Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 31st August 2008, 21:28   #1
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Guide: Watermarking your photographs + Automation

Hi Everyone,

Here's a quick guide to watermark your photographs with a copyright - copyrighting is important particularly if you're sharing over the internet, placing a lightly opaque copyright image/text/logo over the image makes it difficult for a would-be photo-thief to edit the image or pass it off as their own.

Sooooo, here's a run down of how to do a basic watermarking and save your setup so that you can automate the process on future images to save time and maintain consistency.

Grab a photo - Made my sister take this so I could check lights were in the right position

Then select from the top 'Window > Actions'

This brings up the Actions Panel that will allow you to automate you watermarking process

In the Action Panel, press the 'Create New Action'

From this point on WHATEVER YOU DO in Photoshop you'll record... so be careful or you'll have stop the recording and delete what entry it's recorded

Select the Horizontal Type Tool on the left hand pane.

This will enable you to write specific text on your photo - like a watermark!

Click on the image and begin to type - then press the Enter key next to the numeric keypad (not the other Enter, that'll create a new paragraph!)
NOTE: if you want the Copyright Logo (©) then hold down the Alt key and enter the number '0169'

Notice once you're done you will have created a 'Layer' on the bottom right hand side pane. Notice that the lettering is a bit small and bit naff...

So what now we'll transform the text (change the size) and move it's position. Press Ctrl+T, this will bring up a box around your text.

By resting your pointer over one of the corners of the box you can now click and drag the text to adjust it's size

Once you're happy with the size, press Enter

Now let's position the text in a better area.

Press Ctrl+T again. Then place the pointer inside the box around the text then click and drag the text to where you want it, then press enter.

Done.

Now you have several option available to you. If you're happy with this simple Watermark then press STOP on the Actions Panel. Now when you want to Watermark and image simply select the action (which I called 'My Watermark') then press the Play button. And it's done near instantly.

Or we can jazz up the text a bit...

In the bottom right hand corner we have the Layers Panel. Making sure the Text Layer is highlighted, press the 'Add Layer Style' at the bottom of the panel ('fx' logo).

You'll now be presented with several options - I'm going to a single effect, Bevel and Emboss. But you can combine as many of these as you wish - Just follow the steps below.

This will bring up the Layers Style, you'll notice the same options as you were given when you press the 'Add Layer Style' button, but with your selection highlighted and with a check in the checkbox.

You've got loads of options under each one and I can't really go into all the options, but it's straight forward and if you have a play you can see what is actually changing so play around until you find something you're happy with. Click 'OK' when you're done.

Now to finish it off you can make it slightly opaque... In the Layers Panel (Bottom Right Corner), make sure your Text Layer is still selected/highlighted. Then 'Opacity' Box and drag the slider away from 100% until you have a depth of transparency that you're happy with.

And it's done, make you stop your Action Recording. Then for future images press the Play button to repeat process and save you time.

Go File > Save As and save the image as a JPG and it's ready to go to the web.

Cheers

Ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Barry123 For This Useful Post:
Old 1st September 2008, 07:53   #2
oz_bornep
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Octavia Estate - Silver Skoda Fabia VRS - L
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!oz_borne is a great team player!

Nice one dude, very explanatory.........

How about the little black border that people get with the camera info date etc....

Old 1st September 2008, 10:00   #3
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!
Default Border

Nice one Sayer!

Here you go Oz, i guide for bordering. Im sure its been done a million times lol

Open up a Picture, open up the actions palette, create new action:

Then Select the square Marquee tool, and highlight select the picture:

Then go to Edit, and Stroke:

Select border colour, and size:

Click ok and your done. Stop recording the Action and save the picture.

Before:

After:
Old 1st September 2008, 10:38   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

nice one matt! saved me a job
Old 1st September 2008, 10:52   #5
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
nice one matt! saved me a job
Thought i'd help you out dude! Since you have done a lot for me i thought i would do something for you lol.

Building up a decent amount of guides now! Still cant work out the hair colour and BG changing one you was talking about in your thread of your sister.
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:37   #6
Matto
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Mk2 Golf
Matto is just really niceMatto is just really niceMatto is just really niceMatto is just really niceMatto is just really nice

Thanks for the tutorials Sayer and Matt!

Do you know of any guides that explain how to do a batch of resizing,watermarking and saving as a jpeg from Raw files?

Atm I have to import them all to Lightroom, then export them all as jpegs, then open them all in CS3 and add the watermark to each and then save it. Pain in the arse and takes to long.
Matto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:44   #7
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto View Post
Thanks for the tutorials Sayer and Matt!

Do you know of any guides that explain how to do a batch of resizing,watermarking and saving as a jpeg from Raw files?

Atm I have to import them all to Lightroom, then export them all as jpegs, then open them all in CS3 and add the watermark to each and then save it. Pain in the arse and takes to long.
I actually do that man lol

Although I understand you can directly watermark in LR

Batch resizing is easy...
Open an image
Start a new action (Record)
Resize the image to the desired amount
stop the action

and there you
Old 3rd September 2008, 16:46   #8
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Soooo how would the watermark thing work on GIMP? Can't find how you can make it automatic instead of doing it on every image one by one
kristel10589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 11:34   #9
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

top guide.
downloading photoshop just to do this
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 12:52   #10
Amiee
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): I.Car Mango Westcoast II.Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!

Good Guide Ads Will come in usefull if I ever get Photoshop sorted on me pc lol
u need a bag on her head to fuck it tbh
Amiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 18:40   #11
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

cheers gang
Old 21st November 2008, 20:44   #12
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

thanks ads
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 19:09   #13
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

how do i go about batch watermarking etc in photoshop? I've got the watermarking sorted (assigned to a macro key on my keyboard ) Is there any way of batch processing in CS4?
Old 17th December 2008, 21:17   #14
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
how do i go about batch watermarking etc in photoshop? I've got the watermarking sorted (assigned to a macro key on my keyboard ) Is there any way of batch processing in CS4?
File> Automate> Batch

choose the appropriate Action
The Following User Says Thank You to Barry123 For This Useful Post:
Old 17th December 2008, 21:28   #15
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

really good guides there

all i do use the normal text and change the opacity
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 16:51   #16
Shellz
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 206 Quicksilver
Shellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant future

Both really helpful!

Thanks!!
Old 4th May 2009, 01:54   #17
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

is there any chance someone could repeat Adam's guide but with CS4? and also to show how to but borders on.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 11:09   #18
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Version Très Sportive
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
danzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team member

watermark doesn't work for me.
Old 28th February 2010, 13:54   #19
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

your hair is awesome lol
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote