Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 20th March 2013, 14:55   #201
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

Persue what exactly, how do i prove it was OK before?

I don't know anyone with a 16v in fact i don't know anyone with a saxo, everyone already thinks I'm a grade a bell spending so much on a saxo..

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 15:00   #202
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

has he even given you a reciept? You paid for the conversion on the premise of it working, he hasnt supplied this so its not fit for purpose.
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 15:02   #203
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

I have an invoice on my PC so yes i have a receipt, i also have the transaction on my bank statement proving i paid the money, i don't want the stress of it all, anyone want to take it on? Lol.

Old 20th March 2013, 15:24   #204
m4tt274
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Fabia VRS, mk1 fiesta + some others
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
m4tt274 is on a distinguished road

im certain its traceable, it has to be, its not all that complicated as fuel systems go.
feel really bad for you mate. stick at it though!
m4tt274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 15:47   #205
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

and you think a 182 will be less stress? at least the saxo will be simple to fix
Old 20th March 2013, 15:56   #206
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
and you think a 182 will be less stress? at least the saxo will be simple to fix
no but i wouldn't constantly be thinking "it's just a saxo"

they are also quicker (standard) safer and newer, i LOVED my saxo before all this, i spent ALL my money making it mine, ive now not driven it in a month, it's had multiple people boggled, its cost me more and more money "testing this, and testing that" i spent everyday off for 3 weeks pissing about with it, not to mention searching the forums constantly for advice and things.

end of the day, i cant justify constantly spending £10 here and £10 there trying stupid shit, bored of it, i just want to drive again.

Old 20th March 2013, 16:00   #207
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

you'll be thinking "its just a clio" though. And in all honesty messing with the F4R is a bit of a step up from a saxo, as is the drive train on the clio plus all the suspension setup. Then the cost of the belts, which is more than some whole saxos cost etc.
Its up to you but I say stick with it, I feel its like running a marathon then giving up when you are 500 yards from the finish
Old 20th March 2013, 16:12   #208
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
you'll be thinking "its just a clio" though. And in all honesty messing with the F4R is a bit of a step up from a saxo, as is the drive train on the clio plus all the suspension setup. Then the cost of the belts, which is more than some whole saxos cost etc.
Its up to you but I say stick with it, I feel its like running a marathon then giving up when you are 500 yards from the finish
not going to mess with one mate, iv learnt from experience that messing with something that works already gets expensive, it would be just keep it clean and enjoy it.

id have the saxo in a garage to fuck about with, and a car to drive.

Old 20th March 2013, 16:15   #209
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

You've just had a bad experience I think, its a shame you didnt get the conversion done by one of the better guys on here as they'd have sorted you out by now
Old 20th March 2013, 16:28   #210
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

yeah bad experience and iv learnt from it !!!

Old 20th March 2013, 16:42   #211
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Personally i`d put all this in the hands of trading standards,you`ve got proof the work was carried out & paid for so go for it.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stevo67 For This Useful Post:
Old 20th March 2013, 17:47   #212
K567
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 03 R53 Mini Cooper S with a little extra going on
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
K567 is on a distinguished road

easy answer

did you contact MA as soon as you got the car back and realised how much fuel it has drank

did they respond, can you track the time and date contacted do they warranty their work?
should be atleast 30 days on anything related to workmanship

if you supplied engine and components there will be no warranty on those items, this however is not a problem with engine.... this is something else related to the installation

1 there was a sticking injector, if this car had been checked over correctly on installation it would have been spotted
2 there was a vac leak, i could hear it on the video clip, why couldnt they
3 drinking this much fuel how could they not notice this, personally i reckon they did, you did say they fanny'd about for a bit with the install, hell i did mine from scratch, on my own with a full head rebuild and standalone installation in 17 hours, and it was the first time id worked on a french car.... new fuck all about them lol

i say, call them, inform them, get them to look at it and sort it
i will say this, driving it as much as you did, the bottom is probably knackered running that rich....
So as much as they might be able to fix the problem, it will very likely need a new bottom doing.....

personally, if you think you can prove its down to a shoddy setup and installation, with proof of 1st contact problem, then get it sorted
if on the other hand you cant, your in a no win situation...
Old 20th March 2013, 18:46   #213
returnofjim
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2008 207 Sport HDI, 1989 205 GTi6 TB'd, 2002 Sax
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
returnofjim is on a distinguished road

Where abouts in Sheffield is this so called MA motorsports? Im from the Sheffield/Rotherham area and have never heared of them and I know everyone round here in the peugeot community. I have been working on all models of Peugeot/citroens in the last 17 years and pretty sure if I looked at the car could either fix it or tell you what the problem is in minutes. If you do still want to get it fixed and can get the car to me by trailer (i know someone who would trailer it at a reasonable price) I would be happy to sort it out for you.
returnofjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 22:50   #214
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

cheers guys, the lad is deaf and so communication is text only.

i don't want to point fingers or lay blame, but i cant continue on like this so tomorrow i will give trading standards a call and see what advice they can give me.

They knew it was over fuelling, they "tested" it for a good 50 miles before coming to the conclusion it was cammed and that's why it idled like nails.

the vac leak was the fpr pipe leading to nowhere, he actually told me it was not supposed to connect to anything

MA motorsport is in parkgate, there are a good few who have used him, he lowered my saxo and did a good job, even replacing a knackered driveshaft for me at cost only.

Also jim, how much would your expert knowledge cost? i do want it fixing as it's worth nothing more than scrap in it's current guise, and yet at the same time after £1000+ im apprehensive at the same time !

Old 20th March 2013, 23:00   #215
Ali123
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): ph3'd c2 gt
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Ali123 is on a distinguished road

hope you get this sorted asap man
also, how much you wanting for injectors mate? might need them
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdawayt View Post
I heard about the in-car bonfire but didn't really believe it. Hats off to that man.
Ali123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 07:05   #216
returnofjim
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2008 207 Sport HDI, 1989 205 GTi6 TB'd, 2002 Sax
returnofjim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawlan69 View Post
cheers guys, the lad is deaf and so communication is text only.

i don't want to point fingers or lay blame, but i cant continue on like this so tomorrow i will give trading standards a call and see what advice they can give me.

They knew it was over fuelling, they "tested" it for a good 50 miles before coming to the conclusion it was cammed and that's why it idled like nails.

the vac leak was the fpr pipe leading to nowhere, he actually told me it was not supposed to connect to anything

MA motorsport is in parkgate, there are a good few who have used him, he lowered my saxo and did a good job, even replacing a knackered driveshaft for me at cost only.

Also jim, how much would your expert knowledge cost? i do want it fixing as it's worth nothing more than scrap in it's current guise, and yet at the same time after £1000+ im apprehensive at the same time !
Ahh Parkgate in Rotherham? i live literally 2 mins up the road from there. It is difficult to say how much it will cost to sort without looking at it, but I am very fair with pricing as I work from home so have very little overheads. All I can say is if you can get the car to me we can sort something out. PM me if you need me.
returnofjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 08:26   #217
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

not looked at all pages /but this what i would do
get fuel pressure checked --should be 3bar
1.4 pump is not same flow rate as 1.6 pump,but that should cause lacj of fuel at high rpm .
take it to a PROPER garage and if they cannot find solution within an hour or so --they are not a proper garage
Old 21st March 2013, 10:03   #218
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:

!
sounds like the guy who worked on it doesnt know his arse from his elbow to be honest
Old 21st March 2013, 17:01   #219
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

just an update to this, i called consumer advice earlier who informed me that under the 1982 supply of goods & services act that i am entitled for this to be repaired to a satisfactory standard, so that has cheered me up slightly, just hope im not barking up the wrong tree!

Old 30th March 2013, 01:22   #220
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

Quote:
just an update to this, i called consumer advice earlier who informed me that under the 1982 supply of goods & services act that i am entitled for this to be repaired to a satisfactory standard, so that has cheered me up slightly, just hope im not barking up the wrong tree!
Good stuff mate, is there any update on this ?

Prob gonna go down a conversion route (NFU) next year depending, I'm looking at Beaniemoo, RickyP or someone local.
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote