJay has a spectacular aura aboutBoJay has a spectacular aura about

very easy 2 follow mate, any1 no if there is a guide for changing oil and the oik filter? if so how do i get on it
BoJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2007, 20:22   #34
vtr_driver
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 2000 Ph2 VTR
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
vtr_driver is a name known to allvtr_driver is a name known to allvtr_driver is a name known to allvtr_driver is a name known to allvtr_driver is a name known to allvtr_driver is a name known to all

Does the 2nd pipe just pull off? I managed to get the first one off but couldn't get the 2n one off.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:32   #35
adnandunn
Established Member
North East Region Member

iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
adnandunn has a spectacular aura aboutadnandunn has a spectacular aura about

thanks for the guid will give it a try
adnandunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:34   #36
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJay View Post
very easy 2 follow mate, any1 no if there is a guide for changing oil and the oik filter? if so how do i get on it
Oil filters and oild should just be changed over at the same time...

Oil is changed by getting under the car and undoing the sump plug and draining the oil, before re-fitting and tightening then re-filling with 4 litres of
5w-40 engine Oil (Silkolene Pro 5w-40 is the best but you choose)

Filter just screws on

Last edited by RedB; 3rd January 2008 at 18:41.
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:35   #37
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Great guide Mark, be using this very soon

More guides are a must

Last edited by Mark51; 24th March 2008 at 18:34.
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:36   #38
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!

TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!TU-Tuning is absolutely fabulous!

Oil filter screws on, just do it hand tight dont use tools or you wont be getting it off again.

Also, petrol stings like fuck when it drips on your face
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:41   #39
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Saxo View Post
Oil filter screws on, just do it hand tight dont use tools or you wont be getting it off again.

Also, petrol stings like fuck when it drips on your face
Speaking from experience ?
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:43   #40
TU-Tuning
Saxperience Hardcore!

Fock aye. Was a hell of a lot of swearing going on