Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 8th November 2014, 17:22   #1
Daremm
L-plater

Daremm is on a distinguished road
Default VTS Suspension and Exhaust Help

Hi,

Just purchased a Saxo VTS (many years since I owned botha series 1 and 2) and the car has been lowered (not sure which kit is fittted) and has had a aftermarket exhaust (again not sure which). I'm hoping to find out from my local garge on Tuesday when they get the car onthe ramps and do a full inspection.

The car is a 52plate, with only 38K genuine miles on the clock, full cream leather interior, FSH, been well looked after. Been fitted with 16" Team Dynamics Pro 1.2 (Black). The car is to be a daily driver and the intention is to maybe do some engine mods next year in the spring /summer. Brembo brakes fitted all round.

Thinking of either going for 15" Series 2 VTS alloys, or swapping to something silver in 16". I want the car to be fast, reliable and fun, but I also want to be able to hold a conversation with my nine year old daughter and not have my fillings shaken out.

Do I switch to a standard exhaust? Or are there any aftermarket ones which give performance gains without the excess noise - current one is way too loud above 3000rpm.

Also what about suspension? I want improved handling, but also want comfort. Car will not be going on a track. LAD used to do a fast road kit (I know how some people view LAD) but there suspension kit offered a good compromise between handling and comfort.

Recommendations most welcome. I don't want the throw money away and would rather sell the car on if nothing can do what I want - maybe I'm now too old for the VTS

Darren
Daremm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 18:25   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Have a gander on the kamracing website,or speak to the owner kev mate.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 17:58   #3
Daremm
L-plater

Daremm is on a distinguished road
Default Eibach 30mm Pro Spring or 50mm Sports Spring with Bilstein Dampers

Hi,

I'd be grateful if anyone can post pics of their VTS lowered either 30mm or 50mm. I've opted for Bilsteins with Eibach Sports Spring (50mm drop), but am unsure as to whether i've made the right choice.

I understand that the 30 and 50mm drops are the max for the Saxo and that the VTS being heavier, the drop will not be as much. Running 16" alloys, and was worried that 30mm drop would not be enough.

Car currently has a Koni kit (unsure as to how many mm this has lowered the car), but it is way to harsh!!!

Car will be road use only - no track stuff. Was possibly going to go back to 15" VTS wheels, but think will just go for a different 16" alloy from the Black Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's fitted.

I want to improve the looks, but also want handling and COMFORT.

Thanks,

Darren
Daremm is offline   Reply With Quote