Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 10th November 2011, 11:45   #1
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future
Default How to unlock your iPhone through your network.

I just recently unlocked my iPhone 3gs through Vodafone for free

Also, there is a thread about unlocking via jailbrealing and thought that the info would be better in here

Some info here:

How do I unlock an iPhone from O2?

Pay Monthly: Your iPhone can be unlocked free of charge at any time but you’ll have to honour the entirety of your contract (you aren’t able to cancel your contract early).

Pay As You Go: It costs £15 to unlock your iPhone. This comes from your Pay As You Go balance so you should top-up by £15 or more prior to requesting an unlock. If you unlock your iPhone within the first 12 months of ownership, you’ll lose the free Web & Wifi bolt-on that O2 gives you.

It takes up to 14 days to unlock an iPhone from O2. For more details and to begin the unlock process, see the O2 website.

How do I unlock an iPhone from Orange?

Orange will unlock your iPhone for a fee of £20 providing you’ve had it for at least 3 months. The unlocking process takes between 7-10 days to complete.
According to Orange:

If it’s a pay monthly phone you’ll need to call 150 free from your handset, or 07973 100 150 from a landline (call charges may vary).

If it’s a pay as you go phone you’ll need to call 450 from your handset, or 07973 100 450 from a landline (call charges may vary).

Many readers have experienced difficulties in unlocking an iPhone from Orange (see comments below) although there are some success stories too. Please do share your experiences in the comments below too!

How do I unlock an iPhone from Three?

It’s been difficult to obtain any official information on how to unlock your iPhone from Three, but various reports across the internet have suggested it costs £15.32 to unlock your iPhone from Three. You can contact Three customer services on 333 to request an unlock.

If you’ve had any experiences unlocking an iPhone from Three (successful or not!), please drop us a comment below and share your experiences!

How do I unlock an iPhone from T-Mobile?

According to the T-Mobile forum moderator, T-Mobile charge £15.32 to unlock your iPhone. You must have held your iPhone for at least 30 days on Pay Monthly or 90 days on Pay As You Go. You should contact T-Mobile customer services by dialling 150 from your T-Mobile phone.

If you’ve managed to unlock an iPhone from T-Mobile, please drop us a comment below and share your experiences!

How do I unlock an iPhone from Vodafone?

Vodafone will unlock your iPhone for a fee of £15.32 on Pay Monthly or £19.99 on Pay As You Go. For Pay As You Go customers, the £19.99 charge is taken from your Pay As You Go credit so you should top up by at least £20 prior to unlocking your iPhone. It should take no more than 72 hours to unlock your iPhone. Requests should be made through Vodafone’s online form.

See the FAQ on the Vodafone website for more information.

I’ve made a request to unlock my iPhone. What’s next?

Once you’ve informed your mobile operator you want to unlock your iPhone and made the necessary payments, your mobile operator will inform Apple. Apple maintain a central list of unlocked iPhone devices and it can take up to 14 days for your iPhone to be added to this list. Once your device is on the list, you’ll need to connect it to iTunes to complete the unlocking process.

The Website is here: http://cow.neondragon.net/index.php/...-o2-and-orange

The website gives out more links and has more information

Hope it helps

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 11:47   #2
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Also, this quote was taked from the said other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastgtir View Post
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?...oute=unlocking

fill this in, just done it the other and got my iphone 4 unlocked for free..
i didn't even have a 02 number.

i just selected pay monthly and put my normal number in!
So even if you are on another network, you can go via O2 (maybe Vodafone, not confirmed) to unlock you iPhone.

Cymru am Byth
Old 10th November 2011, 12:54   #3
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

i tried that loophole ^^ didnt work for me anymore
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 12:56   #4
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

You tired the Vodafone one?

What network are you with?

Cymru am Byth
Old 10th November 2011, 13:55   #5
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

the phone is on orange, i have to JB and unlock as i need it to use a 3 sim
Old 10th November 2011, 14:00   #6
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Have you tried ringing 150 or 450 (depending on pay monthly or payg) from your Orange iPhone?

Cymru am Byth
Old 10th November 2011, 14:37   #7
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

i dont have an orange sim, i bought the phone from someone as an unwanted upgrade a long time ago, ahwell its done now, and screw giving orange £20 to do it officially lol