Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 12th November 2014, 17:23   #1
vincent1
L-plater

vincent1 is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo Desire 1.1i

Hi just purchased a saxo 1.1i it seems to drive ok on the way home i noticed a knock over speed bumps just jacked it up and found the antiroll bar to lower arm bolts missing (one snapped one missing) so ive ordered a new lower arm are these easy to change and any idea what the bolt lengh/pitch i need for the antiroll bar mounting many thanks vince (new member joined today).
vincent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 18:24   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Pop into citroen main dealers for your bolts mate.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 18:34   #3
vincent1
L-plater

Is this a common issue on these to snap the bolts?
Old 12th November 2014, 23:10   #4
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2 16'v Saxo vtr's
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jack_Norris is on a distinguished road

Never heard of it being a common problem. Bolts are bound to wear out and come loose though the cars 10+ years old
Jack_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 23:25   #5
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

You mean the bolts from the ARB clamp to wishbone?

Yes, they do snap and it's pretty common. They're also a shit to line up. You need to jack up the whole front end to relieve the tension.

To make things easier, I used nyloc nuts and long bolts (70mm) and drilled the thread out the lower arm. That way, they'll never seize into the arm or snap in the arm and be stuck.
Old 13th November 2014, 10:25   #6
vincent1
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
You mean the bolts from the ARB clamp to wishbone?

Yes, they do snap and it's pretty common. They're also a shit to line up. You need to jack up the whole front end to relieve the tension.

To make things easier, I used nyloc nuts and long bolts (70mm) and drilled the thread out the lower arm. That way, they'll never seize into the arm or snap in the arm and be stuck.
yes thats the one the passengers side ok ive ordered a new arm for now and some bolts so as you say i will jack both front wheels up as this should help with realighment i persume the rear wishbone bolts are under the front carpet?

ive also noticed a clunk on taking up drive i persume this is drive shaft issues as i also see it has new gaitors fitted and a very slight clicking noise on cornering. Do 106 drive shafts fit the saxo? as i see loads on ebay for a 106 but not many listed for a saxo.
Old 13th November 2014, 17:35   #7
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent1 View Post
yes thats the one the passengers side ok ive ordered a new arm for now and some bolts so as you say i will jack both front wheels up as this should help with realighment i persume the rear wishbone bolts are under the front carpet?

ive also noticed a clunk on taking up drive i persume this is drive shaft issues as i also see it has new gaitors fitted and a very slight clicking noise on cornering. Do 106 drive shafts fit the saxo? as i see loads on ebay for a 106 but not many listed for a saxo.
Yes 106 shafts will fit, BUT as with saxos too, there are 2 types.

Tapered and non tapered. Post a picture of your hub nut.

Yeah, the wishbone bolts for the rear bush, you have to peel back the carpet.

Clunk on taking up drive could be the wishbone nuts not torqued correctly. those ones under the carpet, or the shafts/gearbox backlash.
Old 13th November 2014, 18:05   #8
vincent1
L-plater

Any idea of the torque settings for the rear bush and also the pinch bolt on the ball joint. im certain its the drive shafts as the cv s click on full lock too.
Old 15th November 2014, 00:35   #9
konark
L-plater

Car(s): 2002 Desire 1.1 Posi Blue
konark is on a distinguished road

The rear bolts under the carpet are 40NM/30lbft which isn't very tight; you risk cross-threading the bolt if you attempt to overtighten.

The clamp bolt on the balljoint is 38NM/28lbft, the nut goes to the rear.

The large throughbolt is 85NM/64lbft.
konark is offline   Reply With Quote