Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 15th October 2013, 21:17   #201
ldavies
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Boosted 106 GTI 16V Supercharged
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
ldavies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Back on track..

I take your points onboard and agree to an extent.

However on a car like this stripping is THE main track prep. Something I have done myself without help or experience and ideas about white engine bays are just ideas. Its up to people like yourself to comment and offer advice so I can progress.

You have to realise this is a long term project its dry thats the main thing. I work 55 hours a week have a missus and a child, a family and other shite to do...I'd love to spend days on it!

Im actually hoping people laugh at the car on its first trackday! By then it WILL be ready to shock a few. Im even considering a blonde wig so people think they are being overtaken by a girl
People no what gtis are capable of so can't see why your gonna shock people in a standard pink gti considering what's on tracks nowadays.
Now if it was a turbo gti or a supercharged gti then yes that would shock people but it's just a standard gti. Don't take this the wrong way but my guess is people might laugh at you for driving a pink gti.
If you do make it to the track in the next 10years if the cars finished by then all I can say is you've got balls just simply for turning up in the pink 106.
Old 15th October 2013, 21:24   #202
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavies View Post
People no what gtis are capable of so can't see why your gonna shock people in a standard pink gti considering what's on tracks nowadays.
Now if it was a turbo gti or a supercharged gti then yes that would shock people but it's just a standard gti. Don't take this the wrong way but my guess is people might laugh at you for driving a pink gti.
If you do make it to the track in the next 10years if the cars finished by then all I can say is you've got balls just simply for turning up in the pink 106.

If I can make the car handle well, safe with nice balance I won't need 500bhp
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 21:25   #203
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Can't see what's wrong it myself it's just a colour.
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 21:27   #204
ldavies
Saxperience Forum Bum

But they are good handling cars anyway so yes you can improve the handling and of course bigger brakes but you still need some good power for pulling out the corners etc.
Not saying you need 500hp but you will need more than what you have now if you want to really impress or shock people.
Old 15th October 2013, 21:54   #205
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFli6bEqc0ux3gPXe5vAdtA
Old 15th October 2013, 22:04   #206
ldavies
Saxperience Forum Bum

Your missing the point.
What I'm saying is what's gonna make your 106 different to the rest that's already on track for you to shock people obviously apart from the colour lol.
I think if you wanna shock people then you need to defo be looking into a few tuning mods of course the suspension set up and brake set up is number one but still not enough to shock people. I would be looking into a gasflowed ported and polished head so you've got the power from pulling out the corners and not just having the set up to get you round the corners if that makes sense.
Don't get me wrong I own a 106 and the handling is awesome of course but things have moved on there's a lot of better handling cars on track with more performance too.
I just don't think the standard 106 is going to shock people imo
Old 15th October 2013, 22:13   #207
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I agree to an extent. However with decent brakes suspension and semi slicks and going at it 110% should be enough to surprise a few. Also my old saxo was waaay faster than a 700bhp carbon fiber bodied supra (well kind of as its turbo blew up after 2 laps whereas I was lapping all day)
Old 15th October 2013, 22:17   #208
ldavies
Saxperience Forum Bum

If you wanted to surprise people you should have done a sleeper.
As for headwork gasflowed ported and polished I would say that is a must for you for the track.
Get over on 106 owners and speak with a guy named Liam he done engine builds he will do you're headwork he did mine for my current build.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:44   #209
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I like the references to track goers laughing at a pink gti. I dont think most people would care. If they did laugh, theyre probably fucking gimps anyway.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 20:11   #210
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Im possibly going to be slowly building up the car so its indigo blue. Most of the bodykit is in bad condition and was held on by heavy blobs of crap. Also the interior needs painting so could be a good place to start. Also when my missus car dies I will use it as a donor car and its blue

Thats all in the future though. For the here and now I've bought a haynes manual for 106 off amazon for 25p!! Plus postage so £3 all in BARGAIN and will be very useful!

Just after a cheap trolley jack now as using a twingo one is dangerous and a royal pain in the ass!
Old 28th October 2013, 07:05   #211
Oli-VTR
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey VTR Mk2
Oli-VTR is on a distinguished road

Bought a 2 tonne clarkes one from machine mart for about 25
Old 28th October 2013, 07:10   #212
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Hmmm. May have to purchase one of those!
Old 28th October 2013, 08:58   #213
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

It wouldn't surprise me to see a pink Gti on track. I'd just think it's another car that was unfit for road use and has been turned into a track car for a laugh.

Saw a civic covered in Astro Turf at Knockhill once.
Old 28th October 2013, 09:04   #214
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Im in two minds on the colour but if I can slowly turn it indigo without it costing anything much its gotta be worth a go. Am even considering losing the gti kit altogether though I think it would look a bit pants then.

Can't wait for the haynes to turn up. As I haven't much to do I may as well get the dash out and get rid of that thick heavy mat behind it.
Old 28th October 2013, 09:55   #215
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore

I'd be tempted to spray it, doesn't have to be a neat job but it would be a great learning curve for you.

I sprayed that mx5 I had NATO green, not that I'd suggest that colour but a flat colour, white or even something shocking like a day-glo colour wouldn't be difficult. You could even roller it on if it's a matte finish lol
Old 28th October 2013, 10:11   #216
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Your mx5 looked really good as well.

I know someone with spray guns and indigo is non metallic. Is it just a case of primer and then paint? Or do you have to lacquer afterwards?
Old 28th October 2013, 12:41   #217
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore

You'd need a lacquer if it's a gloss finish, matte paints tend to be quite hard wearing so a lacquer is not necessary, but matte lacquers are out there.
Old 28th October 2013, 15:09   #218
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Popped down to halfords for some 1200 and 240 wet and dry paper. Can anyone guess what for?
Also was recommended a local coachworks for the welding up of the rust holes etc

Should have a small update tonight
Old 28th October 2013, 21:34   #219
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Had a set of raptors laying about so will put these to use on the car. Added bonus of being fairly light and cheap track rubber too. Can also sell the one's currently on the car to fund other things.

Anyways pics

Massive difference. No kerbing or scratches now whatsoever! Chuffed!
Old 29th October 2013, 13:01   #220
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Found out the price per litre of the paint for this car...

Erm.

£203!!