Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 31st July 2008, 19:49   #61
McBain
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vts
McBain will become famous soon enough

Make sure then when you take the amp to be tested in the shop they use a common ground for the amp and headunit.

If there is a voltage present on the RCA ground, at some point it will need to be connected to its relevant source ground for current to flow (as in your possible short circuit situation).

Having a seperate ground for the hu leaves no return path for the current, hence no short. However it could be possible for the current to flow back through the other RCA ground if they're common.

Did you try putting you're multimeter between the RCA ground and the power ground (with RCAs disconnected) to check for a voltage?

Good luck, Stu.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 22:23   #62
Oroblram
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): Renault Clio 200 Cup
Oroblram is a jewel in the roughOroblram is a jewel in the roughOroblram is a jewel in the roughOroblram is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Make sure then when you take the amp to be tested in the shop they use a common ground for the amp and headunit.

If there is a voltage present on the RCA ground, at some point it will need to be connected to its relevant source ground for current to flow (as in your possible short circuit situation).

Having a seperate ground for the hu leaves no return path for the current, hence no short. However it could be possible for the current to flow back through the other RCA ground if they're common.

Did you try putting you're multimeter between the RCA ground and the power ground (with RCAs disconnected) to check for a voltage?

Good luck, Stu.
I didn't get chance before I took it back to the shop and got a WORKING replacement!

WOO!!

I believe that was the issue thou.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:24   #63
Oroblram
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

Oroblram is a jewel in the roughOroblram is a jewel in the roughOroblram is a jewel in the roughOroblram is a jewel in the rough

I would like to say a huge thanks to everybody that has helped me over the past few days!

Rep's all round

Now for the next problem lol!

Last edited by Oroblram; 31st July 2008 at 22:31.
Oroblram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 01:59   #64
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

told ya the amp was FUBAR
Old 1st August 2008, 05:19   #65
McBain
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vts
McBain will become famous soon enough

Cool and the gang
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:10   #66
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Good good!

You ought to sew vibe for all you're time, effort and RCA leads! Lol
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 12:41   #67
Oroblram
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Good good!

You ought to sew vibe for all you're time, effort and RCA leads! Lol
I'm just glad I have a working sub now