Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 2nd March 2008, 18:51   #1
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!
Default Philips Ambilight

Anyone got one or have any experience if the panels are actually any good?

I quite fancy one the ambilight looks cool however is the panel any good?

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 21:17   #2
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

Well ive not got one, but seen these in action and i truley like them really do, you can buy custom board but they don't have the same colour at the same time if that makes sence? so if you had red left, green top and yellow right, it would just light 1 of them colours, so dont buy the cheap version

If you can afford the ambilight range i think you will truley enjoy it mate, like i say seen it in action and i really loved it, whatched the hulk on it, no delays, colorus were amazing, i actually be jelous if you get one
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 21:19   #3
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): 08 Golf TDI
Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

uncle has one...looks the nuts....
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:28   #4
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Only seen the older ones, but looked okay to be fair.

Not sure how they fare in terms of cost to the likes of Panasonic/Samsung at the moment but that's where my money would be going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:03   #5
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

Aren't these like £3k?

The one I saw looked cool but not worth that much extra for a few lights imo.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:38   #6
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

the new Aurea is £3k, however i just think thats a bit blackpool and to much for me with the actual "rim" being lit as well. However having seen it in action its a really intelligent piece of kit, if thats the right word.

I was looking at :
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/stor...ory_oid=-30633

no proper pics but its the latest generation of the ambilight.

Comes in roughly 2-300 quid dearer than the equivalent sized Samsung. Plus its only a 42 when ideally i wanted a 46 but thats beside the point really.

Im more concered how the panel fairs up. In the shops as usual its all HD source they are fed so its difficult to really tell between them. The only HD i will be doing in the near future is Xbox and ill buy a seperate 32" to play that on so its all just Sky.

Price doesnt really bother me, performance of the panel on normal tv does bother me.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote