Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 5th July 2008, 21:55   #41
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyPrigmore View Post
are those 6x9s coonper!?!?!
Yes mate they are! Laughable tbh!

They were in the car when i bought it. Just perched on the shelf! Not even screwed in, with the speaker cable wrapped around the voice coil cable cus the terminals have snapped!! Haha!

Here they are...

Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 22:21   #42
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

Car(s): audi a3
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
saxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the rough

12? 12!!?? 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

its a 15 bigbeast!!! need money for a box n that. will defo have to show you tit when its all up and running mate.! will update thread when i get some more stuff
Old 5th July 2008, 22:23   #43
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_bigbass View Post
12? 12!!?? 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

its a 15 bigbeast!!! need money for a box n that. will defo have to show you tit when its all up and running mate.! will update thread when i get some more stuff
You might well have the "biggest bass", but you sure aint gonna have the "biggest power to weight"! Lol

Im a poet and i didnt know it!

Get some vids ftw!
Old 5th July 2008, 22:32   #44
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

saxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the rough

defo mate. if i get it in by august theres a sound off at peterborugh. im gonn enter it.

gona tune the box to 32hz or 35 though. or for more air should i do 28?
Old 5th July 2008, 22:48   #45
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
defo mate. if i get it in by august theres a sound off at peterborugh. im gonn enter it.

gona tune the box to 32hz or 35 though. or for more air should i do 28?
Well this determines exatly how the sub will sound!

If you want just pure SPL (volume) and nothing else then tune it for mid 40's.

But if you want it to have sound quality but still have a pretty high peak then low to mid 30's.

If you want it to move loads of air, flex your roof/doors/windscreen then tune it for mid to high 20's.

The choice is yours!

Personally i'd go for about 33hz. This way you can listen to it day on day out, its still gonna drop low, but its also gonna get good DB scores!
Old 5th July 2008, 22:57   #46
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

which car those 6x9s in coonper? the new one (cant remember, something jap i think?)

more importantly.. you keeping them in
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 23:04   #47
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
which car those 6x9s in coonper? the new one (cant remember, something jap i think?)

more importantly.. you keeping them in
The 6x9's are in a little suzuki baleno with a redtop engine!

Ive just been abusing them! Ive got them hooked up to my JBL amp and im pushing 600rms into each one! Lmao!

To be honest im fuckin impressed! They are SOO loud its unreal and they have taken the abuse really well! You wouldnt believe how much they can move! Lmao!

But to answer your question, NO, im not keeping them! Lol

However, you will be shocked to know that i am planning on putting a pair of 6x9's in some door pods, which will be staring you in the face, running off 200rms each!
Old 5th July 2008, 23:16   #48
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

door pods aint so bad though.. the enclosure will make them sound better

and no sub to destroy them

how the hell are they taking 600watts!!!!!!!! lol

and why not 3 way comps?
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 5th July 2008, 23:29   #49
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
door pods aint so bad though.. the enclosure will make them sound better

and no sub to destroy them

how the hell are they taking 600watts!!!!!!!! lol

and why not 3 way comps?
3 way comps just cost way too much money, and i wreckon that i can get these 6x9's to sound just as good as any other comps!

Im gonna make up double skinned 0.5cuft pods, using half inch thick MFD! Gonna stick some hertz speakers in there, and power them from my calibur 4 channel amp (120rms). And why waste 2 channels of my amp! So i plan to have 6.5" mids in the back to give me a nice bit of rear fill! These will be delayed by a few hundred miliseconds, to give the impression of being at a live gig with the sound deflecting off the rear walls of the stadium.
Old 6th July 2008, 14:44   #50
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

yh i understand nowmate. i f i tune it low will it give better db resulkts? want it flexin the car to bits really!! might tune it to 25- 28 hz. not as if you can really listen to this sub daily is it lol!
Old 6th July 2008, 18:27   #51
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

do you need this thing that goes

from alternator to battery, from engine to chasis,
from bat 2 chasis, and then from bat to the boot?

someone sed i need this or i wontchrage battery
Old 6th July 2008, 18:51   #52
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
do you need this thing that goes

from alternator to battery, from engine to chasis,
from bat 2 chasis, and then from bat to the boot?

someone sed i need this or i wontchrage battery
yeah its called the big3

it is reccomended by many. bigger wire just to free up the restrictiveness of standard car wiring

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...wg-p-6066.html

something like this
Quote:
Old 6th July 2008, 21:13   #53
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
yh i understand nowmate. i f i tune it low will it give better db resulkts? want it flexin the car to bits really!! might tune it to 25- 28 hz. not as if you can really listen to this sub daily is it lol!
No, you get more SPL at higher frequencies, often in the mid 40's.

But if you like low, hard hitting, wobbly bass then tune it to under 30hz.

If you tuned it to between 30 and 3 hertz it would be okay to listen to daily and it will have some quality about it.
Old 7th July 2008, 00:09   #54
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

stuck on what 2 do coonper lol. want to be high in decibels but be loads of air as well lol. and flex the windscreen etc. u think 30hz will even it out lol. u think this sub will even flex the window at 2500rms?
Old 7th July 2008, 00:11   #55
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

and cheers ash for the link.i get it noiw
Old 7th July 2008, 07:55   #56
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

If you tune to 33-34 hz you get a bit of everything!

It will sound good, and you will be able to listen to it all the time.

It will still get good spl results

It will still drop well. Obviously not as well as if it were tuned lower, but still, it will be loud enough when its low!
Old 7th July 2008, 22:33   #57
Alarming_Sounds
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): BMW 325i sport e46
Alarming_Sounds will become famous soon enough

the HCCA range of subs are great LINK........... I was at a trade show at the start of the year and Diredted had a demo van with 4 15s in and you could not see a thing when sitting in it with ear protection on. Great choice mate. Defo a slot ported box tuned to 33hz. I have the orion westcoat (not the cheap stuff) that are 100wrms and i have them bridged @ 2ohms running well over well over 100wrms on an old precision power pc4100 amp and they sound great and i have not problems with them.
Alarming_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 22:41   #58
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

That video doesnt mean shit though mate!

Both subs were taking the same power, and the JL was moving much more than the orion, which proves that the JL is more efficient and requires less power to get it moving than the HCCA, which needs bags of power to make it move!
Old 8th July 2008, 01:18   #59
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

im goona tune mine to 28hz. i want raw low bass. well basicaly i want the car to be flexed to peices as im thinkin of saving up for a nissan 200sx for when i reach 20. and use this as a sound car.

coonper if i get all the gadgets box etc how much will you charge to fix it all in? to run it at 2500rms!
Old 8th July 2008, 10:31   #60
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
im goona tune mine to 28hz. i want raw low bass. well basicaly i want the car to be flexed to peices as im thinkin of saving up for a nissan 200sx for when i reach 20. and use this as a sound car.

coonper if i get all the gadgets box etc how much will you charge to fix it all in? to run it at 2500rms!
28hz will be very low and wobbly! Your mirrors, windows, roof, door panels etc etc are gonna be rippling like mad! Lol

I wouldnt charge you mate. Just buy me pint!

Could you not get ashley to do it for you, or even do it yourself?