Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 22nd September 2017, 21:52   #1
Somersetdub

Somersetdub is on a distinguished road
Default JP4s conversion questions

Hi guys,
I am currently taking the rattly j4 out of my Vts and will be fitting a JP4s engine from a c2 Vts I broke.
I wonder if anyone has any definitive answers on cams and inlet manifolds?!
I have read conflicting stories about the cams- are the J4 cams and springs really that much better than C2 Vts items?
And I gather it is good to use the C2 inlet manifold, but if I do use it, what injectors should I use?
Any advice on this conversion or previous experiences would be much appreciated :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somersetdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2017, 19:55   #2
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

I don't think there's much in it between the cams, the JP4 NFU cams are a bit milder than the J4 but I think the JP4S ones are similar.

As for the injectors, which loom are you running because most C2 VTS injectors I've seen have different connectors and the C2 injector harness is a moulded thing so not so easy to adapt to your Saxo.

Might just be worth drilling and tapping the head to use your Saxo inlet, they work better than a lot of people seem to think and they definitely work with all your other bits.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 17:21   #3
Somersetdub

Somersetdub is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
I will be using the saxo loom and from what I have now read it is possible to modify the saxo injector rail to fit the c2 inlet.

The other issue I'm having a sorting out an place for the oil pressure switch. I gather most people use a sandwich plate, but the ones I've seen don't seem to have the right (M16) thread to accept the sensor.
Does anyone have a link to one which they have used or know which type will definitely work?
I just don't want to buy the wrong type.
I have considered drilling and tapping the block, but I'm really not keen on the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somersetdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 12:52   #4
roosie
L-plater

roosie is on a distinguished road

I have a set a nearly new AT Power ITBs which includes all pipes injectors etc, good price.
roosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2018, 13:04   #5
PirataSport

Car(s): 2002 Peugeot 106 1.4 Sport
PirataSport is on a distinguished road

My associate has the C2 engine in his phase 1 Saxo. We put in the whole engine with full saxo ph.1 electrics, installed a drive by wire throttle body (with an adapter in the manifold and another for the cable positioning) I don't remember what fuel rail it uses, but it currently runs standard c2 VTs injectors with fuel pres. regulator. I think you will have no problem connecting the injectors, we tried 3 different cables from different models and all worked, we put the original c2 one i think. It has the aluminum intake, but you might need to reinforce the engine mountings, since the intake may hit the firewall during engine shaking and deteriorate over time. I would reccomend also removing the water-oil exchanger, since it can lead to problems with exhaust headers fitment.
PirataSport is offline   Reply With Quote