Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 18th May 2010, 21:20   #1
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 2x 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team member
Post Gaining weight

I have started back at the gym recently intending to bulk up a bit. I have read the threads on here about gaining weight before but I want to know what specific things I should eat to put on weight. I do not get time in the day to cook or prepare big meals. I am 5"9 tall and weigh 9 stone 11lbs but I want to gain about another stone. I am not a guy who can gain weight very easily. I am going to the gym twice a week but I don't have time to fit in more gym sessions around work and can't afford it.

When I go to the gym I spend 2-3 hours on weights and try to take short breaks in between sets. I get tired/bored of it quickly though. I do low reps and high weight iirc this is better for muscle building than doing loads of reps and cardio. I chug down a pint of milk after workout I heard this was good for weight gain and drink plenty of water 2/2.5 litres a day (I know water doesn't do anything for weight gain).

I will post up my diet below (what I eat on a typical day) let me know any recommendations etc

Breakfast

2 slices toast
2 weetabix
cereal bar
2 cups of water

lunch (at work)

4 sandwiches
ginsters cornish pasty
packet of crisps
mars bar
bottle of water

Dinner

whatever I get given but

slice of chicken
chips
mixed veg
apple
fruit juice and water

9pm snack lol

cookies/iced buns/cake, few cans of beer whatever tbh or go down subway for a 1ft long sandwich
SaxoJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 23:39   #2
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): 53 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Well I would say that the 9pm is something i certainly wouldn't be doing. Subways especially. If you need something like that have it earlier in the day. You also wanna be adding another two meals on top of that spread across the day if you want a good bulk
Crunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 00:12   #3
SaxoJamie
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 2x 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team memberSaxoJamie is a well respected team member

I get really hungry in the evening as I don't get chance to eat much in the daytime as I'm always busy with something. I am thinking about taking weight gain supplements to go in place of one of the meals either side of lunch etc but don't know much about them. I'm going to try and squeeze in some more training but as said I lose motivation quickly.
SaxoJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 09:30   #4
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gordi will become famous soon enough

try something like this

8am – 3 eggs (scrambled), 25g Cheese, Black pepper on a slice of whole meal toast / 3poached eggs with whole meal bread inc glass of milk.

11am - Protein shake with oats (from myprotein.co.uk)

12.30pm - tuna mayo tostie on whole meal bread and fruit salad / jacket potato with beans cheese and salad inc piece of fruit.

03.30pm - Beef jerky / Cottage Cheese /Nuts or Can of Tuna.

pre gym – Protein shake with oats (from myprotein.co.uk) + creatine CEE caps

post gym – Protein shake + Creatine CEE caps

evening meal - salmon fillets with veg and potato / steak / chicken stir-fry / fish pie with wedges inc veg / spinach.

before bed - cup of herbal tea and some cottage cheese or quork.

the / is a OR by just so you dont think i mean have all that stuff. all you would need to get is some protein, Creatine CEE and some Oats all from my protein.

also 2-3 hours in the gym.. you want to be in the for 45-50minutes max 3 times a week mate, i know you said you cant get there more than twice but try and get there 1extra time and try somethign like this:

MON

Wide Grip Pullups 3x12 TO WARM UP
Barbell Row 4x6reps
Close Grip Chinups 4x6reps
Deadlift 4x6reps
Barbell Curls 4x6reps
Preacher Curls 4x6reps
ABS

Cardio – 20mins Rowing Machine
10mins Cross Trainer

WED

Incline Chest Press 4x6reps
Flat Chest Press 4x6reps
Dumbbell Fly’s 4x6reps
Shoulder Press 4x6reps
Lateral Raise 4x6reps
Triceps Pull downs 4x6reps
Triceps Dips 4x6reps
ABS

FRIDAY

Barbell Squats 4x6reps
Leg Press 4x6reps
Leg Curl 4x6reps
Weighted Crunches 3x12reps
Hanging Leg Raises 3x12reps
Barbell Roll Out 3x12reps

20mins Bag Work
Old 19th May 2010, 21:58   #5
vtrlogan
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mantis Blue VTR
iTrader Score: 15 (94%)
vtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud of

Tbh mate i was the same as you, i just went to the gym as much as i could stuck to heavy weights, tryed to avoid cardio apart from sports ect.. and just got a decent weight gainer and a protein shake,

weight gainer in the morning, protein about hour befor training then weight gainer straight after training, and ive added about 14kg on now in about 6months.. try eat as best as you can and as much as you can.. doesnt have to be fully healthy just try get alot down you.. avoid chocalate ect tho pasta, rice all meats.. fish.. ect ect..

if you want a fast gainer then get mutant mass.. what im getting next. mates been on it 2 weeks and already added 3.5kg..
vtrlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 09:23   #6
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtrlogan View Post
Tbh mate i was the same as you, i just went to the gym as much as i could stuck to heavy weights, tryed to avoid cardio apart from sports ect.. and just got a decent weight gainer and a protein shake,

weight gainer in the morning, protein about hour befor training then weight gainer straight after training, and ive added about 14kg on now in about 6months.. try eat as best as you can and as much as you can.. doesnt have to be fully healthy just try get alot down you.. avoid chocalate ect tho pasta, rice all meats.. fish.. ect ect..

if you want a fast gainer then get mutant mass.. what im getting next. mates been on it 2 weeks and already added 3.5kg..
for real? i was guna get some but thought it might just be poo
Old 20th May 2010, 11:29   #7
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordi View Post
Likewise. I may get some as I'm looking for a weight gainer to complete my stack.

Been emailing BBW and he recommended these.

- PVL Mutant Mass
- Boditronics Mass Attack
- Hyper strength Hyper gain

My stack so far:

- Gapasari Superpump 250
- Creatine Monohydrate (MP)
- ZMA
- Instant Oats
- BCAA Plus
Old 20th May 2010, 11:48   #8
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craddock View Post
Likewise. I may get some as I'm looking for a weight gainer to complete my stack.

Been emailing BBW and he recommended these.

- PVL Mutant Mass
- Boditronics Mass Attack
- Hyper strength Hyper gain

My stack so far:

- Gapasari Superpump 250
- Creatine Monohydrate (MP)
- ZMA
- Instant Oats
- BCAA Plus
Tis is why i like the PHD syneregy gear has BCAA, creatine mono, and test booster in it and glutamine so if i stack it with m,y stack below should be a winner

zma
Creatine CEE
cod liver oil
multi vit

think im onto a winner. spesh if i bulk the shakes up with oats and have maltrodextrin in fruit juice before and durin my workouts. this will give you mint kcals along side ur food obv aswel as all the right gear for building up starting on it all next week so
Old 20th May 2010, 12:02   #9
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Car(s): MK2 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
ricksimmonds can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordi View Post
yes its very good. unless you have quite a good metabolism or work very hard, there is a chance you will get fat. i put on 1/4 of a stone in 10 days, alot of that was on my belly! lol

p.s i was also eating tuna faster than tesco could put it on the shelves and i stank of fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
This just escalated to a whole new level of perversion. I like it.

Last edited by ricksimmonds; 20th May 2010 at 12:05.
ricksimmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 12:35   #10
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi Josh,

We would recommend the PVL Mutant Mass – you get a massive bag which lasts for ages. Nick who has tried it here in the office says you get really good gains on it too. J
Yeah I've got some COD Liver and some fine oats for my shakes. I hope I put on decent weight.
Starting next week also. We'll check each other with gains