Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 3rd March 2010, 21:55   #1
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Seat Leon
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!
Default Confused..

I'm not too concerned about my weight to be honest, I just want to loose some moobs and a tiny bit of weight but more want to tone. I've spoke to a few people and they said I should read up on protein shakes? I thought they were used to bulk you up if you're a skinny mofo wanting to get buff jaa?

Gyming it from next week but as said not really out to loose weight as im quite happy apart from the parts i want to loose

See what i thought was i just do the right excercises to loose the moobs and baggage on the stomach

Last edited by MrHouston; 3rd March 2010 at 22:08.
MrHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:03   #2
SaxoVTR2008
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Yamaha R1
SaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these parts

I dont think protein shakes do anything.. accept help repair your muscles after working out.. Run, if you wanna lose it on your chest and stomach.. Run, swim, circuit training..
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:05   #3
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): I like Bikes now 👍🏻
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Maxamus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHouston View Post
I'm not too concerned about my weight to be honest, I just want to looks some moobs and a tiny bit of weight but more want to tone. I've spoke to a few people and they said I should read up on protein shakes? I thought they were used to bulk you up if you're a skinny mofo wanting to get buff jaa?

Gyming it from next week but as said not really out to loose weight as im quite happy apart from the parts i want to loose

See what i thought was i just do the right excercises to loose the moobs and baggage on the stomach
In the same situation mate! id also like to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Maxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:11   #4
Saxo-SX
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Saxo-SX is on a distinguished road

Protein shakes are fine to take if you are trying to lose weight / tone, as they aid muscle growth, not fat. Its the weight gainers that "bulk" you up.

Also you wont be able to target fat loss from just one area, so you wont just lose the moobs/baggage, you'll loose weight from all over your body.

I belive there are a few supplements which aid weight loss which people recommend highly. I personally carnt make any supplement recommendations but if you look around other threads or have a browse of www.muscletalk.co.uk you should get some ideas there.

I'd do some weight training to keep the bulk up, whilst doing a bit of cardio to burn the fat

Last edited by Saxo-SX; 3rd March 2010 at 22:17.
Saxo-SX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saxo-SX For This Useful Post:
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:13   #5
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!MrHouston is absolutely fabulous!

Ah that makes sense now thanks

Quote:
I'd do some weight training to keep the bulk up, whilst doing a bit of cardio to burn the fat
That was my plan =D
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:13   #6
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Also, reccomended protein shakes? Pref nice ones... >.<
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:20   #7
SaxoVTR2008
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Yamaha R1
SaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these parts

I wouldn't get any protein shakes.. you don't need them, just eat right.. The amount you spend on protein shakes per month you could be spending on eating say steak and getting the same amount or more..
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:22   #8
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

You want to do loads of cardio and you want a healthy diet.

No beer, cheese, crappy fats, obvious stuff.

Get a nice variety of fresh fruit and veg aswell.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:29   #9
AshC
Established Member

Car(s): MG ZR...
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
AshC will become famous soon enough

I you want protein shakes. Have a look on http://www.myprotein.co.uk/ Cheap but still pretty good. Someone on here has a discount code but cant remember who it was...

EDIT: Saxo-SX has the code in his sig...

Last edited by AshC; 3rd March 2010 at 22:34.
AshC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 00:56   #10
DusheR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 16v VTR + Nitrous
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
DusheR is on a distinguished road

Do cardio, and get yourself weight training at the gym. Bike an exercise bike from argos, do 30 mins a day in the house.

Clean diet and bingo, you will be ripped.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:39   #11
666saxo666
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
666saxo666 is on a distinguished road

the my protein shakes taste heaven, get vanilla or banana... also try creatin ethyl ester, another interesting fact is that drinkin loads of water burns around 200 calories a day (doesnt sound much but it is). it burns calories because the water enters the body at say 2 degrees and the body has to raise the temp to 37 degrees for wen you piss it out, this effort burns bout 200 calories,
dont drink too much though because quite a few people have taken this to the extreme and killed themselves by drownin internally.......
666saxo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 11:40   #12
666saxo666
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
666saxo666 is on a distinguished road

mr houston i think you live near me, i live on the wirral.. was just wondering what gym you joined .?
666saxo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:59   #13
MrHoustonp
Saxperience Post Whore

Not yet but when I get paid the 24 hour gym in Liverpool 1. It's on my way to work so would get me going in, £15 a month, no contract, can cancel whenever you want

http://www.thegymgroup.com/gyms/liverpool/