Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 18th December 2009, 00:47   #1
Lambo69
Frequent Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon Cupra & BMW E46 Coupe
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Lambo69 has a spectacular aura aboutLambo69 has a spectacular aura about
Talking payment methods

Dont know if this has been sugested or anything. i admit i havent searched for it.

But in the for sale section is there any way that a new rule could be put in where by bank transfer or paypal gift is not an accepted method of payment to and from members as there is 0 saftey in it.

just gettign fed up with seeing things for sale that want the above payment methods or "payment via paypal but you pay the fees"... Thats not how it works in my eyes! tbh i dont mind having a fee deducted if i sell something knowing i have abit of safety

i know you cant dictate or moderate how people pay for things and its completely out of the forums hands, but just like if someone doesnt put a price up or puts a ebay link etc, could the threads not be deleted locked etc.

That way at least people will soon learn they cant put up for sale threads like that and eventualy people will stop buying things in this way and then having a gabillion threads about being ripped off all over the forum.

Just putting my thoughts out there, now feel free to explain why

a) you have all ready thought about this
b) there is no point as people will do what they want regardless
c) all of the above
d) none of the above lol...
Lambo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 02:20   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

poeple will still do bank transfers, theres no stopping poeple from PMing each other to organise this. Scamming users with 5 posts can still scam poeple by PMing other members and making them buy off them. Theres no way round it.

Its down to the person buying how they pay.

eBay links are already forbidden and you have to put a price up already.

Would be better if it was filled out as a form though.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:37   #3
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

we tell people how to cover themselves and they still do it.

No point doing a rule, people still need babysitting, and to be honest I almost allways refuse paypal for items im selling because im sick of paypal fees, and people can still scam a seller. I know my parts are not fuggled so dont appreciate it when some chancer trys doing a claim just because they want it free.

Hence most of mine is cash on collection.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:34   #4
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Simply do not buy from people who are unable to get in the forsale area, have very low posts and are unknown on the website.
I dont really know of any method of payment that is 100% secure so there will always be a small element of risk.

Kev
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 17:18   #5
wadoryu
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): suzuki swift 1.2 sz3
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
wadoryu is on a distinguished road

dealing on the internet you have a risk as in any form of selling really you just gotta know who to trust
Old 20th December 2009, 21:13   #6
boarer2004
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): saxo 1.4 westcoast, vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
boarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really niceboarer2004 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
Simply do not buy from people who are unable to get in the forsale area, have very low posts and are unknown on the website.
I dont really know of any method of payment that is 100% secure so there will always be a small element of risk.

Kev
cash
boarer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote