Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 24th January 2008, 01:31   #1
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Astra Turbo, saxo vts, punto turbo
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Usb device

i am trying to connect my phone to my pc, i connected it and it came up with found new hardware please select drive location but i accidently clicked cancel. i restarted teh pc and pluged it back in but it wont come up askign for the driver any more. its windows xp

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
stevenet15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 01:36   #2
danmc
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): mk2 Vtr
danmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to all

Click start
Right click on my computer and click manage
then click device manager
you should see the usb lead with a yellow exclamation marrk next to it
right click on it and click update drivers
job done mate
Old 24th January 2008, 01:40   #3
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmc View Post
Click start
Right click on my computer and click manage
then click device manager
you should see the usb lead with a yellow exclamation marrk next to it
right click on it and click update drivers
job done mate

no nothing in yellow or with a "!"

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
Old 24th January 2008, 01:44   #4
danmc
Infrequent Poster

danmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to alldanmc is a name known to all

mmm?.
Can you not find the device in there.
It has to be plugged in to come up in the list.
If it is and you can right click on it and click uninstall driver.
Then you should get the prompt to install drivers.
Old 24th January 2008, 01:52   #5
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmc View Post
mmm?.
Can you not find the device in there.
It has to be plugged in to come up in the list.
If it is and you can right click on it and click uninstall driver.
Then you should get the prompt to install drivers.
cant see it in there, and none are yellow or ! and i cant see any thing in the lists that relates to the phone or something usb faulty

Old 24th January 2008, 02:04   #6
gd16
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): S/c VT!?
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud of

Is the phone still plugged in whilst your looking at Device Manager?

Alternativly - if you've got a cd with the driver on, install the driver from the Cd. Then attach your phone to the USB cable and it should recognise it.
gd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 02:05   #7
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd16 View Post
Is the phone still plugged in whilst your looking at Device Manager?

Alternativly - if you've got a cd with the driver on, install the driver from the Cd. Then attach your phone to the USB cable and it should recognise it.
tried both,

first installed the cd then plugged in the phone and hit cancel while it was doing it

so removed it all and started again but now it wont pick up that its connected or let me install the driver

yeah looked at device manager with it still plugged in, tried takign it out, plugging back in, restarted it jsut wont pick it up now?

Old 24th January 2008, 02:11   #8
danmc
Infrequent Poster

All I can think of is a sytem restore then to before you first plugged it in.
Old 24th January 2008, 02:11   #9
gd16
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): S/c VT!?
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud ofgd16 has much to be proud of

Don't think this will work either - but worth a shot.

Right click on My Computer, select Properties. Click the Hardware tab, then 'Add Hardware wizard' and follow the instructions and see if that helps.

Does the phone show up anything when you connect the cable? Sounds daft - but try turning your phone off/on?
gd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 02:13   #10
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd16 View Post
Don't think this will work either - but worth a shot.

Right click on My Computer, select Properties. Click the Hardware tab, then 'Add Hardware wizard' and follow the instructions and see if that helps.

Does the phone show up anything when you connect the cable? Sounds daft - but try turning your phone off/on?

tried add hardware but it wants me to connect the phone which i do and it dont detect it ever since i accidently clicked cancel

Old 24th January 2008, 02:43   #11
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

found out the problem, my phone automatically goes into lock mode after 30secs if u havent pushed a button, this is the same for when u conect it to the pc if its n locked mode it wont allow it to connect