Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 9th September 2008, 09:44   #21
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
sounds like a pure SPL system to me..
ash you recon i will get good SQ with 2 of those subs and the jbl amp? until turned right up?
theres no point having it just to turn it down quiet and attempt an SQ set up..

personally would rather go for a lesser powerful amp

ill keep bugging coonper to come back on and give some advice

allthough hes an SPL freak nowadays too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 09:47   #22
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

ive signed up, ill get on there.

where is he these days???

hmmm, not sure now then..i might just go for the 2 subs with the jbl amp and have it pumping pure SPL lol.
Old 9th September 2008, 09:51   #23
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
ive signed up, ill get on there.

where is he these days???

hmmm, not sure now then..i might just go for the 2 subs with the jbl amp and have it pumping pure SPL lol.
hes beeing gay and is on the mr2 owners forum lol

up to you as your set up obv lol.. with the jbl amp and couple of spl subs youd have a quality SPL set up at a pretty cheap price!

if your going to go for all out SPL though id take a look at this

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...d1-p-6415.html

this is the dual 1ohm version, so would be wired up at 2ohms

you could go for the dual2ohm version and wire it at 1ohm to get more powaazz, but im not sure if the jbl amp is 1ohm stable
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 9th September 2008, 10:07   #24
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

jesus, 1500w rms that 15" one. ill pass on that one, i was hoping to get a bit of SQ with the jbl amp and the subs you shown me but doesnt look that way..
Old 9th September 2008, 10:09   #25
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
jesus, 1500w rms that 15" one. ill pass on that one, i was hoping to get a bit of SQ with the jbl amp and the subs you shown me but doesnt look that way..
lol no 15" then ? lol

the 10"s will have good sq, but in a system i think 2 of them would not lose SQ themselves, but the system as a whole would be harder to EQ to provide a good sound quality

not sure if that makes sence, i was typing and hoped it would make sence lol
Quote:
Old 9th September 2008, 10:10   #26
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Hi mate!

You have a few options if you are after over 1kw rms.

Heres a few to consider...

JBL 14001E

Vibe Monobox 4

Fusion monoblock

Dont be put off by the stigma which fusion has attatched to it. They make very good gear!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 10:11   #27
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

look whos back lol
Quote:
Old 9th September 2008, 10:13   #28
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

As it goes, if you are after a good sub, buy my 12" soundstream!

Its rated at 900rms and plays very nice SQ, but also goes very loud! 145db's to be precise!! £80 and its yours with the box!
Old 9th September 2008, 10:20   #29
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

piccies?? is the box a custom jobby?
Old 9th September 2008, 10:51   #30
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
piccies?? is the box a custom jobby?
Yes mate, 2.5cuft tuned to 30hz, so ultimately very nice quality, drops very nicely and is bloody loud!!!

Check this thread, and watch the video!

My Sub For Sale
Old 9th September 2008, 10:52   #31
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

im not after 1000w rms btw, i just seen that the jbl produces over that for a very low price, so thought i may aswel go for it..
i want a good loud setup which will have good SQ and also good SPL.. so a mixture of the both really. any ideas?

i dont think i could have that sub of yours the box is hugee, its not that, its the fact that it ruined your windscreen lmao. i would be rather scared of the thing.

Last edited by DJDannyB; 9th September 2008 at 10:56.
DJDannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 10:59   #32
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

If you use your common sense and just open a window when its on full chat then you will be okay! Lol!

You're not gonna get a better sub for the money mate, and i can honestly say you are not gonna get better quality! That sub is over £300 new and im letting you have it for £80 with a box!!! Argh! Lol!

The box is a perfect size for a saxo mate
Old 9th September 2008, 11:01   #33
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

yeah true it is a bargain!! what size is the beast ? 15" ? what amp will i need to power it up?

oh and another thing, i wanted to have a corner type box like predetors covered with faux leather, will this not be possible becuase it will have to be hugeee ?

Last edited by DJDannyB; 9th September 2008 at 11:04.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:04   #34
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
yeah true it is a bargain!! what size is the beast ? 15" ? what amp will i need to power it up?
Nah, its only a 12" mate.

It will happily run off 600rms as it is pretty efficient, but you want to get 1kw up its arse ideally! Then it starts to move!
Old 9th September 2008, 11:13   #35
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

ar cool 12s more the size i was looking for, well either 10 or 12..
what will that new jbl amp pump into it then?
and would it not be possible to have one of those boxes like pred?
Old 9th September 2008, 11:17   #36
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
ar cool 12s more the size i was looking for, well either 10 or 12..
what will that new jbl amp pump into it then?
and would it not be possible to have one of those boxes like pred?
In all honesty mate, with no offence to pred, those boxes are pretty crap when it comes to sound quality.

If you want it to sound good then you simply dont put the sub in a little fibreglass box like that.

You could put it in a sealed box and make it a nicer shape and it would also be considerably smaller, although once you've gone ported you'll NEVER go back!

That JBL amp would put 1500rms into it, which is spot on for that sub tbh. In that video i had 1200rms into it, and it wasnt enough imo.

Its up to you mate, but £80 is a steal!
Old 9th September 2008, 11:19   #37
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

well it says on the spec of that amp that at 2 ohms it throws out 1500 rms but with a 14.4v supply, how the hell would i do that ? i take it the sub runs at 2 ohms?
Old 9th September 2008, 11:21   #38
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
well it says on the spec of that amp that at 2 ohms it throws out 1500 rms but with a 14.4v supply, how the hell would i do that ? i take it the sub runs at 2 ohms?
The Sub is dual 1 ohm, so wired in series (which is how it is currently wired) it will show a load of 2 ohms, so it will get the full 1500rms from the amp.

14.4 volts is what the charging system runs at when the engine is running. In my MR2 it runs at 15.4volts, so im getting even more out of my amps than the claimed figures! In my saxo i used to get a constant 13.8 volts even on full load, so you will be pretty dam close to the rated power claims.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:26   #39
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

So do i not need to do anything extra for it to power the amp? just the normal live from the battery to the amp?

if preds is no good, i like the look of furio al's aswel.. the one from the sticky with faux leather maybe i will be able to sit your box on an angle and cover it with faux leather?

this system would definatley kick my mates £130 fusion kit and my other mates Mutant kit

Last edited by DJDannyB; 9th September 2008 at 11:29.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:29   #40
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol the box takes up the whole boot danny

seriously. boot builds are for looks, not for good sound quality
Quote: