Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 1st September 2014, 19:01   #1
aggres18

aggres18 is on a distinguished road
Default springs lbs and brake discs

i try found some infos about coilovers springs, and cant found.
maybe somewone knows how many lbs springs best for everyday driving? aggresive driving.
and what you think about mtec brakes, drilled and grooved?
aggres18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:10   #2
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

you dont need drilled and grooved discs. They just cost more and look nicer than plain ones.

You are probably running a standard torsion bar so I'd run about 180lb to keep the handling balance as near to standard for a pure road car. Maybe at a push i'd run up to 220lb but it would need the right dampers. What dampers are you using? This is rather critical.

Last edited by KamRacing; 1st September 2014 at 20:18.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 20:21   #3
aggres18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
You are probably running a standard torsion bar so I'd run about 180lb to keep the handling balance as near to standard for a pure road car.
180lb not to less? it's not stay on the road like jelly?
Old 1st September 2014, 20:37   #4
chompy
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Because racecar
chompy is on a distinguished road

Coilover setups are very much a personal preference. You can have different spring/shock/height setups for different styles of driving and different situations.

What works for someone else might not work for you. You need to do some research and understand the basics of suspension and make your decisions based around how you want it to feel.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 22:49   #5
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr 1.4, xsara was my last car
Mi5terSIR is on a distinguished road

koni STR.T's are a brilliant bit of kit, decent price, mine came with bilistein springs (or however you spell it lol), not sure about the spring rate, they were matched by all accounts for them shocks, best of both worlds imo, but they are on my xsara not on me saxo,
Mi5terSIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:02   #6
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggres18 View Post
180lb not to less? it's not stay on the road like jelly?
well your current car is between 90-110lb so its potentially twice as stiff as standard. You can put really stiff front springs and dampers on, but then you will wonder why it understeers more in anything but bone dry conditions and why you are slower everywhere other than a billiard smooth road. You need to find a balance between a stiff setup to improve handling yet be soft enough to give good traction.
Old 4th September 2014, 18:42   #7
aggres18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
well your current car is between 90-110lb so its potentially twice as stiff as standard. You can put really stiff front springs and dampers on, but then you will wonder why it understeers more in anything but bone dry conditions and why you are slower everywhere other than a billiard smooth road. You need to find a balance between a stiff setup to improve handling yet be soft enough to give good traction.
thanks. i think i try put first 200lb and check how it's on the road.
i have inside my coils, bilstein shocks, how i know, it's one of the best shocks.
but whick shocks better fit in rear? same bilstein or something other? axel beam is lower than original.
Old 4th September 2014, 21:57   #8
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Bilstein for definite. Pop the front inserts out, find out what part number is fitted then buy the matching rears from me. I have them in stock.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tunin...absorbers.html