Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 11th May 2010, 13:07   #1
scot-ish
Established Member

Car(s): Audi S5, Corsa, Defender 90 CSW
scot-ish is on a distinguished road
Default simple advice, but im on a ship.

right folks, im guna get myself back into shape, but as im onboard ship for half the year, im struggling to think of things, and ways around it, due to my gym being limited, and my food is kinda by a set menu, so here goes.

im tryin to drop bodyweight, fat% as its wayy to high now, im at 102kg and 5ft 10, i dont know my %bf, but here is a pic of me from when i was about 6kg lighter,

just an idea of my build, im not round, but not exaclty well built, but would say my build/size is orite, if i wer to loose the fat.

right, im looking for gym advice, what to do with what ive got, in the gym onboard ive got, that works,

bike
dumbell set, upto 12.5kg,
flat bar and bench, which i can get 70kg on it,
lat pull down, which i can get 50kg on it,
EZ bar.
decline sit up bench.
puch bag and some sparring gloves.

food wise, ther aint much choice of what i eat, and cos sumdays i work, 8-12 twice daily, and some days i work 8-5, its hard to get into a routing with eating, due to sleep patterns.

my daily food intake is usually like this,
7.30 bowl of alpen with skimmed milk, low fat yogurt.
8am, black coffee
10am black coffee
noon- 3 poached eggs, 2 slice brown bread, buttered, some pickled veg, and litre of juice.
3pm- black coffee
7pm a meal, usually a choice of meat or fish, but normally fried, so i have meat or fish, with boiled rice, boiled veg, and a litre of juice.

and normally thorugh the day i drunk a further 2-3 litres of water, as engine room is hot, so is needed for that.

im looking for pointers, and also if some1 could help me out with some sort of routine for the gym, and a frequency, can be 7 days if thats best, as i do nout much else, oh and ive got a sauna aswel, which ive been using after the gym,

My goal is fat burning, but not to become a stick man.

any advice is much appreciated, due to my internet on here being slow, i dont have much time to sit and browse the net, so thought best to get advice from here.

cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I've seen pics of him and he's like Ayres Rock with tattoos.
scot-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 14:00   #2
SamW
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Tuna Can
iTrader Score: 11 (92%)
SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!

Might be worth having a look over the p90x workout. Its alot to list so i wont be able to type it all up but theres plenty about it online.

Could be decent for the results your after, involves, stretching, plyo, weights, cardio. An all arounder really but has positive feedback. There will be some limitiations as your on a boat but majority of stuff you can do with the equi you have
SamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 15:04   #3
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

the amount of carbs in juice drinks is insane, if you cant get into a daily routine id replace it with like a sugar free orange dilute robinsons drink etc.

not much help but just a thought.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 15:41   #4
scot-ish
Established Member

soz, the juice i drink, it is diluted stuff, just blackcurrant, comes on in bulk, i dont have much choice in it lol, but id assume it aint too bad.

cheers for the replys
Quote:
Old 13th May 2010, 20:29   #5
Dizzy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): A4 2.0 TFSI Sline
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Diet is first thing that needs cracking so heres a good basic meal plan, i assume you will have access too all these foods:

07:30 50g of oats, 3 scrambled eggs, peice of fruit, black coffee.
10:00 tuna/chicken/ham salad with 200g of chosen meat, 50g of nuts
12:00 3 poached eggs, 1 slice brown bread, pickled veg.
15:00 tuna/chicken/ham salad with 200g of chosen meat. 50g of nuts
19:00 200g of cooked dinner Meat and steamed veg.

So in there you have less than 100g of carbs, around 220g of protein and 60g of dietary fats. i have eliminated shit like dairy, processed carbs and refined sugars so please stay away from cereals, breads, dairy and juices if you wish to loose weight.

Next up is your workout plan. All exercises performed woth strict form and no more than 45 seconds rest between each set:

Monday, push:

Back squats - 5x5
Barbell benchpress - 5x5
Barbell shoulder press - 5x5
dips/skull crushers 4x8 or amrap
15 mins HIIT cardio on the bike

Tuesday, pull

Deadlifts - 5x5
Lat pulldown - 5x5
bent over row - 5x5
lat pullover - 4x8

Wednesday - Boxing circuit.

Do a boxing style bodyweight and bag circuit with exercises like:

Push ups, get ups, squat thrusts, burpee jumps, body squats, pull ups, punchouts, skipping, step ups etc. lay them out how you want but do 30 seconds on each station then switch with a 15 second breather. make each circuit last 5 minutes and have a 2 minute break between each circuit.

Thursday - push

Back squats - 5x5
Barbell benchpress - 5x5
Barbell shoulder press - 5x5
dips/skull crushers 4x8 or amrap

Friday - pull

Deadlifts - 5x5
Lat pulldown - 5x5
bent over row - 5x5
lat pullover - 4x8

Saturday and sunday rest.
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 21:43   #6
scot-ish
Established Member

excellent. thanks very much.

the workout- i can deffo hit the full thing thats there, im just going down the gym just now, so will get things setup to work on that.

the diet i can get close to that, its a set menu with two choices, but im sure i can windle it to get into that, or very near to that, when im off ship, my diet will be very clean. is there a particular type of nuts? as its only really cashews on ere, dont think there is anything else.

again, thanks for the advice, i will be doing some before and after pics, as im going hard on this, im aiming for 20lbs in 6 weeks, so will let you know how i get on.

cheers again
Quote: