Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 9th June 2005, 19:50   #1
VTS_Girl

VTS_Girl is on a distinguished road

Just wondering - is the standard VTS exhaust system mild or stainless steel? Considering the rust on mine I'm inclined to believe mild, but the car is eight years old so I'm not sure...

Does anyone know? I'd be inclined to splash out on a stainless steel system if the standard one's made of mild steel.
VTS_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 00:04   #2
darrensvtr
Established Member
Central Counties Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk 4 astra coupe
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
darrensvtr will become famous soon enoughdarrensvtr will become famous soon enough

be worth getting a new full system anyway, from someone like piper or scorpion or magnex,their stainless steel and they add power and sound great.
Old 10th June 2005, 05:11   #3
VTS_Girl

Yeah, was thinking Magnex/Scorpion as they're pretty much the same; I just hate a rusty looking exhaust, and mine is fairly rusty! It just makes the car look uncared for. Not to mention the fact that I'd rather have a round tailpipe - the oval standard one looks good normally, but not since my local Citroen garage managed to put it on squint

Since the little VTS is probably going to be with me for a while I suppose I'd better bite the bullet and get a proper stainless steel system (my exhaust's blowing at the minute anyway) - my bank balance better brace itself!
Old 10th June 2005, 06:20   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

mild.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2005, 13:40   #5
gafvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): supercharged saxo vts
gafvts is on a distinguished road

better off get stainless one
gafvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 21:53   #6
VTS_Girl

Finally got a Magnex cat-back - it looks pretty good, nice to have a shiny tailpipe at last! It's a bit louder than I was expecting, but sounds more deep and sporty than 'boy racer'ish, so I'm happy. Looks like a good quality system, too.
Old 12th July 2005, 00:51   #7
Neil_Saxo
Regular Poster

Neil_Saxo is on a distinguished road

ive had ma cat back magnex exhaust on ma vtr for about 2 weeks now. and ur right it gives a deep growl rather than a raspy sound. i really like it, its not fair my car is gettin fixed. got to get the train to work which sucks
Neil_Saxo is offline   Reply With Quote