Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 28th June 2008, 12:40   #21
smittytom
Established Member

Car(s): 1)Posi Blue Westie 2)172
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
smittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyPrigmore View Post
not true allways.. set up the gain correctly, and no clipped signal will be sent

Rms figures are often something like "50-300watts" so you can power it anywhere within that.. it doesnt have to be 300 or more
i know but its better to have more power and not use it rather than squishing every bit of power you can out of a smaller amp. Audio doesn't operate best at full level there needs to be headroom
smittytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 13:28   #22
icecold

icecold is infamous around these parts

ah, i never said use a small amp, use the biggest u can get, but most twats just turn the amp up to 'MAX' and you will damage your equipment, if you have 1 300W RMS Sub and a 600W Amp, dont run the amp at max, dont run the amp at half way, run the amp at just under half way, coz you know half way is 300W Bridged, and 300W is the subs RMS, and you know that there is an increase of current to your amp from the head unit, which is probably only between 2 and 5 watts, but that gets multiplyed in the amp, and your "Gain" on your amp is not "volume" it is a veriable resistor which sets the ratio of aplification. and most people dont understand the workings of an amp all they know is "it makes it louder" and "if i turn it up it will sound better" which is not the case at all.

Most people either get the "knollage" from a magazeen or something like that, or 'a mate tells them something' and most of it is infact bull.
icecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 14:37   #23
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold View Post
ah, i never said use a small amp, use the biggest u can get, but most twats just turn the amp up to 'MAX' and you will damage your equipment, if you have 1 300W RMS Sub and a 600W Amp, dont run the amp at max, dont run the amp at half way, run the amp at just under half way, coz you know half way is 300W Bridged, and 300W is the subs RMS, and you know that there is an increase of current to your amp from the head unit, which is probably only between 2 and 5 watts, but that gets multiplyed in the amp, and your "Gain" on your amp is not "volume" it is a veriable resistor which sets the ratio of aplification. and most people dont understand the workings of an amp all they know is "it makes it louder" and "if i turn it up it will sound better" which is not the case at all.

Most people either get the "knollage" from a magazeen or something like that, or 'a mate tells them something' and most of it is infact bull.
allready been explained: lol

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=141577

and read that too:

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28317
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 15:32   #24
icecold

So why is everyone a 6x9 hater? they work, sound good (if tuned right). the only problem is most people dont amp them, or tune them. do it right, n they are the cherry on the cake.
Old 28th June 2008, 15:34   #25
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
So why is everyone a 6x9 hater? they work, sound good (if tuned right). the only problem is most people dont amp them, or tune them. do it right, n they are the cherry on the cake.
with a sub.. in a small car.. they sound shite mate.. comps up front, and a sub in the boot (both off amps) is a great setup in a small car like a saxo
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 28th June 2008, 15:48   #26
icecold

i tell ya, u listen to my set up, u'd take it back lol

yes you dont need them, but they can sound good
Old 28th June 2008, 15:50   #27
icecold

take a look at my set up on the newbie forum
Old 28th June 2008, 15:55   #28
smittytom
Established Member

Car(s): 1)Posi Blue Westie 2)172
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
smittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud of

With regards to your set - up you must be getting phase cancellation if you have not reversed the correct signals and from both your subs and your 6x9's sat on top of them also. Having your 6x9 also is dragging the stereo image too the back of the car,
smittytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 15:58   #29
icecold

no there is no cancellation, seperate enclosurs, n the 6x9s are just tweeters/high mid
Old 28th June 2008, 16:06   #30
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
no there is no cancellation, seperate enclosurs, n the 6x9s are just tweeters/high mid
your 6x9s are in seperate enclosures?

if so thats got to be better than in parcel shelf, sub wont be able to push the air too much around them causing them to distort..

however i still beleive comps up front and sub in rear is more than good enough in a small car..

a few of my mates have 6x9s and theyre horrible..

plus.. how many competition level audio cars have you seen with 6x9s in them? lol

EDIT: just saw the pic in the newbies forum.. your 6x9s are directly over the subs.. ohhh thats going to sound horrible imo
Quote:

Last edited by Ashleyp; 28th June 2008 at 16:08.
Old 28th June 2008, 17:13   #31
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

Car(s): mk1 saxo 1.1i SX
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
richie_boy88 will become famous soon enough

lol omg i dont know what to do!! this is a bitchy thread innit, i think al stick to comps up front and sub's up back, im not to sure but this is probly a stupid question like but if i had two subs in seprate enclosers would this ruin the sound? id be running both off the same amp aswell, do i run it full belt or half way and how much gain do i give it?
richie_boy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 17:18   #32
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

gain should be matched to the headunits power.. if you dont know this.. then read CSVTRS's sticky "advice on power ratings" he explains about the gain setting in there

most people say how "listen how loud my sub is, and gains only on half way" it makes it louder, but in a bad way - distortion occurs

i dont think 2 seperate enclosures would affect sound atall, so long as running off same amp i think itll be fine (and providing both boxes are the same size)

comps up front, and a sub in boot is by far the best option in a saxo.. if you dont beleive me, ask pred, coonper, csvtr, rkaudio etc, etc...

6x9s are shite chavvy things. everyone on here that used to have 6x9s, and has now took them out says how much better it sounds
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:19   #33
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

This icecold character is a bit of goon i wreckon...

He refers to setting up the sub correctly, yet he seems to have no idea how to do so... haha!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 17:20   #34
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
This icecold character is a bit of goon i wreckon...

He refers to setting up the sub correctly, yet he seems to have no idea how to do so... haha!
lol.. ive had the same thought mate.. check his thread in the newbie section and look at his set up

6x9s directly above the subs.... mmm distortion
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:21   #35
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

oryt il check out his thread, one more question lol is audiobahn a good make? thanks for the advice m8
Old 28th June 2008, 17:22   #36
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

lol claws at 10 paces lmao
Old 28th June 2008, 17:24   #37
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_boy88 View Post
oryt il check out his thread, one more question lol is audiobahn a good make? thanks for the advice m8
my mate has 2 audiobahn subs.. i dont go in his car for that reason

i thought they were a respectable make.. but those subs sound shite tbh
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:28   #38
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Just checked out his equipent!

What a fuckin shambles! Lmao!

Hes got a power cap, which serves no purpose, other than draining the electrical system of the car to feed the amp!

My version of a power cap is 0 gauge cabling from my optima yellow top, into a split charge realy into my second battery, then 2 runs of 0 gauge into my amps!! Much better!

Then look at his sub boxes!! Haha! I bet he's getting the best out of the subs in those 0.2cuft enclsoures!! Laughable!!

Then dont get me onto the 6x9's... Tut tut...
Old 28th June 2008, 17:30   #39
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Audiobahn do make some pretty good gear. Although they often concerntrate on making them look prettier than they sound, so for that reason they are not on my wish list...

But if you can get them for a good price, then yer, theyre good!
Old 28th June 2008, 17:30   #40
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

ok, i dont want to sound like a co*k but i want someting abit flashy tbh, i was going to reverse mount one of them. this wouldnt make a difference to the sound would it. what would you recomend? price aint an issue