Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 24th December 2012, 20:20   #1
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!
Default Front Speakers, which ones?

After some front speakers, ones I have now are rubbish. Size is 6.5 inches. I want to be able to get some good bass from them. Got around 200 to spend, altho could go higher. Just want high quality sound, with some bass. Not getting a sub
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 20:33   #2
monka
Established Member

monka is on a distinguished road

Kicker rs speakers
monka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 20:35   #3
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monka View Post
Kicker rs speakers
Did you not think it would be helpful to provide a link to the product and maybe justify your suggestion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 20:48   #4
monka
Established Member

When I'm on my phone, no, lol. I'm sure the op has the ability to use google.

Butt on the other part, in all honesty, they are the only speaker I've never had a problem with, either reliability, or sound wise,

I work in a shop that primarily sells alpine products, and while I highly rate the alpine type g as budget, their type R speakers never really cut the mustard for me ( although the type R subs are awesome, I've never liked the type R comps)

We then started dealing kicker stuff, did alot of their budget stuff, never really impressed, then fitted the rs speakers, was highly impressed. Absolutely loved the sound, esp when we have had the time and budget to do proper builds (sound proofing etc)

I do like the jl stuff as well, just something missing for me, sound good, just something I cannot put my finger on.

Would also recomend the focal coax's as well if you don't want the hassle of fitting comps, although the kicker rs can be mounted either way, with the option mounting the tweeters on the mid.

My 'ideal' options at the moment would be

Alpine headunit
Kicker zx700.5 or ix100.5 amp
Front speakers kicker rs comps, or focal coax
Rear speakers, if you have the budget, another set of rs, or focal comps.
Sub, alpine type 12'', ported box
Old 24th December 2012, 20:49   #5
BarneyB
L-plater
South West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1i Desire, Saxo 1.1i Forte, Mitsubishi Cha
BarneyB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Did you not think it would be helpful to provide a link to the product and maybe justify your suggestion?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-KEvY6x78 - That might help!
BarneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 21:13   #6
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

I've had alpine type R and thought they were wank.

I've got some double din pioneer hu at moment. Not doing anything to rear speakers. No ones ever gona be in back, normally have it fronts getting 80% and rears 20%

Is it worth sound proofing the doors??
Old 25th December 2012, 13:32   #7
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

Mate have a look at Hertz range, I have some HSK 165XL hi energy and they rock!

Mid bass kick is awsome and i run these in my Astra without a sub at min and they are brilliant. They are brilliant SQ too rather than just a set for SPL.

They will set you back quite a lot (£350ish - maybe some xmas sales will bring them down)

But they also have the range below which is the HSK 165 (non XL) version and these are about £260 and these rock too but just dont have the +3db over all the frequency range (If that means anything too you)

Hertz are well known for their SQ mate. If you was closer id give you a demo of mine but imo you cant go wrong!!!

Other comps to look at are JL, Audison, Focal and Morel (latter being really expensive)

EDIT = If your spending big money on speaker in the door then def put sound deadening in the doors. The difference is night and day.

Only thing i will say about any aftermaket speakers running on a standard HU is that the big power of the speakers will cause your HU to distort easily so a small amp really really is worth it. Its another night and day difference imo.

My speakers sounded ok running off my double din, amped them up after a few months and they're on a different level now!

I know this wont help but the thing about speakers is different ones sound good to different people. Some speakers are known as 'neutral' some 'bright' and so on if you get me? So if possible you should try listen to a set (amped or not amped) depending how you plan to run yours and only then will you fully know and like what your getting.

Want to know anything drop us a PM

Last edited by MJ05LLY; 25th December 2012 at 13:38.
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 16:04   #8
huggy54
Established Member

iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
huggy54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
After some front speakers, ones I have now are rubbish. Size is 6.5 inches. I want to be able to get some good bass from them. Got around 200 to spend, altho could go higher. Just want high quality sound, with some bass. Not getting a sub
drop me a pm if your serious and want some very high spec 2way comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by monka View Post
Kicker rs speakers
i have a set of these ill be putting up for sale if interested?
huggy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 16:47   #9
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

it's not standard it's some pioneer screen jobie. I can't be fussed amping or using cross overs don't want to be screwing or drilling in to door cards
Old 25th December 2012, 16:58   #10
monka
Established Member

I'd amp them mate, if your not using an amp, you really aren't going to see the benefit of spending £200 on speakers, just get some alpine type g's or focals.

Me personally, I currently have an alpine 117ri headunit, dls front coax, and budget focals in the rear. I also have the alpine 445 inline amp, in the future I'm getting the next level up of focal coax's, which although underpowered will be ok, but will still be good when I manage to get a kicker ix1000.5 in there
Old 25th December 2012, 19:16   #11
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

need to find out what speakers are in my vectra as they are amazing
Old 25th December 2012, 19:27   #12
choko_h
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Forged Citroen Saxo VTS 16v mk2 (2002)
choko_h is on a distinguished road

What you think about a second hand Focal polykevlar component system. The quality of the sound is awesome really. I was lucky to hear them on Citroen C5 II. Otherwise if you want just SPL I could choose Ground Zero.
choko_h is offline   Reply With Quote