Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 31st July 2008, 21:11   #21
McBain
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vts
McBain will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
I see it like this...

Wwhen you fit comps they are placed in the door panel which is like a box. The 6x9's are nearly always dumped in the parcel shelf, which means it would be free air, and all 6x9's are designed to be free air, whereas the comps will have an enclosure. And if you were to sound deaden the doors, which a lot of people do, then the door panel would act even more like a box!
Agreed, most people just whack in whatever they've got with no prep. On their own comps in a door are always gonna sound better than 6X9s behind you, even if just for staging reasons.

Stu.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 22:33   #22
Alarming_Sounds
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): BMW 325i sport e46
Alarming_Sounds will become famous soon enough

but is the boot not acting like a box for the speakers on the shelf, also the sound is bouncing off the rear screen and being pushed forward.
Alarming_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 23:19   #23
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

my mate has 6x9s in his parcel shelf, i told him dont do it but he did it... i cant wait til they blow then i can say TOLD YOU! haha. when his sub is hitting the low notes they bounce up and down like there about to tear into shreds. also when your sat in the dront of the car all you can hear is music from behind you. total shite imo!
DJDannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 00:50   #24
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): i Own a Saxo vts 130bhp
Oo_ben_oO is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I see it like this...

Wwhen you fit comps they are placed in the door panel which is like a box. The 6x9's are nearly always dumped in the parcel shelf, which means it would be free air, and all 6x9's are designed to be free air, whereas the comps will have an enclosure. And if you were to sound deaden the doors, which a lot of people do, then the door panel would act even more like a box!
yes very true but it like disco stuff u put a 2000watt peavey black widow on the floor with no box its bound to sound abit tinny but put them in a cab and they come to life. it would be a fair idear to put them in a box and re do test. components can also be used in parcle shelfs and probably still sound better to 6x9s. if u really want to get that bass then build a box under the speaker in the back so the 6x9 or comps can use the boom from the made up box underneef. another way is to make a parcle shelf out of mdf this way bass travles through the mdf better than plastic crap. dont get me wrong thanks very much for that test but you really do need to put them in the same box to get that real affect.
Oo_ben_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 07:50   #25
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

yes, i agree that to make it 100% fair they should be in a box. But im afraid i havent got any 6x9 boxes, and im not wasting my money buying them either! Lol

Cant do any more comparisons anyway, as i have blown the 6x9's to shreds with 700rms each, and the comps are in my car!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 07:55   #26
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

blew the 6x9s

they were well kool init
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 08:00   #27
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
blew the 6x9s

they were well kool init
Haha! I just had to do it!
Old 1st August 2008, 08:28   #28
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

Are them comps good then?
didnt think fusion were good lol............
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 08:45   #29
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

wait for coonpers avatar to change to a fusion logo lol
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 1st August 2008, 09:14   #30
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Are them comps good then?
didnt think fusion were good lol............
Theyre not great, but then you think, i paid £25 for a set of 3 way 6.5" comps. I was very impressed with them though! They go much louder than the 6x9's and are much clearer than a lot of other comps ive heard! They onlu thing that lets them down is the shitty tweeter pods!

We'll see how they go when they're in the car!

And ash, no chance! JBL are the bees knees!
Old 1st August 2008, 10:36   #31
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

haha fair enough coonper.

JBL are the bee's knee's aye? shall i get JBL comps then...
Old 1st August 2008, 10:50   #32
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
haha fair enough coonper.

JBL are the bee's knee's aye? shall i get JBL comps then...
depends on how deep your pockets are

if you had £500 im sure youd pick a set of dls nobelium over a set of jbls
Quote:
Old 1st August 2008, 10:53   #33
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

fair enough..
Old 1st August 2008, 10:58   #34
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Get a set of these! Up there with the best of them tbh!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-C508-GTi-1...3286.m14.l1318
Old 1st August 2008, 11:04   #35
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Get a set of these! Up there with the best of them tbh!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-C508-GTi-1...3286.m14.l1318
better than the spls?
Quote:
Old 1st August 2008, 11:05   #36
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

what would you say was better then...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...b07af7c3eb91e9

or.....

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-...b07af7c3eb91e9
Old 1st August 2008, 11:10   #37
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
SPL'a all day long mate!

But those GTI's are better than the SPL's imo!
Old 1st August 2008, 11:14   #38
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

there GTO's...

You say SPLS all day long but then say GTO's are better than the SPLS..

make your mind up!
Old 1st August 2008, 11:37   #39
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
there GTO's...

You say SPLS all day long but then say GTO's are better than the SPLS..

make your mind up!
Read it properly mate!

The SPL's are better than the GTO's you linked to! By far!

But the JBL's i linked to (GTI) are better than the SPL's!
Old 1st August 2008, 11:37   #40
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

my bad my bad lol.