Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2006, 13:14   #101
gall34
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2003 Vtr
gall34 will become famous soon enough

its not about the 6x9s tho its components! i thought u would like to explain?
Old 5th December 2006, 13:17   #102
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

basically....companys bullshit about the ratings of their products, theloudest.co.uk to name one that bullshit about ratings of their products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Old 5th December 2006, 13:21   #103
gall34
Regular Poster

how do u know? have you had their power ratings tested of whatever yours tested to see if their accurate or are they so good that they are better than the ratings listed?
Old 5th December 2006, 13:26   #104
gall34
Regular Poster

anyway.. to conclude: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...d=theloudestuk - thats a good 5 and half thousand retards who seem to like theloudest's products, someone really should tell them!
Old 5th December 2006, 14:05   #105
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Right then tit face. I hope this explains why 6x9's are shite for a good system

When the people setting up the speakers at a gig set them up they always have the speakers facing you.

They have them at the side of the stage, on the side of the stage and hanging above the stage!

AS you can see if you stand like this your ears are not recieving the sound waves.

This is due to the way your ears are formed. You have the open bit to collect the sound waves at the front and the rear is shielded meaning you cannot hear so well as there is soemthing blocking the direct sound waves entering the ear.

When you go to a concert you stand like this.

This means that your ears are receiving the sound waves directley to your ears.

What im getting at is that you are saying that 6x9's are good, but they are not aiming at you from the front meaning you are not recieving the waves direct to your ears.

The reason so many people say that the best thing to have is some good quality speakers up front and a sub woofer. This is so the sub can handle the low down bass and the speakers can handle the higher range stuff, which will be pointed directley at you. Like the gig situation.

Hope this helps
Old 5th December 2006, 14:18   #106
uppitysi
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Elise
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
uppitysi is a splendid one to beholduppitysi is a splendid one to beholduppitysi is a splendid one to beholduppitysi is a splendid one to beholduppitysi is a splendid one to beholduppitysi is a splendid one to beholduppitysi is a splendid one to behold

:clap: a round of applause dan

That needed to be set, and that itself should be made a sticky!!
Old 5th December 2006, 14:42   #107
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppitysi View Post
:clap: a round of applause dan

That needed to be set, and that itself should be made a sticky!!
Cheers dude, the thing is from reading his other posts he won't listen. Oh well, you can only do so much without bludening him with a cat!

Old 5th December 2006, 14:48   #108
and123rew
Frequent Poster
South Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
and123rew is a jewel in the roughand123rew is a jewel in the roughand123rew is a jewel in the roughand123rew is a jewel in the rough

thats worth a rep danr, just for the amusing paint skills!

let alone putting him in his place. u owned him !
Old 5th December 2006, 14:49   #109
gall34
Regular Poster

r u taking the piss lol, obviously sound wouldn't go completely directly in to your ears if your facing the other way but do you not think a good 300watts is loud enough to travel around the car, even the shitty standard speakers do that you pleb. anyway the point was about the quality not just the 6x9s. each 2 his own
Old 5th December 2006, 14:59   #110
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gall34 View Post
r u taking the piss lol, obviously sound wouldn't go completely directly in to your ears if your facing the other way but do you not think a good 300watts is loud enough to travel around the car, even the shitty standard speakers do that you pleb. anyway the point was about the quality not just the 6x9s. each 2 his own
Yes but it would be reflecting from other surfaces. Which in turn would create a slight delay in the sound that is coming from your front speakers. Mate, i studied music technology for a year. I think i might know what im talking about.

As well as all the other people on this forum who know the truth about 6x9s. If the speakers are such amazing quality then why do they not cost much at all. If you say that they are just well priced why do alot of proffesional system builders not use these 'Great' speakers you claim they are. I have never seen these speakers being used in any kind of pro system so they must be pretty poor.

And, i'd just like to voice my opinion which im pretty sure would sum up what everyone thinks of you now.

Old 5th December 2006, 15:27   #111
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

are you an artist dan

well put though mate

my for sale ad
Old 5th December 2006, 15:31   #112
gall34
Regular Poster

i never said their the greatest speakers that god put on this earth but you cant say other people are wrong just because your prefer the component and sub setup.. which is why there are thousands of people out there who prefer 6x9s, its not because they all dont know about this alternative they just dont like it. well we're all entitled to our own opinions..

Old 5th December 2006, 15:36   #113
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesslevtr View Post
are you an artist dan

well put though mate
I do try my best. I don't agree with using the likes of photoshop and that when i have such good skills in paint

By the way Gall, thanks for calling me a cunt mate.
Old 5th December 2006, 15:40   #114
gall34
Regular Poster

ah relax mate lol all us men have gotta believe we're right its in our nature! we'll just have 2 learn to tolerate it
Old 5th December 2006, 16:15   #115
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

This has made me piss myself. But it sounds like a challage to me

For a start speaker specs on a sheet mean next to nothing. The power handling of a speaker does not mean that its going to sound good or not

Gall34:they can say what they like lol.. just because someone is good at having a rant doesn't mean they are always correct, id bet a grands worth of subwoofers that hes the type of person known as the "never wrong" its just for jokes lads, but serious the quality of the speakers from theloudest are next to perfect and my joint favourite thing with cars is music so I know when im hearing shit quality or not

Make it a grand in cash + costs and I will make you look a proper tit at the any IASCA SQ Sound off next year (as long as I can get time off work and fit it around other stuff there will be at least 1 or 2 that I can make it to). Tell me how much your Loudest system cost in total. I will build and install a system for the same price or lower and we will enter them in to a sound off. Person with the most points wins and the loser pays the other £1000 in cash at the event plus the cost of the system + the cost of installation + expences getting to and from the event and entry fee.

Rules are installs must be installed by yourself (your stupid mate can help you but not his shop or anyone else) and you must use your loudest 6x9s and no sub.

Heres another challange for you go at as many sound offs as you can next year. In any SQ class find cars running 6x9s. For every one you find that comes in the top 3 its class (minimum of 5 entrys) I will donate £10 to the registered worthwhile charity of your choise(no my beer fund etc. Stuff liek hospitals or cancer reserch etc).

and a third challange.
Find any recording studio in the world that uses 6x9s for monitors. Again £10 to the registered worthwhile charity of your choise(no my beer fund etc. Stuff like hospitals or cancer reserch etc).

Ask the loudest to prove there power ratings!

What shop does your mate work at?

Last edited by DaveWard; 5th December 2006 at 16:24.
Old 5th December 2006, 16:19   #116
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

i love you dave

my for sale ad
Old 5th December 2006, 16:21   #117
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Green mk1 vtr/s and Focus zetec
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!

pwned. best of luck mate
Old 5th December 2006, 16:40   #118
gall34
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard View Post

Make it a grand in cash + costs and I will make you look a proper tit at the any IASCA SQ Sound off next year (as long as I can get time off work and fit it around other stuff there will be at least 1 or 2 that I can make it to). Tell me how much your Loudest system cost in total. I will build and install a system for the same price or lower and we will enter them in to a sound off. Person with the most points wins and the loser pays the other £1000 in cash at the event plus the cost of the system + the cost of installation + expences getting to and from the event and entry fee.

Rules are installs must be installed by yourself (your stupid mate can help you but not his shop or anyone else) and you must use your loudest 6x9s and no sub.

Heres another challange for you go at as many sound offs as you can next year. In any SQ class find cars running 6x9s. For every one you find that comes in the top 3 its class (minimum of 5 entrys) I will donate £10 to the registered worthwhile charity of your choise(no my beer fund etc. Stuff liek hospitals or cancer reserch etc).

and a third challange.
Find any recording studio in the world that uses 6x9s for monitors. Again £10 to the registered worthwhile charity of your choise(no my beer fund etc. Stuff like hospitals or cancer reserch etc).

I wish i had a grand to bet but its going towards styling my new car plus obviously if you stick a few subs in a boot compared to just a pair of 6x9s its going to be louder ive been goin on bout the quality just from them the whole time.

and i think if you can read i said that theloudest produces audio equipment for studios concerts etc i never specified 6x9s as an item they use, its probably more like 60x90s that they use lol

in terms of the ratings you could ask any manufacturer to prove their ratings, you get it from whoever you prefer that doesnt make it accurate because they cost 1000% more does it?

as i believe someone mentioned before its alot to do with preference. many people dont like having big chunky custom speakers hanging off the front doors... people are allowed their opinions you know, i never realised britain was so communist with so many followers
Old 5th December 2006, 16:44   #119
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Find a studio that uses oval speakers then! You wont! The best shape for a speaker is round!
Old 5th December 2006, 16:45   #120
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard View Post

For a start speaker specs on a sheet mean next to nothing. The power handling of a speaker does not mean that its going to sound good or not

Gall34:they can say what they like lol.. just because someone is good at having a rant doesn't mean they are always correct, id bet a grands worth of subwoofers that hes the type of person known as the "never wrong" its just for jokes lads, but serious the quality of the speakers from theloudest are next to perfect and my joint favourite thing with cars is music so I know when im hearing shit quality or not

and a third challange.

Dave, was i right with my diagrams, i think i was but not 100% sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by gall34 View Post
I wish i had a grand to bet but its going towards styling my new car plus obviously if you stick a few subs in a boot compared to just a pair of 6x9s its going to be louder ive been goin on bout the quality just from them the whole time.

and i think if you can read i said that theloudest produces audio equipment for studios concerts etc i never specified 6x9s as an item they use, its probably more like 60x90s that they use lol

in terms of the ratings you could ask any manufacturer to prove their ratings, you get it from whoever you prefer that doesnt make it accurate because they cost 1000% more does it?

as i believe someone mentioned before its alot to do with preference. many people dont like having big chunky custom speakers hanging off the front doors... people are allowed their opinions you know, i never realised britain was so communist with so many followers
Mate, give up. Your talking tosh!
Closed Thread