Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Old 17th December 2010, 23:04   #101
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

I'm sure I've sold bits to all of you. What's that term I'm looking for... Hmm oh yeah fuck off and ban me?
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 23:43   #102
VTHall
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black corsa c SXI.
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VTHall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
I'm sure I've sold bits to all of you. What's that term I'm looking for... Hmm oh yeah fuck off and ban me?
speak of the robbing devil
Facepalm
VTHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 11:15   #103
GrantW
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): None...
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!

This ever get sorted out? I see Sparco Tom is selling things again in the for sale section...
Old 4th January 2011, 13:07   #104
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

This is the first time I've seen this thread and it is bloody shocking.

The way I see it is Pagey should be refunded his money, he shouldn't be chasing his £90 for over 10months.

Im not going to take sides but surely the admins of this site should be taking a good look at this thread.
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevie_m For This Useful Post:
Old 4th January 2011, 16:35   #105
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

yeah 105 trades, one went pear shaped. BURN HIM.

Tom's a sound bloke with gentlemanly intentions. I'm sure there's no harm been meant. I'm presuming the OP paid by paypal, so should have claimed it back if unhappy.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:43   #106
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): A few
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
SAM-S44MDS- is on a distinguished road

Chances are Ross he paid by gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L20VTS View Post
I only got stuck because I couldn't get out
SAM-S44MDS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 16:43   #107
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM-S44MDS- View Post
Chances are Ross he paid by gift.
Then he's a fool.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:50   #108
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossDagley View Post
Then he's a fool.
Indeed, seems to happen oftens though
Quote:
Old 4th January 2011, 17:48   #109
MikeYost
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
MikeYost is on a distinguished road

Regardless of paying by gift or not it doesn't excuse the fact he is £90 out of pocket and Sparco_tom is trading on here still making money..

http://www.musclefood.com/MY46144
MikeYost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeYost For This Useful Post:
Old 4th January 2011, 19:27   #110
Rossp
Super Moderator

It's not "regardless" at all. On £90, if the buyer had paid the fees himself (about £3) he would have saved himself any headache at all. If Tom's sent the item, he's sent the item. Why would he choose to send 100+ other items (that we know of, just through here), and not this one? Not like Tom has tried to rip people off.

Absolutely he's still here buying and selling. So what? Nothing to do with Sax-p at all. Next you'll be saying his ebay account should be blocked because he's selling there too.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:06   #111
stormin
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mitsi Evo 2008
stormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of light

Not the point!

He may well be a top bloke as you all say but this has been over a year now and sparco tom has still not provided The buyer with the conformation that he has even posted said item, so I am afraid it is not Pageys fault for paying incorrectly, it the fault of the seller for not being forth coming witht the information he needs to even check if the item was ever sent.

Wish people like you would find out the details of the transaction before putting you moneys worth in, as said in previous posts, A ban is needed and information needs sent to pagey so he can then start the proper process of re claiming his money either from sparco tom or whoever the courier may be.
Old 4th January 2011, 23:20   #112
Rossp
Super Moderator

I did find out the facts.

The buyer paid by gift. He's an idiot. End of. Regardless of whose "fault" it is, if he'd have spent another £3 to cover his ass, this would have been over 11 months ago.

Ban? Yeah. Ban him on ebay too. And whilst you're there, send a letter to his employer and ban him there too. How dare Tom try to continue to make a living because one person hasn't received an item. It's a liberty I tell you.
Old 5th January 2011, 00:23   #113
stormin
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

stormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of lightstormin is a glorious beacon of light

You should take your cock out his ass for a second, and put yourself in pageys shoes.

I ask you then?

I take your money for said goods and you pay using gift as seller has good rep on here for selling goods, so you have no reason to doubt him?
I take the monies from buyer and allegedly post said item, then get an email saying pagey not received goods and was looking for traking number or evidence of postage.
You make several excusses to why you cant get proof, then start to ignore the buyer for months.
So in conclusion I have taken your cash and have not provided you with proof of postage but you know what fuck it, it your fault for paying gift on paypal.

If that happened to you then you would be ok about it, prob because sparco tom such an ace guy? dont think you be happy either but if you are then you must be as much an idiot as you sound.

The fact he is still trading on here says alot tbh not much point having a scammers section if nothin is done.

Last edited by stormin; 5th January 2011 at 00:26.
stormin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stormin For This Useful Post:
Old 5th January 2011, 07:10   #114
deks36
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 307, Nissan Juke, 206 Grand tourisme
iTrader Score: 83 (100%)
deks36 is on a distinguished road

This must be the longest running saga in history. A few things to consider, never pay with paypal gift, too many people happy to take your money but not so bothered about sending items promptly, espeically if they are private individuals not worried about trade reputation.
If item has been sent and has gone missing the seller should refund the buyer, as the seller has a proof of postage on which he can claim from which ever carrier he used, the buyer cannot do this it has to be the sender,and I believe the seller was actually doing this so he had no excuse for not refunding. So it appears currently buyer has no goods no money and seller had the only means on which to get reimbersment for loss of item
though this is now well out of date,
Mods are in no position legally to do anything about such sellers apart from ban on this site which they do. This section is to advise people on trading issues with transactions.
You cannot have a go at the mods for not acting especially when you consider in this case the thread is ages old and they may not be upto date with all latest info developments etc mods can only act on anything that is directly reported to them. No one should assume a mod reads all threads on forum if you want something acted on by a mod report the item to them thats what the report butoon is for.
so to this topic sum up buyer was silly for paying as gift, seller should have refunded buyer for lost item then chased up carrier for refund due to loss this is what I do if it occurs its not the buyers fault or responsibility.
deks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 08:48   #115
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

1) Mods do monitor this section.....we monitor the whole forum!

2) Here are the rules for selling / buying on the forum,
• Use of For Sale and Wanted Forums.
Read and Write access to the For Sale and Wanted forums has been restricted. Prior to the restrictions being put in place, a large number of members allowed themselves to be conned, resulting in the loss of products and/or money.

In an attempt to help protect Saxperience members from bogus traders, access to these forums was restricted. Although many members question why these restrictions are in place and request they be lifted, time has shown that many members are too gullible to protect themselves.

I am sorry, but these restrictions will remain in place. (currently, you are required to be registered for 30 days and have contributed 100 posts to the community, before access is granted).

Saxperience does not take any responsibility for any items advertised for sale, or wanted and subsequently purchased or sold via the For Sale or Wanted forums. Any agreement / deal, which you enter into with a third party, you do so entirely at your own risk.

If you advertise an item for sale, ensure your description and thread title is accurate. Include a photo where possible. Please ensure you include a requested price for the item and state ONO (or nearest offer) if you are willing to accept offers in the region, which you requested. If you do not state a target price for your items, your thread/post may be deleted without notice.

Please do not attempt to sell items on behalf of a friend or relative. The restrictions put in place to be able to use the For Sale and Wanted forums are to assist in protecting members. If you advertise items on behalf of somebody else, you are bi-passing these restrictions. If you are observed doing this, your thread/post may be deleted without notice.

As Saxperience takes no responsibility for deals you choose to enter in with other third parties, Saxperience will not mediate third party disputes if something goes wrong during your ‘deal’. You will need to agree the terms of your transaction with the third party before you agree to the deal and communicate directly with the third party to resolve any issues that may arise.

Spamming within the For Sale or Wanted forums will not be tolerated. This includes posts such as ‘nice item, good luck with the sale’ or ‘that’s too expensive’, or ‘nice car’, etc.

Please do not question a seller’s price. If you feel the price is too high and would like to make an offer at a lower price, then state your offer to the seller politely.

3) What are mods supposed to do...i mean seriously,

If we ban him thats the end of everything......no chance of getting money back.

People asking mods for members details......its not going to happen because of a little thing called the data protection act.

There really is nothing we can really do to help the situation.

4) Why do we have this section.......its here to encourage members to resolve their issues.

It being here also shows other users who we currently have an issue with for scamming on the forum which should stop them dealing with the user.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 10:52   #116
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYost View Post
Regardless of paying by gift or not it doesn't excuse the fact he is £90 out of pocket and Sparco_tom is trading on here still making money..
I wasnt saying its fine because he paid by gift, I was just letting Ross know that because he said to claim. Still, as Ross said after, if you are spending £90, you would also pay the extra couple of quid to cover your back for instances like this. Im not taking sides btw, just looking at it from both sides
Tom is still trading, just because he had 1 bad sale out of 100+ doesnt make him a scammer, and as rules state you buy at your own risk, saxp & mods can do sweet fa about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormin View Post
Not the point!

He may well be a top bloke as you all say but this has been over a year now and sparco tom has still not provided The buyer with the conformation that he has even posted said item, so I am afraid it is not Pageys fault for paying incorrectly, it the fault of the seller for not being forth coming witht the information he needs to even check if the item was ever sent.

Wish people like you would find out the details of the transaction before putting you moneys worth in, as said in previous posts, A ban is needed and information needs sent to pagey so he can then start the proper process of re claiming his money either from sparco tom or whoever the courier may be.

How can he send the info if he gets banned?
A ban is going to do nothing, all a ban will do is ensure pagey will never get an answer and that isnt what we want is it?
Mods can do nothing, end of. Needs to be sorted between pagey & Tom.
Quote:
Old 5th January 2011, 13:03   #117
stormin
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

A ban on selling until the issue is resolved meaning that Tom is forced to contact pagey to get this matter resolved, that is what I mean, not a permanent ban as said this would get nowhere at all.

If sparco tom is a good trader on here then he will sort this situation and get it cleared up for his reputations sake, I don't doubt this might be the first bad mistake by him but he not doing the right thing by ignoring that the issue has happened and doing something to fix it.

A sellers ban is all that might make him take head and sort his situation that all.
Old 5th January 2011, 13:12   #118
stupotvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): BMW e36 328i sport
stupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to beholdstupotvtr is a splendid one to behold

so to get this clear

buyer pays for item (regardless of how its paid)
seller sends item (possibly)
buyer doesn't recieve item
buyer contacts seller for info on package ie tracking number
seller cannot/doesn't provide the info
buyer is left out of pocket and unable to get money back from the seller or couriers

If sparco tom is such a good guy then why didn't he offer tracking numbers or a part refund?

This seems very unfair on pagey
lesser humans need to stick to the inner lanes, the outside lane is for BMW owners and people with large penis organs
stupotvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stupotvtr For This Useful Post:
Old 5th January 2011, 13:31   #119
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormin View Post
A ban on selling until the issue is resolved meaning that Tom is forced to contact pagey to get this matter resolved, that is what I mean, not a permanent ban as said this would get nowhere at all.

If sparco tom is a good trader on here then he will sort this situation and get it cleared up for his reputations sake, I don't doubt this might be the first bad mistake by him but he not doing the right thing by ignoring that the issue has happened and doing something to fix it.

A sellers ban is all that might make him take head and sort his situation that all.

I dont think it would, lol. I understand what you are saying completely though about pagey.
I am currently also a clutch, 3 gear links and £90 out of pocket thanks to a RM fuck up. Atleast the buyer had his refund though Just waiting on my RM claim now, £90 leaves a big space in your pocket when its vanished and nothing to show for it
Quote:
Old 5th January 2011, 18:35   #120
scottyvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Corsa VXRacing
scottyvtr is just really nicescottyvtr is just really nicescottyvtr is just really nicescottyvtr is just really nicescottyvtr is just really nice

this is a saga simple........ dear meh!!! to reiterate what stupot has said above

people banging on about " ooh oh he paid as a gift" and whats you're fucking point,.......... you never made a mistke no???

how about at the start when payment was recived ........... a pm from tom - martin squire you've paid this wrong and you still owe me for the fee's for paypal.

im certain the following response would have been "shiiiiit sorry fella, monies sent for the paypal fees".

all ive seen is decent that and decent this............. well do the fucking decent thing and give the guy his dosh back, imo thats the decent thing its fucking pathetic.......... wrong bit on paypal

question(s) minus the petty technicalities of gifts and sevices blah -

Q Did pagey pay tom for stuff

A yes

Q did martin recive(sp?) any goods for monies rendered?

A No

is he entiltled to his money back as he aint recived yes, most probably as the stuff bought got alledegdly "lost in the post"

and if they weren't insured ................ surely the person selling should mention this at the time............ not just this instance but in future instances but again thats a 2way thing!

in an instance like this ive read all and this is my own conclusion, and there is no bias in the above just facts, but as per saxp .......... people will read what they want and sod anything else!!!!

again imo ofc the hierarchy should take more to do with this take it out the public eye till its resolved, as its getting backs up, and there is possibly an anti ..... feel about it!!
edit; dont matter, i know who it is now. you can all sit back down in your chairs.

Last edited by scottyvtr; 5th January 2011 at 19:59.
scottyvtr is offline   Reply With Quote